Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Anyone notice that Matchmaking is so much quicker over the last couple of days? It used to take 2/3 minutes now it seems to only be under 10 seconds most of the time!

They're really making an effort to improve upon their online performance now, which is great to see and much needed.
    This beta appears to have been a success all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Nailz wrote: »
    Anyone notice that Matchmaking is so much quicker over the last couple of days? It used to take 2/3 minutes now it seems to only be under 10 seconds most of the time!

They're really making an effort to improve upon their online performance now, which is great to see and much needed.
    This beta appears to have been a success all round!

First few days was horrible for lag on 3v3 and 1v1s were perfect. Only started playing it again the other day and 3v3 was lag free. I agree, they're really making a conscious effort to fix the servers. That's 1 main reason one of the lads I know plays fifa over PES, online connection quality. I never experienced lag in PES 2017 but I believe a lot of other people did.

I hope they don't change too much with gameplay because it's so good. Apparently this is just an early build though

callaway92 wrote: »
    An annoying thing I find (same as last year), when a player on your team is on a yellow card, there's nothing (bar at the bottom of the screen s tiny yellow card) to make it obvious he's booked. The symbol above their head being yellow would be preferable. I've made a few challenges that I wouldn't have done if I knew I was on a booking.

Also, a signal on the screen for advantage play would be nice other than just the ref signalling.

Noticed that too but funny that your mentioned it there because I was playing 3v3 just there and pogba had been booked and there was a yellow card over his indicator. Never saw that before!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

breeno wrote: »
    There is a beta on Xbox One. I've been playing it a bit.

My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I cant play 2017 anymore. :(
    This is going to brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I cant play 2017 anymore. :(
    This is going to brilliant.

It's horrible to play 17 now.

Thankfully Just Cause 3 is free on plus next month, so that should take up much of my gaming time over the next few weeks while I wait patiently for 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

loving the 3x3 online.. had some great games with team mates that wanted to play properly... which means passing to players in a better position and playing as a team, scored some lovely team goals... hopefully the full version can have 3x3 online which is just not one off games, love the team play.....

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    loving the 3x3 online.. had some great games with team mates that wanted to play properly... which means passing to players in a better position and playing as a team, scored some lovely team goals... hopefully the full version can have 3x3 online which is just not one off games, love the team play.....

You can set up a clan with your friends in the full game but I don't know if there's divisions or just one off games.

Colemania wrote: »
    You can set up a clan with your friends in the full game but I don't know if there's divisions or just one off games.

would be great if there is divisions, we could set up a few Boards clans...

I'd definitely be up for a boards clan

• Advertisement

I'd definitely be up for a boards clan

yep....for sure....... loved the 3x3, when played properly its the best mode of the online game for me.......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'd be up for boards clan too

Online co-op in footie is good fun when done properly

Count me in also!

I'm refusing to play PES 2017 anymore now, it was a fantastic sports game and it gave me hours upon hours of joy; I don't want to ruin that memory by playing it after experiencing the PES 2018 beta. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Stupid question here but how are ye downloading this lads? on the PSN page but there doesn't seem to be a download button...

Stupid question here but how are ye downloading this lads? on the PSN page but there doesn't seem to be a download button...

Beta is over now. You'll have to wait 3/4 weeks for the demo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

A few years away from Pro evo but does Pro Evo has its own version/form of Ultimate team?

Just anything where you build a team to play online?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    A few years away from Pro evo but does Pro Evo has its own version/form of Ultimate team?

Just anything where you build a team to play online?

Yeah it's called myClub. Plenty of videos of it up on YouTube id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Anyone else preordered yet? Got it from the game collection, €45! Smyths and GameStop looking for €65+!

Anyone else preordered yet? Got it from the game collection, €45! Smyths and GameStop looking for €65+!

Can the legendary edition only be got in game in the UK? I can't see it here at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

No idea, went with the cheapest I found, which was the premium edition. No interest in any extras.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It's truly amazing as to how they're still around! :eek:

Robbing b@$t@rd$!! :mad::mad:

Wilberto wrote: »
    It's truly amazing as to how they're still around! :eek:

Robbing b@$t@rd$!! :mad::mad:
    Just wait until FIFA comes out... guarantee that will be €75, as it was last year!

How they have the audacity to charge €75 every year for iterative sports title with only minor incremental changes and an updated roster from the year before is truly astonishing.

Edit: PES is €70... holy fuck!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I also just saw the cover of it on The Game Collection. I presume that will be changing fairly quickly!! :pac: :pac:

I'll also probably be going with the game collection too though. €45 for that game seems like a bargain nowadays, plus they'll apparently refund the difference should they drop the price (not that it will drop! :pac:)

I got the barca edition on the PS store for 70 euro, purely because I could buy it using buygamecredit.com to convert unused phone credit to PS credit. Haven't bought a game in years because of it. Well I only buy about 3 games a year and one of them is PES :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I also just saw the cover of it on The Game Collection. I presume that will be changing fairly quickly!! :pac: :pac:

I'll also probably be going with the game collection too though. €45 for that game seems like a bargain nowadays, plus they'll apparently refund the difference should they drop the price (not that it will drop! :pac:)

Worth keeping an eye out for their random 10% off preorder codes as well too which pop. Up every couple of months. Nice few quid off the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Where is cheapest digital copy?

Worth keeping an eye out for their random 10% off preorder codes as well too which pop. Up every couple of months. Nice few quid off the game.

Yeah, went looking for them and all but couldn't find any current ones for August. I'm assuming that's probably deliberate though as with FIFA and PES, August/September are probably their most profitable months.
    Colemania wrote: »
    I got the barca edition on the PS store for 70 euro, purely because I could buy it using buygamecredit.com to convert unused phone credit to PS credit. Haven't bought a game in years because of it. Well I only buy about 3 games a year and one of them is PES :)

Hmmmm....I did not know you could do this. This could be my new preferred way of paying for games. With the topup offers and such I rarely actually spend credit despite having to top up every month.

Hmmmm....I did not know you could do this. This could be my new preferred way of paying for games. With the topup offers and such I rarely actually spend credit despite having to top up every month.

Ah bollox to that anyway. It seems to be just Xbox games for the moment! Ah well!

I'll have to keep an eye on that in future though. :):)

Hmv game credit lets you buy psn cards and Xbox for phone credit. I'm not sure which phone carriers offer it but I'm with 3 and have been using it for a couple of years now

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Ah bollox to that anyway. It seems to be just Xbox games for the moment! Ah well!

I'll have to keep an eye on that in future though. :):)

Its not buddy, I use the same format on PS https://www.buygamecredit.com/IE/Product?category=PS%2CGIFTCARD

Advertisement