Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Online is the only way to go.

I can only bring myself to play two or three offline games when the demo comes out, just to see what it's like, but it's just not the same.

As Cienciano said, it all depends on your broadband. Online has really improved and if you've got decent broadband then there isn't any lag at all.

I didn't experience any lag in last year's game either.

I don't have decent broadband at all but almost all of my games in the Boards League were virtually lag free. :) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Ping rate is more important. I usually get stuck into the master league, but I've only played about 3 games in it, its all online for me now

Wilberto wrote: »
    I don't have decent broadband at all but almost all of my games in the Boards League were virtually lag free. :) :pac:

Really? My one really laggy game was when you beat me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Cienciano wrote: »
    Ping rate is more important.

Yep, remember someone telling me this before as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

I started with Fulham and got sacked for not getting promoted but was offered the Sunderland job who won the league so I got promoted anyway :pac::pac:

I'm currently managing newly promoted Newcastle and 17th in the league. The criteria for not getting sacked this season is to not get relegated and stay in the Premier League.

I'm not unpacking my stuff this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

tigger123 wrote: »
    I'm currently managing newly promoted Newcastle and 17th in the league. The criteria for not getting sacked this season is to not get relegated and stay in the Premier League.

I'm not unpacking my stuff this time.

What got me on promotion is I don't think master league has the play offs set up for the championship. So even though I finished in what would have been a play off position I got the sack.

Still who's laughing now Fulham :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

What got me on promotion is I don't think master league has the play offs set up for the championship. So even though I finished in what would have been a play off position I got the sack.

They did last year though so I assume that wouldn't have changed this year?

Unless some of the options changed during the import of the competition. Doubt it though. :)

Wilberto wrote: »
    They did last year though so I assume that wouldn't have changed this year?

Unless some of the options changed during the import of the competition. Doubt it though. :)

Yeah I'm not sure what happened but I finished 6th and got the sack. I thought that was a play off position so was confused but maybe I was just fired before the play offs so never seen them.

You can check competition information in ML and it gives you all the league information and structure. Play off info will be there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Cienciano wrote: »
    I wouldn't say a lot, I've played about 60 games, probably more online and it's been bad in about 2 or 3 games. It all depends on your broadband.

Broadband is grand for all other games I've played and in general. Last years my club I found same problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Only issue I have with playing online is the length of time it takes to match make. You could have the first 45 minutes played by the time the game matches you with someone else. No patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Only issue I have with playing online is the length of time it takes to match make. You could have the first 45 minutes played by the time the game matches you with someone else. No patience!

I think that must just be simply down to the numbers playing the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Is there a release date for the next patch that sorts out the cursor player switching?

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2018/eu/en/topic/datapack_2_pre

Only says that it will be out this month, no specific date, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

This option file looks class , loads of retro players/teams from the 90's etc.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy9dIsYIiQs

Any other good ones out there

It's PC though isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Data pack 2 and gameplay patch out on Thursday. Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

Colemania wrote: »
    Data pack 2 and gameplay patch out on Thursday. Nice one!

Does that have the cursor switch patch?

tigger123 wrote: »
    Does that have the cursor switch patch?

It does indeed!
    Cursor change
    improved player selection

COM fouls
    increased aggression for COM defence and foul call balance

Goalkeepers
    reaction to variety of shots balanced, with keepers more likely to catch slow balls that do not necessarily have to be deflected

Defender AI
    the final line AI decisions are improved in balance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

All my imported kits and emblems have gone.
    I had to accept some terms and conditions when I loaded up the game today. Maybe it's in advance of the patch and data pack tomorrow.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

I just loaded my game and had to accept same Terms & Conditions, too. All my edit data is fine, though.

Yeah mine are fine too. Something else has gone wrong for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Yeah, it's a weird one. All other edit data and settings are fine. Just lost all imported images.
    Oh well. Re-installing the option file. Good job I discovered it before the Data Pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Pes universe bronze option file, does it exist? Can't seem to get it and the site seems fu(€ed.

Aherla Tigers #GoTigers

Three more players have signed up with the Aherla Youth Centre.

First up we have Timothy Fosu Mensah who, to be honest, is really just a filler as I have another player in mind to play that defensive midfield role. I'm sure TFM will prove to be an invaluable squad member though largely due to his versatility.

Secondly, we have the exciting Dortmund winger who hails all the way from the US, Christian Pulisic. He'll slot in at the RMF position while Orsolini will now be plying his trade over on the left wing.

Lastly, but by no means least, he's been touted as the next big superstar to hit Seria A by his real life owner. He'll be spearheading the Tigers' attack for years to come. He is none other than the 16 year old teenage sensation from Genoa, Pietrooooooooo Pelleeeeegriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

No. | Pos. | Player | Age
    1. | GK | |
    2. | RB | Trent Alexander Arnold | 19
    3. | LB | Ryan Sessegnon | 17
    4. | CB | Joris Gnagnon | 20
    5. | CB | |
    6. | DM | Timothy Fosu Mensah | 19
    7. | RM | Christian Pulisic | 19
    8. | CM | Youri Tielemans | 20
    9. | CF | Pietro Pellegri | 16
    10. | AM | Martin Odegaard | 19
    11. | LM | Riccardo Orsolini | 20

Leaves me with just the centre back slot which mightn't be too difficult to fill, but also the GK which could be extraordinarily difficult, so much so that I might have to change my initial target. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Two spins tonight and came away with Carvajal and Mbappe, not too bad :pac:

Edit: just got Ibrahimovic out of my spin for winning the Beckham challenge, not a bad night at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Tried 6 spins in the Beckham one. All silver of course. Not worth it at all

callaway92 wrote: »
    Tried 6 spins in the Beckham one. All silver of course. Not worth it at all

My first 7 or 8 spins were silver. Then I got about 5 golds in the next 9 spins. Nothing amazing but solid additions to the squad. Rabiot, trapp, Valencia, marquinhos and nacho.

• Advertisement

I had been saving GP up for when Beckham dropped. I must have had 40/50 spins. Got 2 Black balls in that, benzema and di maria.. No sign of Beckham and I think he's out of reach.

There's 175 players in the list. If you want to spend money it costs around 10 euro for 4 spins... So yeah, not a chance.

I wish they would just release the legends as DLC for offline. I really just want them for master league. I'd pay for the DLC as well.

Advertisement