Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Colemania wrote: »
    My first 7 or 8 spins were silver. Then I got about 5 golds in the next 9 spins. Nothing amazing but solid additions to the squad. Rabiot, trapp, Valencia, marquinhos and nacho.

I got valencia too. And Rojo.i think I got Bony from there too. No black ball yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

callaway92 wrote: »
    Tried 6 spins in the Beckham one. All silver of course. Not worth it at all

I've had at least one spin everyday since it started and hadn't got one useful player until last night.

It was like I was almost guaranteed a black ball for the reward for the Beckham Cup Challenge, when it was due to stop all balls were black. Was this not the norm for everyone?.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I've had at least one spin everyday since it started and hadn't got one useful player until last night.

It was like I was almost guaranteed a black ball for the reward for the Beckham Cup Challenge, when it was due to stop all balls were black. Was this not the norm for everyone?.

I've only had 3 spins but got Bonucci and Beckham! :pac:

Here's a link to Pesgaming where you can download all the legends available so far (they override the Euro Classic players), see post #54:
    http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=102722&page=4

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I haven't found much (if any) improvement with player switching at all. I'm using the right analog more and more to change players now.

Another thing wrecking me head is when the ball is pinging around the box and you're trying to clear it, your player always seems to take a damn touch no matter what.

Love it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I haven't found much (if any) improvement with player switching at all. I'm using the right analog more and more to change players now.

Another thing wrecking me head is when the ball is pinging around the box and you're trying to clear it, your player always seems to take a damn touch no matter what.

Love it otherwise.

I've definitely seen an improvement. Not perfect but definitely switches to the player closest to the ball now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

az1234 wrote: »

Here's a link to Pesgaming where you can download all the legends available so far (they override the Euro Classic players), see post #54:

I just tried this out. Thanks man its absolutely great. I've no interest in MyClub but I want the Legends. You've just removed hours and hours of pain for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

I just tried this out. Thanks man its absolutely great. I've no interest in MyClub but I want the Legends. You've just removed hours and hours of pain for me :D
    No bother. That's the same reason I downloaded it, no interest really in MyClub!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Speaking of MyClub, I was looking back at a few saved replays and found this one from Gerard Moreno a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I've definitely seen an improvement. Not perfect but definitely switches to the player closest to the ball now

Yeah it’s way better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Love it otherwise.
    Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Yeah it’s way better.

Yeah, I'm finding it much easier to defend now. I should know too as I spend most of my games without the ball! :pac:

• Advertisement

Is there anyway to take money from your transfer budget and put it into your salary budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there anyway to take money from your transfer budget and put it into your salary budget?

There’s not. It’s a right pain.

There’s not. It’s a right pain.

Balls, I've 900k in my transfer but less than 150k salary so can't sign anyone decent

Aherla Tigers

I can now field a team with an average age of below 19 (18.7)! :pac:

No. | Pos. | Player | Age | Current OVR | Current Level
    1. | GK | Alban Lafont | 18 | 76 | 16
    2. | RB | Trent Alexander Arnold | 19 | 67 | 16
    3. | LB | Ryan Sessegnon | 17 | 68 | 23
    4. | CB | Joris Gnagnon | 20 | 75 | 22
    5. | CB | Dayot Upamecano | 19 | 73 | 19
    6. | DM | Timothy Fosu Mensah | 19 | 68 | 21
    7. | RM | Christian Pulisic | 19 | 74 | 21
    8. | CM | Youri Tielemans | 20 | 76 | 21
    9. | CF | Pietro Pellegri | 16 | 61 | 26
    10. | AM | Martin Odegaard | 19 | 72 | 20
    11. | LM | Riccardo Orsolini | 20 | 71 | 23

The two new recruits are 18 year old Toulouse stopper Alban Lafant, and 19 year old centre half from Leipzig, Dayot (Day-ay-ay-o, Daylight come and me wan' go home) Upamecano.

Ideally, I'd love young Gigi Donnarumma in that keeper slot, but he's going to require a lot of saving up for!

I've a few promising younstgers on the bench too :
    Real Madrid teenage sensation - Achraf Hakimi,
    Nice teenage centre half/left back - Malang Sarr,
    Monaco recruit from La Masia - Jordi Mboula,
    Dortmund's other young teenage winger - Jadon Sancho.

Future targets include Manuel Locatelli, and a young teenage striker who I haven't decided on yet. If I can sign Raul De Thomas, and also a four star rabona scout (very expensive!) then I have the other two scouts needed to sign either Rashford or Mbappe. I really wouldn't mind either of those two, nor can I choose between them. :pac:

Oh, and the team above is also at 99 Team Spirit level too! :pac:

#GoTigers! :pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

az1234 wrote: »

Cool! Will check that out. Always thought they were locked in to MyClub mode, which I have no interest in.

Bit of a stupid question. I haven't played online since a beta test in 2011 (I think)
    In the matchmaking settings, Network Connection Restrictions, should I be going for Level 1 or Level 5? It's not clear in the menu. I have a pretty fast connection.

Bit of a stupid question. I haven't played online since a beta test in 2011 (I think)
    In the matchmaking settings, Network Connection Restrictions, should I be going for Level 1 or Level 5? It's not clear in the menu. I have a pretty fast connection.

Scratch that. Seems to be only available as a setting in Quick Match mode.
    Just played my first online friendly without that setting available. Great match against a lad who played a good game. No lag at all. I'm not one for online gaming really. Haven't played PES online in years. I prefer to see the whites of my opponents eyes, but I reckon I could get well in to PES online this year.
    I do wish you could set similar pass assistance level to matchmaking. You can in Quick Match.
    Can it be done when hosting your own lobby? Couldn't find an option there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent easy to use option file?

Pesuniverse member but whenever i download their file my ps4 doesn't recognise the USB

Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent easy to use option file?

Pesuniverse member but whenever i download their file my ps4 doesn't recognise the USB

Do you have them in a single folder called "WEPES" on the USB? Otherwise PES won't recognise anything on the USB. :)

I'll dig out one of my previous posts anyway that has all the details for another option file which I use myself just in case that's not the problem.

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'll dig out one of my previous posts anyway that has all the details for another option file which I use myself just in case that's not the problem.

Here it is:
    PES Gaming is the one I use. I've linked this to the 'Best of Everything' option file that they do somtimes. Someone collates all the individual option files on that site into one jumbo one.

The link for version 1.4 is on the seventh page of that thread (post 104).

The links are usually always put straight into the first post but I'm guessing they simply just forgot to add that one to it. :)

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Here it is:

:)

Legend thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I see yet again without fail the online lag is terrible. Seems like a good game, but my God 2 second lag in excusable in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I see yet again without fail the online lag is terrible. Seems like a good game, but my God 2 second lag in excusable in this day and age.

The game has one mode maybe two at the most. **** everything online its waste of time totally.

I don't really experience lag at all online

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Cienciano wrote: »
    I don't really experience lag at all online

Same here. PES 2017 and 2018 have been absolutely lag free for me

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Yep. No lag for me since PES 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

What settings do you use?

I had lag in a game against Wilberto. Other than that, lag free :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

What settings do you use?

I don't know if I ever changed any settings. Just depends on the connection with the guy you're playing. I do get the odd game, maybe one in twenty, where it's cut off due to poor lag but fine, otherwise.

Might be worth checking your ping rate from ps4.

• Advertisement

I was playing MyClub there and entered the Best of November Gold+ competition.

Got past the first two games anyway. 2-1 against Liverpool on professional, and 2-0 against Corinthians on Top Player.

Then.....AS Roma, Superstar. Having never tasted Superstar before on PES 2018, I just thought to myself, this is going to fun! :pac:

But then, Alban Lafont decides to have an absolute worldie of a match. 0-0 after extra time. Into penalties and manage to save three and win 3-2! Delighted!

I had to save the highlights though. Some of the saves are just pure class, especially the very last one!

Advertisement