Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Balls x2 :pac: according to Wikipedia it's Martin Russell though, that's where I got all the info for the mangers.

According to Limerick FCs website anyway it's Neil McDonald. Wikipedia mustn't rate Limerick FC :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Colemania wrote: »
    According to Limerick FCs website anyway it's Neil McDonald. Wikipedia mustn't rate Limerick FC :P

Wouldn't blame them :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Russell was sacked back in April. :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Got a free spin on the English League Stars today in MyClub and got a 63 rated Saido Berahino. A man yet to score for Stoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Anyone know of or can recommend an option file with the missing Champions League teams created? I use the Pes Universe one, will eventually have those teams in, but not yet. Having a Champions League tournament with mates over the next couple of days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Anyone know of or can recommend an option file with the missing Champions League teams created? I use the Pes Universe one, will eventually have those teams in, but not yet. Having a Champions League tournament with mates over the next couple of days.

PES Gaming is the one I use. I've linked this to the 'Best of Everything' option file that they do somtimes. Someone collates all the individual option files on that site into one jumbo one.

The link for version 1.4 is on the seventh page of that thread (post 104).

The links are usually always put straight into the first post but I'm guessing they simply just forgot to add that one to it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Wilberto wrote: »
    PES Gaming is the one I use. I've linked this to the 'Best of Everything' option file that they do somtimes. Someone collates all the individual option files on that site into one jumbo one.

The link for version 1.4 is on the seventh page of that thread (post 104).

The links are usually always put straight into the first post but I'm guessing they simply just forgot to add that one to it. :)

Thanks for the links man, will check that out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

News About Upcoming Gameplay Patch
    After receiving feedback from our users, a patch will be released this month to fix the issues below:

Cursor change
    improved player selection

COM fouls
    increased aggression for COM defence and foul call balance

Goalkeepers
    reaction to variety of shots balanced, with keepers more likely to catch slow balls that do not necessarily have to be deflected

Defender AI
    the final line AI decisions are improved in balance

All changes result in a more enjoyable and improved experience for all users.
    We will be releasing more details next week, including information of exciting new content coming to PES 2018.
    We thank all our fans for the continued feedback and support to help improve the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That player change one is so badly needed. Hopefully it helps drastically

• Advertisement

The goalkeeper one as well. In fact there's three massive improvements there that, if they get right, will improve the gameplay by a significant amount.

Sound great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

how the **** can you sign good players in My Club ? I have a half arsed team, yet when I go online most teams I play against has 3 or 4 superstars... My best player would be Ramos.............. The scout system is a joke and so is the bidding for scouts.... gameplay is great but this part of the game is starting to annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    how the **** can you sign good players in My Club ? I have a half arsed team, yet when I go online most teams I play against has 3 or 4 superstars... My best player would be Ramos.............. The scout system is a joke and so is the bidding for scouts.... gameplay is great but this part of the game is starting to annoy me.

Tips for enjoying PES:

1. Never play My Club
    2. See #1

My club is a big pile of crap imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Cienciano wrote: »
    Tips for enjoying PES:

1. Never play My Club
    2. See #1

My club is a big pile of crap imho.

Preach!!

Preach!!

Another thing I hate is when I start up PES it give you notifications. They're marked red if you haven't opened them. They're always related to poxy my club! Some extra points or something about legends. Fúck off and never notify me about anything to do with my club again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Another thing I hate is when I start up PES it give you notifications. They're marked red if you haven't opened them. They're always related to poxy my club! Some extra points or something about legends. Fúck off and never notify me about anything to do with my club again!

Whats my club? i was thinking of grabbing it while its on sale

Ah MyClub isn't so bad if you just blatantly accept the fact that you're never going to have a star player really unless you sink countless hours into it, and are really good (neither of which apply to me! :pac:). Like I posted earlier though, I've a list of young players that I'm targeting in order to create a top class youth side that I can develop. That's the great think about MyClub over FIFA UT. If you buy a player over there then you have that player at a certain rating, and that's it. With MyClub, you sign him at level one, but only reaches his normal in-game overall rating at level 30, but can also reach around level 90 (for young players anyway).

That said, I also only play against the COM in MyClub as well!!

All that said though, it's still not the one I play most. That honour belongs to the Master League now that I have the Airtricity League on it thanks to ItsHoggie. :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Does anyone know what the free version on the Xbox one is ? It's even a fairly hefty download, at 26gb:)

Ah MyClub isn't so bad if you just blatantly accept the fact that you're never going to have a star player really unless you sink countless hours into it, and are really good (neither of which apply to me! :pac:). Like I posted earlier though, I've a list of young players that I'm targeting in order to create a top class youth side that I can develop. That's the great think about MyClub over FIFA UT. If you buy a player over there then you have that player at a certain rating, and that's it. With MyClub, you sign him at level one, but only reaches his normal in-game overall rating at level 30, but can also reach around level 90 (for young players anyway).

That said, I also only play against the COM in MyClub as well!!

All that said though, it's still not the one I play most. That honour belongs to the Master League now that I have the Airtricity League on it thanks to ItsHoggie. :pac: :)

I got Ronaldo in my UEFA TOTY spin so I'm okay for a star player :pac:

Ah delighted to hear, how's it going for ya?.

irishman86 wrote: »

PES's version of Ultimate Team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

irishman86 wrote: »

It's just one gamemode. You build a team but it's not like a real manager game when you build a team, you get random players. I don't like it, but Konami seems to push it a lot. Plenty to do in the game without it, but lots of people like it, so don't let me put you off

Ah delighted to hear, how's it going for ya?.

When you made them, did you import/export/create the kits as large kits? For me it kept importing them as large ones which meant there was no space for them all (only about three kits were added initially) as I had another option file in as well. All I did though was import all the kits first as small kits, and then took the kits out of the WEPES folder with the teams so I could import those teams without the kits. Then I just added the kits manually. It didn't bother me to do this at all really as I knew all the hard work was still done by yourselves in the first place!! :pac: :)

I know large kits are of much better quality alright but I'd always prefer to just get as many real teams in as possible! :pac:

Even at that though, they're excellent!! Struggling for league form with Cork City though (although Dundalk are even worse!)

When you made them, did you import/export/create the kits as large kits? For me it kept importing them as large ones which meant there was no space for them all (only about three kits were added initially) as I had another option file in as well. All I did though was import all the kits first as small kits, and then took the kits out of the WEPES folder with the teams so I could import those teams without the kits. Then I just added the kits manually. It didn't bother me to do this at all really as I knew all the hard work was still done by yourselves in the first place!! :pac: :)

I know large kits are of much better quality alright but I'd always prefer to just get as many real teams in as possible! :pac:

Even at that though, they're excellent!! Struggling for league form with Cork City though (although Dundalk are even worse!)

Yeah there done as large kits, I used PES Master's kit creator and I don't think they've an option to save as the small size.

Im finding ML a lot easier than I did last year, only lost 2 out of the 9 or so games I've played. One was a 1-0 defeat to Waterford which knocked me out the cup, still bitter over that :(

If you're looking for a decent midfielder Richie Towell was in the free agents list for me, I know he's an ex Dundalk lad but his stats are pretty good for a 67(?) rated player.

Yeah there done as large kits, I used PES Master's kit creator and I don't think they've an option to save as the small size.

Im finding ML a lot easier than I did last year, only lost 2 out of the 9 or so games I've played. One was a 1-0 defeat to Waterford which knocked me out the cup, still bitter over that :(

Yeah, it's tough for me alright, but that may be down to the commonly known fact of me being sh*te! :pac: Still great fun though, and having some great games! :) I beat Dundalk in the President's Cup though, and also beat Olympiakos in the Champions League. Lost 3-0 away to PSG which I thought was pretty okay! :pac:
    If you're looking for a decent midfielder Richie Towell was in the free agents list for me, I know he's an ex Dundalk lad but his stats are pretty good for a 67(?) rated player.

Saw him alright but he had no interest in coming over! :pac: Are you playing on challenge or normal mode? It's tough (if not impossible) to really sign anyone in challenge. I need to rely on the scouts who, to be fair, have served me well so far. :)

Yeah, it's tough for me alright, but that may be down to the commonly known fact of me being sh*te! :pac: Still great fun though, and having some great games! :) I beat Dundalk in the President's Cup though, and also beat Olympiakos in the Champions League. Lost 3-0 away to PSG which I thought was pretty okay! :pac:

Saw him alright but he had no interest in coming over! :pac: Are you playing on challenge or normal mode? It's tough (if not impossible) to really sign anyone in challenge. I need to rely on the scouts who, to be fair, have served me well so far. :)

I wouldn't consider myself good either, I was really struggling last year to score goals and that was on a lower difficulty to what I'm playing on now :pac:
    Im liking the step up in difficulty in the CL alright, Dortmund bate me 2-0 but I managed to beat PSV 3-1 at the cross :pac: .
    Just playing on normal atm might go for the challenge mode if I start again with a stronger team. Is it much harder cause the Irish teams aren't so good or is it the same across all teams?

I wouldn't consider myself good either, I was really struggling last year to score goals and that was on a lower difficulty to what I'm playing on now :pac:
    Im liking the step up in difficulty in the CL alright, Dortmund bate me 2-0 but I managed to beat PSV 3-1 at the cross :pac: .
    Just playing on normal atm might go for the challenge mode if I start again with a stronger team. Is it much harder cause the Irish teams aren't so good or is it the same across all teams?

The only other Master League that I started in 2018 was with Sparta Rotterdam and it was much the same regarding transfers. I quit that one though as the option file I was using at the time wasn't great so I've since updated it!

After playing 3 on 3 last night the improved player selection is badly needed! I few times a player on my team would be running down the wing and my player change button is cycling through defenders well behind the play! Or someone is about to cross it and I can't select a striker in the middle of the box! Annoying as fúck! I'm blaming that on my poor performance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I like the fact that the players are got randomly in MyClub, it's stops people having mostly the same players. 

I've got Aguero, Mbappe, Boateng, ter Stegen, Mo Salah and Marquinhos as my superstar players. Raphael Guererro, Ciro Immobile and Alex Grimaldo are my second tier players. 

I play a fair bit, usually a couple of games a day online. Every week there's a different theme for the special agents, Best of England, Best of Spain, Champions League Stars, and if you complete online and offline challenges you can get a free spin.

I find MyClub great fun but I reckon I've probably got two or three more weeks in me of it and then Football Manager is out.

• Advertisement

After playing 3 on 3 last night the improved player selection is badly needed! I few times a player on my team would be running down the wing and my player change button is cycling through defenders well behind the play! Or someone is about to cross it and I can't select a striker in the middle of the box! Annoying as fúck! I'm blaming that on my poor performance :pac:

I noticed the same thing too though. Very annoying!

Advertisement