Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Finished up my first season of Master League today (my first time ever since the PS2 days) and I just know the regens are gonna wreck my head, such a stupid thing for Konami to keep in the game they could at least at least just randomise the name and appearance or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Finished up my first season of Master League today (my first time ever since the PS2 days) and I just know the regens are gonna wreck my head, such a stupid thing for Konami to keep in the game they could at least at least just randomise the name and appearance or something.

No way. I love the fact the real players come back around. Building a dream team at one of the smaller clubs from those players is what Master League is all about.

Playing with randoms would be boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Wilberto wrote: »
    I was playing MyClub there and entered the Best of November Gold+ competition.

Got past the first two games anyway. 2-1 against Liverpool on professional, and 2-0 against Corinthians on Top Player.

Then.....AS Roma, Superstar. Having never tasted Superstar before on PES 2018, I just thought to myself, this is going to fun! :pac:

But then, Alban Lafont decides to have an absolute worldie of a match. 0-0 after extra time. Into penalties and manage to save three and win 3-2! Delighted!

I had to save the highlights though. Some of the saves are just pure class, especially the very last one!

Unbelievable saves alright! You were rightly under the cosh :pac:

What rating is lafont now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Colemania wrote: »
    Unbelievable saves alright! You were rightly under the cosh :pac:

What rating is lafont now?

Yeah. Superstar is hard! :eek:

He's still 76, but also only at level 19 as well. He has only played four games for me in truth as I got Anthony Lopes of Lyon in one of those free special agents so I wanted to use up his games first before I converted him into a trainer to train Lafont.

He brought Lafont to level 16 then! :pac:

Also, I love Pellegri. He's only 61 rated now (level 27) but he's class! :D :pac:
    He's also winning the race to level 30 with Ryan Sessegnon just behind him on 25! He did kinda cheat though as I converted Danny Welbeck into a trainer to train him! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Playing a master a league on superstar and getting spanked , just can't score :(

Sacked at Xmas and took over Ipswich , not really enjoying it so may drop down a difficulty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Playing a master a league on superstar and getting spanked , just can't score :(

Sacked at Xmas and took over Ipswich , not really enjoying it so may drop down a difficulty

Yea im done , this is shoite

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Yea im done , this is shoite

Apparently, Konami made Superstar a lot harder this year as there were so many complaining about last years saying it was too easy!

Aherla Tigers

Exciting news coming out of Aherla tonight. The club has just announced the signing of Manuel Locatelli from AC Milan. #Boom :D

Two other recruits signed up at the weekend as well in Federico Chiesa from Fiorentina, and Richarlison of Watford.

I must be honest though, Richarlison was a fluke. I had been looking at him alright, and had added the two scouts needed to my wish list. When I was clearing out some of my scouts, though, (I usually just get one player from each of the scouts I don't want, and then just use that player as a trainer) I ended up just landing on him, which was a nice surprise.

Anyway, my starting eleven is now looking like this :

No. | Pos. | Player | Age | Current OVR | Current Level
    1. | GK | Alban Lafont | 18 | 77 | 23
    2. | RB | Trent Alexander Arnold | 19 | 69 | 22
    3. | LB | Ryan Sessegnon | 17 | 69 | 26
    4. | CB | Joris Gnagnon | 20 | 75 | 23
    5. | CB | Malang Sarr | 18 | 74 | 19
    6. | DM | Manuel Locatelli | 19 | 71 | 13
    7. | RM | Christian Pulisic | 19 | 75 | 21
    8. | CM | Youri Tielemans | 20 | 78 | 26
    9. | CF | Pietro Pellegri | 16 | 61 | 27
    10. | AM | Martin Odegaard | 19 | 73 | 23
    11. | LM | Riccardo Orsolini | 20 | 72 | 24

...and the bench looks like:

No. | Pos. | Player | Age | Current OVR | Current Level
    12. | RB | Achraf Hakimi | 19 | 67 | 20
    14. | CB | Dayot Upamecano | 19 | 73 | 22
    16. | DM | Timothy Fosu-Mensah | 19 | 69 | 23
    17. | RW | Jordi Mboula | 18 | 58 | 26
    18. | RM | Federico Chiesa | 20 | 66 | 1
    19. | CF | Richarlison | 20 | 64 | 15
    21. | LM | Jadon Sancho | 18 | 62 | 17

There wont be many updates left after this one now though. I need a backup AM alright to cover Odegaard so I went scouting and am looking to bring in 18 year old Brahim Diaz of City.

After that though, I think I'll just sit back and play really (whilst saving up for the 4 star rabona scout)!

Its been fun building this team though! :pac: :)

new Dundalk home kit for next season, link in description

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

new Dundalk home kit for next season, link in description

That looks spot on man. Good job!

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote: »
    That looks spot on man. Good job!

Cheers, got it as close as I could consider the only photo I could find of it was when they announced new signings the other day and it doesn't show off much of the jersey.

New Cork City home kit for next season, the kit isn't officially announced until friday but this is the one doing the rounds on Twitter so if the design is way off come friday ill try make it, hopefully it's not. The keeper kit is completely made up btw, i just liked the design so i made it.

Is there any easy way to get contract renewal tickets in myClub? I've about 4-5 players out of contract and like 4,000 GP so by the time I get the money to buy their contracts I'll probably have another 3-4 players out of contract then :(

Is there any easy way to get contract renewal tickets in myClub? I've about 4-5 players out of contract and like 4,000 GP so by the time I get the money to buy their contracts I'll probably have another 3-4 players out of contract then :(

That's the ****e you'll always be putting up with in myClub.

The best way is to have a cheap squad you can play against the cpu for those tournaments and farm some gp. Generally the first few games are against the cpu on lower levels so it's handy enough even with a fairly bad squad.

That's the ****e you'll always be putting up with in myClub.

The best way is to have a cheap squad you can play against the cpu for those tournaments and farm some gp. Generally the first few games are against the cpu on lower levels so it's handy enough even with a fairly bad squad.

Balls so, just after I posted that Mbappe and Carvajal's contracts ran out, I'm alright for forwards but my next RB is 65 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Jeez, must be a Maldini to still be playing at that age :p:p:pac::pac::pac:

Balls so, just after I posted that Mbappe and Carvajal's contracts ran out, I'm alright for forwards but my next RB is 65 :(

Set up a new squad with lower rated players and play the games against the cpu. That will get you a bit of gp to buy new contracts.

Stop playing with your 1st team squad while you are doing this though because someone will always be out of contract and you'll never save up enough.

Or just give up on myClub like me :D

Or just give up on myClub like me :D

Think I might, Christ this game mode is more head wrecking than Ultimate Team.

Think I might, Christ this game mode is more head wrecking than Ultimate Team.

Yeah honestly it's head wrecking and I was only playing it to get the legends. Once it was posted in the other thread that you could get them for offline without myClub I never looked back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Get stuck into Online Divisions!! It's unreal. Plus, it gives you somewhere to practice with your boards league team when you know who you've got :)

Yeah honestly it's head wrecking and I was only playing it to get the legends. Once it was posted in the other thread that you could get them for offline without myClub I never looked back.

I'm hoping they add some serious improvements in next year or else I won't be going anywhere near the game, I'd be back to FIFA and all if their gameplay wasn't so terrible :pac:

I need to give Divisions a try as well, if only to practice with the chosen Boards League team! I hate effectively giving teams a walkover though! :pac:

The only problem I have with Online Divisions is the time it takes to join a game, I can join a co-op game within 60 seconds but 1v1 games always take at least 2-3 minutes for me.

Edit: what does everyone here use for their matchmaking restrictions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Been playing MyClub on the PES light. It's not too bad but FUT is a much nicer UI. Shame about the servers though, game stops for a second when the other team gets possession.

For anyone interested, we're running Season 2 of the highly successful Boards PES League on PS4 in January and sign up for the new season has begun.

All newcomers welcome. We will be using 4 star teams it looks like and the sign up thread is here:

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057783107/57/#post105545979

How does this work?, Do we pick our teams ourself or is it random. Do we have to use mics as well cause I'm a bit of a anti social c*nt :pac:

How does this work?, Do we pick our teams ourself or is it random. Do we have to use mics as well cause I'm a bit of a anti social c*nt :pac:

The teams will be picked in the order of the list in the thread that Colemania linked above. The list itself is actually ordered from worst to best (as decided by the inaugural season), followed by any new players in the order which they apply.

:)

And no, there's no mic's! :pac:

As Wilberto said, no mic's so don't worry about that.

Unfortunately because you'd be a newcomer, you'd get the last pick currently. Then depending on your performance in the league, you'd move up the list the following season, unless you win the whole thing that is!

Once it's your pick, you can choose unpicked team of your choice rated 4 stars or lower

• Advertisement

Ah I wouldn't mind which team I get I'll probably get bate anyway :pac: is it a knock out tournament or league?

Edit: never mind you already said it's a league, im not with it at all today :pac:

Advertisement