Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

callaway92 wrote: »
    How can you post all them songs and not post the best ever:

Football SOCCER.... Football SOCCER

lol ya i remember it well was actually singing it in my head when i was posting the links :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

callaway92 wrote: »
    How can you post all them songs and not post the best ever:

Football SOCCER.... Football SOCCER

Haha jesus, I remember that one. The series went through a real lull in those years. I bought an Xbox just for PES 2007, I think that was the year, because it wasn't available for the next gen PS3. The game was terrible. Sold the Xbox eventually, and ended up buying the PS2 version the next couple of years, after buying the PS3 versions. The PS2 versions were still class, like PES 5 and 6.
    I digress. I always stuck with PES. There was some hard times! But the last few years it's been great again some niggles aside.
    I think this year it's upped it's game. I play with mates offline, or in offline leagues, always have done. Have to say PES 2018 is a fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Also, one of the first thing I did was mute the commentary, awful as per usual, and I don't even realise it missing during matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Also, one of the first thing I did was mute the commentary, awful as per usual, and I don't even realise it missing during matches.

me too... I play with Itunes on in the backround...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Am I the only one who has extremely fond memories of Peter Brackley and Trevor Brooking? :o

Their commentary holds a great deal of nostalgia for me. One of my fondest gaming memories was me playing as Man Red against my brother, Giggs swinging a cross in to Ruud van Nistelrooy with Brackley asking "Who's waiting in the middle!?" followed by me roaring "Ruuuuuuuud!!!" whilst he headed it into the back of the net!

My brother and I still reference that "Who's waiting in the middle!?" line to this day; I won't have a bad word be said about the commentary from those days. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

"He shoooooots... I tell a lie, he's missed."

Never understood that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I started playing online matches with the Blimp camera angle, it took a few games to get used to it but my game has improved so much. Up to Division 4 in Master League. It's probably as far as I'll go but really enjoying seeing everything on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Played a few online co-op games, they're great craic. Serious pressure to score when you're 1 on 1 with the keeper in a 3v3.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    How did you get the LoI teams?

I'm currently about 2/3rds of the way through creating the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Cienciano wrote:
    Played a few online co-op games, they're great craic. Serious pressure to score when you're 1 on 1 with the keeper in a 3v3.

That's the only mode I play now. Myself and mate got into Div 1 today. We've finished top 10 in all the divisions so far.

By far the most annoying thing is when you get matched with a tam from Asia. There's at least a 1 second lag on everything you do. I'd say we have 20 defeats from those games alone which is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

That's the only mode I play now. Myself and mate got into Div 1 today. We've finished top 10 in all the divisions so far.

By far the most annoying thing is when you get matched with a tam from Asia. There's at least a 1 second lag on everything you do. I'd say we have 20 defeats from those games alone which is nonsense.

Jesus that's some going. Is that on ps4 or xbox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Colemania wrote:
    Jesus that's some going. Is that on ps4 or xbox?

PS4. We've been playing Pro Evo together back since International Superstar Soccer on the N64 so familiarity breeds success :)

Happy to accept any clan challenges too, though not entirely sure how to set up a private game on Co-Op...

Finally finished my LOI OF, I'll try get it uploaded somewhere later on tonight. Have all 12 premier teams and Waterford and Cobh, all teams have kits, squads, manager and stadium photos.
    It's my first time making a league so don't expect perfection :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Finally finished my LOI OF, I'll try get it uploaded somewhere later on tonight. Have all 12 premier teams and Waterford and Cobh, all teams have kits, squads, manager and stadium photos.
    It's my first time making a league so don't expect perfection :pac:

Fair play to you though, that's quite impressive. I'll definitely give it a test out anyway. Goodbye Bundesliga! :pac: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I think there's a template thing on PES Universe. But it's still not easy though, even with that.

That said though, I've never tried so I don't really know!! :pac:

Just did a quick google there. It's actually PES Master where they have a "kit creator".

Link here.

:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Logged in for the first time in a few days and I see the name of MyClub team has changed.

I'm using the Stoke kits (using option file) etc but had the team name 'Dizzy Mandem Bruvs'. It's been changed to ST Red (the default Stoke name?) without my input.

Any idea if maybe my team name was found offensive and they changed it? Not sure where to ask support etc.

Ironically, the acronym for my team at the scoreboard in matches is 'STD'!!!!

• Advertisement

the PES Master kit creator is class! its what i use to make mine, plus some additional editing using Paint.net. PES Universe have a creator as well but i think they pulled it to make some updates and i think its locked behind a membership or i think last years one was anyway.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Fair play to you though, that's quite impressive. I'll definitely give it a test out anyway. Goodbye Bundesliga! :pac: :)

Cheers bud :D I've haven't had a chance to try it out myself besides a few kick off games. Been holding off starting a ML until i finished it, so hopefully all goes well.

So, I've been trying to get into MyClub a lot more this time (previously I usually just stuck to offline modes like ML and BAL), but quickly realised that I'm never going to amass the amount of GP needed to buy the scouts needed for a Neymar, Kane, Alli, Pogba, Lukaku, etc... (partly because I don't play it enough, but mostly because I'm just shíte! :pac:), so I've decided to go for a different tactic, and create my own youth/U21 team. I have my targets all laid out in an excel spreadsheet along with all the scouts needed for them (majority being just 3 star at most).

I have three spots filled in so far, and I'll try to keep you all updated on my progress! :pac:

4-2-3-1 Formation although this is subject to change. :)

No. | Pos. | Player | Age
    1. | GK | |
    2. | RB| |
    3. | LB| |
    4. | CB | Joris Gnagnon | 20
    5. | CB | |
    6. | DM | |
    7. | RM | Riccardo Orsolini | 20
    8. | CM | Youri Tielemans | 20
    9. | CF | |
    10. | AM | |
    11. | LM | |

I'll hopefully have the Attacking Midfielder added tomorrow. :):)

So I've had time to check it out by importing the OF on another profile and all teams seemed to import with no problems, so now after 2 months I present to you my League Of Ireland OF (PS4) :D

I've done this all on my own with only the help of PES Master's Kit Creator and SMcCutcheon's PS4 Team Editor. So dont expect everything to be 100% accurate but i tried the best i could :pac:, I know some team kits need some editing and ill try come back to them when i can.

It includes all 12 Premier Division teams and also Waterford and Cobh Ramblers of the First Division. All Premier team's stats were based off of FIFA 18, Waterford and Cobh are just guessed generic ones seen as i had no way to know their stats.

And a word of warning to any one who is interested in using this OF, if you have a Bundesliga OF it will be overwritten, Konami only allows you to create one league in the game so blame them not me:P But i have included in the OF Folder a notepad document which includes all the teams ive used and havent used, so its possible to get teams such as Bayern Munich etc and add them into Other European Teams

After you're done importing the teams and competitions, go into Competition Structure select Draw Size and change it to 14, then move the teams which have ended up in Other European Teams back into the League of Ireland league, you'll also need to rearrange the teams in alphabetical order manually.

The download link is in the video description, if anyone has any problems or if theres some errors with teams/players please let me know :)

Extremely pedantic I know, but the Derry City manager is Kenny Shiels, as opposed to "Shields". Not criticising at all though as it looks fantastic, but just one thing I noticed from the video. :):)

Aherla Tigers

19 year old creative midfielder for Real Madrid (on loan at Heerenveen) Martin Odergaard has just joined up with the team this evening. :)

No. | Pos. | Player | Age
    1. | GK | |
    2. | RB| |
    3. | LB| |
    4. | CB | Joris Gnagnon | 20
    5. | CB | |
    6. | DM | |
    7. | RM | Riccardo Orsolini | 20
    8. | CM | Youri Tielemans | 20
    9. | CF | |
    10. | AM | Martin Odegaard | 19
    11. | LM | |

:):)

Wilberto wrote: »
    Extremely pedantic I know, but the Derry City manager is Kenny Shiels, as opposed to "Shields". Not criticising at all though as it looks fantastic, but just one thing I noticed from the video. :):)

Balls :pac: I was kind of in a rush getting the managers done as I was dying to start my ML, but thanks for pointing it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Balls :pac: I was kind of in a rush getting the managers done as I was dying to start my ML, but thanks for pointing it out!

I think the Limerick manager is Neil McDonald too. It all looks savage though

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    I think the Limerick manager is Neil McDonald too. It all looks savage though

Balls x2 :pac: according to Wikipedia it's Martin Russell though, that's where I got all the info for the mangers.

Advertisement