Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I should also point out that you can get a grand total of 2018 coins in total, but they're just split over different days. I'll try and dig out the list for you of what you get for just logging in each day during the giveaway period.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Wilberto wrote: »
    It's part of the special login bonus they're running for about 10 or so days. It started 2 days ago but you only missed out on a 4 star LB scout, and 3 X Tactical Training so you didn't miss much! :pac:

I got those as well, it's just the first time I've ever been sent coins in my inbox, thought it was a mistake :pac:

I didn't think it would be something Konami would do considering you've to pay for them usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

Still loving co-op. Finally made it to the top of Division 1 :)

Big news emerging from Aherla Tigers (Go Tigers!) this evening. Pep Guardiola has been sacked from his managerial position at the club.

Seriously though, when I was playing over the last week or so and I was playing absolutely terrible. I could barely win on regular even and that's just embarrassing. There was no tangible difference either between Regular, Professional, and Top Player so I didn't know what was going on, or or what causing me to play so badly.

I went on again to day and I just though, f*** it, I'll give my first manager, Sabatini, another go as he has a different formation to the high profile one that I had brought in. Played Belgium on professional in the international cup (having scraped past England yesterday on regular :rolleyes:), and I absolutely dominated them again. I mean, I only one 2-0 in the end, but that was largely down to a significant volume of missed excellent chances. Meanwhile, they didn't even have a shot.

Onwards to Argentina, and same thing again albeit not as dominant as it was on top player which is my level really. Superstar is probably too difficult for me in truth. Ended up winning 2-1, with them only scoring a last minute consolation.

So yeah, "Pep Guardiola, you are soooo sacked!"

I think it may have something to do with Guardiola not having a number 10/attacking midfield role in his MyClub formation. As soon as I brought Sabatini back in, I put Martin Odegaard as the No. 10, and he had a stormer against Belgium, including this beaut from outside the box for his second (and I never score from outside the box (there's an innuendo there, somewhere!))

Side Note : As you can see, I finally uploaded my own kit and crest so we don't have to borrow them off Cork City any more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Nice goal man.

How did you upload it if you don’t mind me asking ?

Nice goal man.

How did you upload it if you don’t mind me asking ?

You can start recording PS clips by double tapping the "share" button on the controller. To stop it just double tap it again. You should be able to see it then in your "Capture Gallery" in the PS Menu. Just select it and press share again and you can upload it to Youtube. You'll need to sign into your youtube account though if you haven't done so already. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Cool, I'm gonna create a YouTube account just for that. Scored a quality goal last night and didn't save it.

Welcome to Aherla! #GoTigers :pac:

DeleAlliTottenhamHotspurvLiverpoolPremierylDYQ1NOM6Pl.jpg?resize=600%2C376&ssl=1

Aherla Tigers

Okay, so this will be the actual last update. Not like that fake last update I posted a few weeks back.

:pac:

First Team

No. | Pos. | Player | Age | Current OVR | Current Level
    1. | GK | Alban Lafont | 18 | 78 | 27
    2. | RB | Trent Alexander Arnold | 19 | 70 | 26
    3. | LB | Ryan Sessegnon | 17 | 70 | 29
    4. | CB | Joris Gnagnon | 20 | 76 | 26
    5. | CB | Malang Sarr | 18 | 75 | 24
    6. | DM | Renato Sanches | 20 | 77 | 19
    7. | RM | Christian Pulisic | 19 | 77 | 25
    8. | CM | Youri Tielemans | 20 | 78 | 28
    9. | CF | Kylian Mbappé | 19 | 79 | 18
    10. | AM | Dele Alli | 21 | 75 | 1
    11. | LM | Marcus Rashford | 20 | 77 | 21

...and the bench looks like:

No. | Pos. | Player | Age | Current OVR | Current Level
    12. | RB | Achraf Hakimi | 19 | 69 | 26
    13. | LB | Aarón Martín | 20 | 72 | 17
    14. | CB | Dayot Upamecano | 19 | 74 | 29
    18. | CM | Tom Davies | 19 | 68 | 1
    20. | AM | Martin Odegaard | 19 | 74 | 28
    17. | RW | Riccardo Orsolini | 20 | 72 | 27
    19. | CF | Moise Kean | 17 | 72 | 27

Sad to see Martin Odegaard drop to the bench.

Reserve Team looks good now too though:

Pos. | Player | Age | Current OVR | Current Level
    GK | Gianluigi Donnarima | 18 | 79 | 20
    RB | Bernardo* | 22 | 66 | 1
    LB | Joe Gomez | 20 | 69 | 10
    CB | Dan-Axel Zagadou | 18 | 68 | 13
    CB | Presnel Kimpembe* | 22 | 75 | 16
    DM | Timthy Fosu-Mensah | 19 | 69 | 26
    RM | Federico Chiesa | 20 | 73 | 27
    CM | Manuel Locatelli | 19 | 75 | 26
    CF | Pietro Pellegri | 16 | 61 | 29
    AM | Carles Alena | 19 | 67 | 12
    LM | Jadon Sancho | 18 | 65 | 28

Bench :

Pos. | Player | Age | Current OVR | Current Level
    RB | M. Rasmussen** | 18 | 58 | 15
    CM | J. Cotrina** | 20 | 54 | 1
    AM | T. Marijnissen** | 19 | 54 | 1
    AM | Brahim Diaz | 18 | 60 | 16
    LW | M. Sylla** | 18 | 57 | 1
    RW | Jordi Mboula | 18 | 58 | 27
    CF | Andrade Richarlison | 20 | 66 | 22

* Players that I got "for free" that I know and like.
    ** Players that I got "for free" that I know nothing about, but they're young so I kept them! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Great to see Leeds United taking inspiration from PES 2 for their new crest...

leeds-united-badge.jpg

Edit: Yep.

220px-Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

As a Leeds fan i'm absolutely disgusted with this monstrosity , has to be changed

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭BurnUp78

So after abandoning PES months ago i Decided to begin another master league on Top Player after finding superstar way too difficult with manual controls. I concede a lot still but i generally outscore most opponents and i genuinely find it fun to play even if its slightly too easy. Still have a few complaints most notably the lack of fouls from AI, especially penalties. Ive received only one penalty in one and a half seasons and only about 10 free kicks altogether. Wish they would change this with a patch but probably wishful thinking at this stage!

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    So after abandoning PES months ago i Decided to begin another master league on Top Player after finding superstar way too difficult with manual controls. I concede a lot still but i generally outscore most opponents and i genuinely find it fun to play even if its slightly too easy. Still have a few complaints most notably the lack of fouls from AI, especially penalties. Ive received only one penalty in one and a half seasons and only about 10 free kicks altogether. Wish they would change this with a patch but probably wishful thinking at this stage!

They had changed it though someway through this season. I know, at the start, the AI didn't commit many fouls, but since the first main update they've been giving away significantly more. Possibly even too much as some of the fouls are just ridiculous! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Lovelyguy

Hi - Any not want their 3 Match Attax cards that came with the game?

Wow I'm finding online seasons much more challenging than on FIFA. On Fifa I'd go from division 10 to division 3 within a few days whereas im in division 9 now on PES and finding almost every opponent equally tough.
    Been playing Man City a lot, are they regarded as the best team online this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I played someone last night who was on full manual pass mode. He'd a five star team and was about 300 rankings ahead of me. I had a three star team.

I managed to win 3-2 but I have the feeling that if he was on automatic passing he would have torn me apart.

Is there much satisfaction from full manual passing? I've tried it a handful of times over the years and could never have envisioned persisting with it.

Nokotan wrote: »
    I played someone last night who was on full manual pass mode. He'd a five star team and was about 300 rankings ahead of me. I had a three star team.

I managed to win 3-2 but I have the feeling that if he was on automatic passing he would have torn me apart.

Is there much satisfaction from full manual passing? I've tried it a handful of times over the years and could never have envisioned persisting with it.

Ive never dared trying it online as i fear id be thoroughly spanked, but for Master League i love playing full manual - its just so much more of a challenge and rewarding than the ping pong automatic passing and shooting. I might give it a go online later and see how i fare!

Nokotan wrote:

I use full manual all the time for our own Boards league. It can be frustrating alright at times but if you make a mistake, it's you that make the mistake. And conversely, if you score from a good passage of play, it's all you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Sounds like it would be very satisfying, in fairness. Isn't there a setting when searching for a game in Online Divisions that you can play someone with similar settings to you? So you could ask to just play guys who also use manual passing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Sounds like it would be very satisfying, in fairness. Isn't there a setting when searching for a game in Online Divisions that you can play someone with similar settings to you? So you could ask to just play guys who also use manual passing?

I've a feeling you could be waiting a long time for games sometimes though. I'd guess 90-95% of all user aren't on manual and there isn't a unbelievably huge player base for PES anyway

Wow I'm finding online seasons much more challenging than on FIFA. On Fifa I'd go from division 10 to division 3 within a few days whereas im in division 9 now on PES and finding almost every opponent equally tough.
    Been playing Man City a lot, are they regarded as the best team online this year?

I find PSG and Real Madrid to be the most common teams online. I almost never pick them myself. I use Dortmund a lot, but that'll probably change when aubameyang goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

Is there a way to play someone you know in a Co-op match?

i.e. if myself and a mate want to play another 2 people we know specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Won division 1 a good few times in FIFA. Never even seen division 2 in Pro Evo seasons :pac:

Got Robben in a 100% black ball special scout yesterday. But his stats are just at 80. Shafted

Cienciano wrote:
    Got Robben in a 100% black ball special scout yesterday. But his stats are just at 80. Shafted

Level 1?

Wilberto wrote: »
    Level 1?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Cienciano wrote: »

Is that an old agent? How did you get a 100% black ball?

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Is that an old agent? How did you get a 100% black ball?

It was a an online competition. One match was a "final", you just had to win that. Guy I played had an unbelievable team, messi, kroos, maradona, ramos etc but lucky for me he was rubbish.

Advertisement