Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Aherla Tigers

Full Back positions are now filled with some decent teenage talent!

No. | Pos. | Player | Age
    1. | GK | |
    2. | RB | Trent Alexander Arnold | 19
    3. | LB | Ryan Sessegnon | 17
    4. | CB | Joris Gnagnon | 20
    5. | CB | |
    6. | DM | |
    7. | RM | Riccardo Orsolini | 20
    8. | CM | Youri Tielemans | 20
    9. | CF | |
    10. | AM | Martin Odegaard | 19
    11. | LM | |

The left winger is my next target. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Wilberto wrote: »
    Aherla Tigers

Full Back positions are now filled with some decent teenage talent!

No. | Pos. | Player | Age
    1. | GK | |
    2. | RB | Trent Alexander Arnold | 19
    3. | LB | Ryan Sessegnon | 17
    4. | CB | Joris Gnagnon | 20
    5. | CB | |
    6. | DM | |
    7. | RM | Riccardo Orsolini | 20
    8. | CM | Youri Tielemans | 20
    9. | CF | |
    10. | AM | Martin Odegaard | 19
    11. | LM | |

The left winger is my next target. :)

Easy to get any of them? Apparently it's really easy to get fosu mensah

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Colemania wrote: »
    Easy to get any of them? Apparently it's really easy to get fosu mensah

Some of them the scouts are around 10-15k alright which is a bit costly, especially given that most would require 3 scouts.

Some of the scouts I received by just playing matches though, although it's fairly randon what scouts you win there so it's just luck if you win one that you need! :pac

I must have a look at Fosu Mensah now that you said that though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Some of them the scouts are around 10-15k alright which is a bit costly, especially given that most would require 3 scouts.

Some of the scouts I received by just playing matches though, although it's fairly randon what scouts you win there so it's just luck if you win one that you need! :pac

I must have a look at Fosu Mensah now that you said that though! :)

All you need is DMF and Defensive Fullback

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

What's the best tactic against one of those arseholes who pass it around the back to waste time? Got one last night, I was Newcastle united against real Madrid. He spend most of the second half just passing it around between his defenders and goalkeepers. I intercepted a couple, but not much you can do with Newcastle, they're players are shíte compared with Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Cienciano wrote: »
    What's the best tactic against one of those arseholes who pass it around the back to waste time? Got one last night, I was Newcastle united against real Madrid. He spend most of the second half just passing it around between his defenders and goalkeepers. I intercepted a couple, but not much you can do with Newcastle, they're players are shíte compared with Madrid.

I haven't actually played a single game online yet. Played loads solo and with mates.
    Anyway. How about going in to advanced tactics and in the defensive options go tight marking on one or both of his centre backs? I don't know if that would work, just an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Usually not much you can do apart from shouting at the tele and vowing never to play again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Problem is with Madrid he's just waiting for you to push those players up so he can hit a long ball over the top go Bale or Ronaldo. You can save a couple of formations on the side. Might be best to save a 4-2-4 style formation in there for when you need to go attacking but be careful about the ball over the top in that situation. More than likely that's his aim there.

Edit: also maybe use the deep defensive line so he doesn't get too much room to go over the top and use the counter target tactic to keep one of your strikers high up the pitch to put more pressure on his centre backs in possession.

You'll be fairly light in midfield using that but that isn't the sort of game where you'll be holding into loads of the ball anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

MyClub signings are so random, have iniesta and candreva, but lots of my team have i wouldn't have a clue who they are at all.

Problem is with Madrid he's just waiting for you to push those players up so he can hit a long ball over the top go Bale or Ronaldo. You can save a couple of formations on the side. Might be best to save a 4-2-4 style formation in there for when you need to go attacking but be careful about the ball over the top in that situation. More than likely that's his aim there.

Edit: also maybe use the deep defensive line so he doesn't get too much room to go over the top and use the counter target tactic to keep one of your strikers high up the pitch to put more pressure on his centre backs in possession.

You'll be fairly light in midfield using that but that isn't the sort of game where you'll be holding into loads of the ball anyway.
    I'm definitely going to save a formation for that scenario. It's poxy annoying. But TBH, I must have played about 40 or 50 online division games and this is was the first time it happened

• Advertisement

I'm definitely going to save a formation for that scenario. It's poxy annoying. But TBH, I must have played about 40 or 50 online division games and this is was the first time it happened

It no harm to have a formation like that so you can go to it in games you are behind in as well to be honest.

Yeah thankfully it's something I haven't seen too much of either thankfully.

JamboMac wrote:
    MyClub signings are so random, have iniesta and candreva, but lots of my team have i wouldn't have a clue who they are at all.

You're doing it wrong.

You're doing it wrong.

More than likely, but I've no idea how it should be done. Teach me oh wise one.

JamboMac wrote: »
    More than likely, but I've no idea how it should be done. Teach me oh wise one.

You have to combine up to three scouts to get the player you want. Simples! :pac:

You have to combine up to three scouts to get the player you want. Simples! :pac:

Did that, 3*4 star scouts and got some useless white ball player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I think we all need to know the secret of using the scouts. I normally get rubbish when using them.

On another topic,I got my second black ball last night and bagged Lorris.
    I may or may not have done the "Alan pardew" dance in celebration.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Did that, 3*4 star scouts and got some useless white ball player.

Like I said, you're doing it wrong!

:pac: :pac:

You do know you have to use certain combination of scouts to get certain players right? And if you do it right then you can narrow down the range of players to target just one particular player.

Also, there may even be more than one combination to get any one particular player, with some combinations being cheaper than others. Like, in my own example, when I was looking for Odergaard I was going to use the club scout (Heerenveen), and the creative playmaker scout. The Heerenveen scout was actually quite expensive though, but I quickly realised that if I used the much cheaper Dutch League scout instead (along with the creative playmaker scout), that combination would also yield a 100% chance of getting Odergaard. So, naturally, I chose that way instead. Obviously this is just a very basic example. :pac: :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

For anyone who's played deep into master league at what age did Messi and Ronaldo retire? Did they go straight onto the market then as youth players?

Ronaldo is still playing as a 40 year old in my save. Barzagli is nearly 50!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

You can get a Guaranteed Fosu mensah with a 2 star DM and a 2 star defensive full back playing style. His really good in the game. Both agents can be bought cheaply.

• Advertisement

For anyone who's played deep into master league at what age did Messi and Ronaldo retire? Did they go straight onto the market then as youth players?

Ronaldo is still playing as a 40 year old in my save. Barzagli is nearly 50!

Ronaldo playing until 40 isn't that crazy imo. What's he rated like as a 40 year old?

Barzagli on the other hand :D

I haven't even finished 1 season of ML! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I near the end of my tether with MyClub or online games in general.

It's partly my fault because I can't defend at all. I've asked for help on this thread before and got some but I still can't manage it. The amount of times my players chase after the ball and leave a man free from a simple one-two. Too many times I'm just getting frustrated playing the game rather than enjoying it, which is what games are for really.

I've Klopp as a manager so maybe his frontline pressure tactic is killing me. But so often it seems they opposition have a tonne of space every time they attack and I've none.

I know this post has just been a little rant but sure feck it.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Nokotan wrote: »

It's partly my fault because I can't defend at all. I've asked for help on this thread before and got some but I still can't manage it. The amount of times my players chase after the ball and leave a man free from a simple one-two. Too many times I'm just getting frustrated playing the game rather than enjoying it, which is what games are for really.

I've Klopp as a manager so maybe his frontline pressure tactic is killing me. But so often it seems they opposition have a tonne of space every time they attack and I've none.

Hi Nokotan,

Do you use R1 + R2 together (presume you're on ps4?) to kind of super-control your players run when defending? I find it helps me to get my defenders positioned where I need them and to control their run so they follow a return pass from a one-two.

But there are some serious players online who just know every way around a good defence, anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

I haven't even finished 1 season of ML! :pac:

I'm in my 4th season and on my 4th different team. I've made getting sacked an art form!

Ronaldo playing until 40 isn't that crazy imo. What's he rated like as a 40 year old?

Barzagli on the other hand :D

He's 84 atm Messi is around the same but few years younger.

Both of them lost there speed big time!!!

Barzagli stats still look quite good apart from fact he can barely run!

Nokotan wrote: »

The gameplay online is different to offline. There's a slight delay against a lot of people as well so bascially it's ****ing pointless.

tigger123 wrote: »
    I'm in my 4th season and on my 4th different team. I've made getting sacked an art form!

I started with Fulham and got sacked for not getting promoted but was offered the Sunderland job who won the league so I got promoted anyway :pac::pac:

The gameplay online is different to offline. There's a slight delay against a lot of people as well so bascially it's ****ing pointless.

I wouldn't say a lot, I've played about 60 games, probably more online and it's been bad in about 2 or 3 games. It all depends on your broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Online is the only way to go.

I can only bring myself to play two or three offline games when the demo comes out, just to see what it's like, but it's just not the same.

As Cienciano said, it all depends on your broadband. Online has really improved and if you've got decent broadband then there isn't any lag at all.

I didn't experience any lag in last year's game either.

Advertisement