Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Seems like a great game, looking forward to the OFFLINE version :D Man, this reminds me why I stay away from online gaming. Lads using every last second of the many available to edit their team and formation, using all subs and pauses, head wrecking! Not to mention the rage quitters, ugh, people are horrible :P

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Yeah, rage quitters are the worst. I refuse to do that, even if being beaten 5-0.

I can't play offline anymore though unless it's with 2 on a team in a competition. Just something about knowing you're playing another human mind online that makes it soooooo much better. And now that you can play 2v2 online I'll prob never be playing offline again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Seems like a great game, looking forward to the OFFLINE version :D Man, this reminds me why I stay away from online gaming. Lads using every last second of the many available to edit their team and formation, using all subs and pauses, head wrecking! Not to mention the rage quitters, ugh, people are horrible :P

I use the full time to edit my formation and tactics the first game I play because you can't save those tactics when you turn the beta off. The rage quitters are unbelievable though. It took me about 5/6 game to finish a match. Loving it so far though and it will be very difficult to get any use out of pes17 now for the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I use the full time to edit my formation and tactics the first game I play because you can't save those tactics when you turn the beta off. The rage quitters are unbelievable though. It took me about 5/6 game to finish a match. Loving it so far though and it will be very difficult to get any use out of pes17 now for the next few weeks

Beta only available for 10 more days I think :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Colemania wrote: »
    Beta only available for 10 more days I think :(
    But come then it will be (likely) 4 weeks until the release of the single player demo, and 6 weeks until the full game comes out!

Swings and roundabouts :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Nailz wrote: »
    But come then it will be (likely) 4 weeks until the release of the single player demo, and 6 weeks until the full game comes out!

Swings and roundabouts :)

And within that 4 week wait I'm getting married and going on my honeymoon for a week so I'm sure it'll seem even closer :D

Actually it seems to be saving the tactics now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Another game another rage quitter... ugh if only this game didn't play so well! Might have to delete it to avoid temptation to play it...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

can we download the beta on psn ?

Yep, you don't need PS Plus to play it either.

Video shows you where to find it on PS Store -

https://youtu.be/nNhunIeTwhM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Can it be played in friendly 1 on 1, or only random players? Thanks.

wonski wrote: »
    Can it be played in friendly 1 on 1, or only random players? Thanks.

BETA is just online testing. You can play 1v1 online on the BETA.

Random players selection is going to be in the full game. Not in this trial.

When the full game comes we should get a couple of people together to play the 3v3 online. It's good craic when there's a few playing it right but when you have the glory hogs all the time, it gets tiring.

Colemania wrote: »
    And within that 4 week wait I'm getting married and going on my honeymoon for a week so I'm sure it'll seem even closer :D
    Well you got me! Congrats in advance man :)

Really enjoying the beta, there's a few niggly issues with the gameplay but as Adam Bhatti said the beta's purely for online testing and the build that was playable after E3 was much better. Can't wait for the demo and the subsequent release now!

Here's a wee clip of one of my favourite (albeit direct) goals so far:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Only played a few games of the BETA and i'm already hooked. Really love the pacing of it - You can play a proper possession game and not be swarmed on with every pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Played a few games last night online. I love it.
    Can't wait for the release :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It's excellent. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Having a crackin time with the beta. Some savage matches, some where it's a tight game with a last minute winner, others where it's a free for all.

Even though it's an older build I can't wait for the full game.

Having a crackin time with the beta. Some savage matches, some where it's a tight game with a last minute winner, others where it's a free for all.

Even though it's an older build I can't wait for the full game.

Yeah I hope too much isn't changed for the full release. I don't think I've ever seen a football game where the better side wins more. Sometimes (especially in Fifa) you can just feel when a game is going to screw you.

It's so much fun as well. Scored some really nice goals. Can't wait to get my hands on the full release.

Yeah I hope too much isn't changed for the full release. I don't think I've ever seen a football game where the better side wins more. Sometimes (especially in Fifa) you can just feel when a game is going to screw you.
    Definitely all of this. Don't want to see too much change myself but at the same time I found the second player press (square) when defending to be infuriating at times, sometimes great defenders like Silva would end up running past attacking players.

However, I know an OP second player press can lead to lazy defending and all that, but if they strike a balance on that front for the full release I would be happy with the rest of the game as it is in the beta!

• Advertisement

They increased the server capacity for the online co-op games. It's brilliant now! I tried a few last week and kept just disconnecting, it was terrible. But yesterday I played about 7 matches, so addictive. Definitely worth checking out if you've only played the 1v1 online games so far.

The rating system in online co-op seems to be really good as well. Very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

loving the online co-op........... will be buying day 1...

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

How are you's playing it?

Demo? Can you play online on the Demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ruxjit wrote: »
    How are you's playing it?

Demo? Can you play online on the Demo?

Online Beta. You can download it in the PS store.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Online Beta. You can download it in the PS store.

How about Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

So is it shaping up to be better than Pes 2017 in people's opinions? I haven't played the beta but 2017 is just amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    So is it shaping up to be better than Pes 2017 in people's opinions? I haven't played the beta but 2017 is just amazing.

Much better. There's a better pace to the game, defending is tighter and player speed seems better balanced.

In saying that, the beta is an earlier build of the game so the finished product may be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Ruxjit wrote: »
    How about Xbox?

I bought a PS4 because Xbox don't seem to be changing their stance on option files. I'm guessing it's to do with their EA access deal which includes FIFA of course.

Edit: Sorry, also meant to say no beta on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭breeno

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I bought a PS4 because Xbox don't seem to be changing their stance on option files. I'm guessing it's to do with their EA access deal which includes FIFA of course.

Edit: Sorry, also meant to say no beta on Xbox.

There is a beta on Xbox One. I've been playing it a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

An annoying thing I find (same as last year), when a player on your team is on a yellow card, there's nothing (bar at the bottom of the screen s tiny yellow card) to make it obvious he's booked. The symbol above their head being yellow would be preferable. I've made a few challenges that I wouldn't have done if I knew I was on a booking.

Also, a signal on the screen for advantage play would be nice other than just the ref signalling.

Advertisement