Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

If anyone is looking for the legends for Master League, they're available on PES Gaming (post #88):
    http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=102722&page=6

They even have some legends that aren't released yet like Maldini, Del Piero and Nedved!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Got Cruyff in my third spin. It spun for a bit and then only showed black balls when I pressed X.

Not been playing much of late and this is a nice little bonus, it'll be fun to see what he's like. Never had Maradona or any of the other legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Nokotan wrote: »
    Got Cruyff in my third spin. It spun for a bit and then only showed black balls when I pressed X.

Not been playing much of late and this is a nice little bonus, it'll be fun to see what he's like. Never had Maradona or any of the other legends.

Had a bit of a play around with him offline. Liked him a lot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I was looking at my saved clips there and found this one when I was playing a few local games with the brother. He was one goal up and this happens with virtually the last kick of the game!

What a goal!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Played game earlier and needing to win this last game to get promoted :P

3-0 down at HT. 5-2 down after 82 mins
    I win 6-5 :D

I missed the 1st 2 goals but got the rest on the video.
    It's worth watching especially the ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

That 3rd was nice. He deserves it, ****ing around with the keeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Just got this in the PlayStation sale. I see they've Jim Beglin as miserable as ever, some of his commentary is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Is anyone else having problems with the game since the last update. My Club keeps freezing or screen goes black and boots me back to the Xbox home screen every time I try to log into it. It's only started to happen the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Just got this in the PlayStation sale. I see they've Jim Beglin as miserable as ever, some of his commentary is hilarious.
    "That was a high class save to back up his high class wage."

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

My keeper pulled off some save from behind himself in my Master League yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw this was on sale. How is it this year? Only really interested in Master League since Fifa has wore me out on online football.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Doing a few spins early on myClub for my nephew, didn't get anyone good and then I hands him the controller to do the last spin and he gets Nedved :o he comes down to me about 2 hours later telling me he's gone from his squad, saying he sent him to training and never came back :pac: :pac:

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Doing a few spins early on myClub for my nephew, didn't get anyone good and then I hands him the controller to do the last spin and he gets Nedved :o he comes down to me about 2 hours later telling me he's gone from his squad, saying he sent him to training and never came back :pac: :pac:

That hurts to read. I did 3 spins a couple of days ago and got fúck all. I think the most annoying part of myclub is the manager and not being able to change formations. What's the story with that? Am I doing something wrong, or am I stuck with 4-3-3 and can't even make a CM move forward to a AM position unless I change manager?

Cienciano wrote: »
    That hurts to read. I did 3 spins a couple of days ago and got fúck all. I think the most annoying part of myclub is the manager and not being able to change formations. What's the story with that? Am I doing something wrong, or am I stuck with 4-3-3 and can't even make a CM move forward to a AM position unless I change manager?

I think you might be able to have different tactics for your defensive and attacking options, I'm not 100% sure but you might able to assign different managers to the "sub-tactics".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The idea behind it is that every manager in real life has his preferred tactics and formation. Basically, you need to sign a manager the basis of what formation he uses as the only way to change formation is to hire a new manager! :)

Are people still playing regularly? Just wondering what divisions people are in with their myclub team or just normal online divisions?

I think it's my internet connection, but I've definitely noticed more lag recently. Not the normal lag where the game freezes for a few seconds, just input lag, players taking an extra touch type stuff. Enough to make it almost impossible to win.

Are people still playing regularly? Just wondering what divisions people are in with their myclub team or just normal online divisions?

I think it's my internet connection, but I've definitely noticed more lag recently. Not the normal lag where the game freezes for a few seconds, just input lag, players taking an extra touch type stuff. Enough to make it almost impossible to win.

I play a couple of times a week but I'm utterly horrendous so takes away some of the fun.

Nokotan wrote: »
    I play a couple of times a week but I'm utterly horrendous so takes away some of the fun.

Just do what I do, blame lag every time you lose :pac:

Just do what I do, blame lag every time you lose :pac:

I find defending incredibly hard. People run at me and skip by me whereas they can easily tackle me and are so good at interceptions.

I feel like there's a hidden button I'm not aware of.

Cienciano wrote:
    Just do what I do, blame lag every time you lose

:pac:
    Nokotan wrote:
    I find defending incredibly hard. People run at me and skip by me whereas they can easily tackle me and are so good at interceptions.

I'm the same as well. I just try and stand off players now with the hope that they'll be reduced to long shots that my keeper should be comfortable with.

• Advertisement

Hold square to apply pressure and use your other player to get into a position to intercept the pass. Far be it from me to give playing advice, but it can work well. It can depend on the person you're playing.
    The stand off method wilberto uses works well too, I use that a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Konami to end partnership with UEFA

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/administration/marketing/news/newsid=2551744.html
    UEFA.com wrote:
    A ten year sponsorship partnership between Konami and UEFA will come to an end following the UEFA Champions League final in Kyiv.

The 2018 UEFA Champions League final in Kyiv will mark the end of a very successful and fruitful 10-year partnership between Konami and the UEFA Champions League.
    The UEFA Champions League offered the perfect media and activation platform for Konami and has been a key feature within its world-renowned Pro Evolution Soccer video game.

Commenting on the end of this long-standing partnership, Guy-Laurent Epstein, marketing director of UEFA Events SA, said: "Konami has been a strong licensing partner for the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, with our competition brand being heavily featured within the video game and as part of the popular Konami-organised UEFA Champions League e-sports tournaments’.

"It has been a very cooperative and mutually beneficial partnership. UEFA would like to thank Konami for its tremendous commitment and support to UEFA club competitions for the last decade and we look forward to continuing to work with Konami in the sphere of UEFA national team football."

Jonas Lygaard, senior director of brand & business development for Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. said: "The UEFA Champions League licence has given us a platform to create unique experiences and provide football fans from all over the world with an opportunity to enjoy this competition first-hand.

"This year, however, we will shift our focus into other areas. We will continue to explore alternative ways UEFA and Konami can continue to work together, as our relationship remains strong."

Even though there are people who already appreciate PES for what it is - and don't hold licensing to much importance - this can only hurt PES more, and drive an even bigger wedge into the accessibility of the series (as if it wasn't already big enough for a certain demographic of FIFA orientated fans).

Regardless of how much the gameplay improves, or how much better it is when compared the competition's, PES' presentation has been appalling for years; the more it stagnates, the worse it actually looks as the rest of the industry advances.
    What PES didn't need was further regression in it's presentation and look in terms of aesthetic authenticity, and this is exactly that.

As a fan of the series I don't like to give such things weight, but because of it I can only see the game having less appeal among the moderate fans who'd be on the fence about what game they play, which may make the game less marketable as a product...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Nailz wrote: »

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/administration/marketing/news/newsid=2551744.html

Even though there are people who already appreciate PES for what it is - and don't hold licensing to much importance - this can only hurt PES more, and drive an even bigger wedge into the accessibility of the series (as if it wasn't already big enough for a certain demographic of FIFA orientated fans).

Regardless of how much the gameplay improves, or how much better it is when compared the competition's, PES' presentation has been appalling for years; the more it stagnates, the worse it actually looks as the rest of the industry advances.
    What PES didn't need was further regression in it's presentation and look in terms of aesthetic authenticity, and this is exactly that.

As a fan of the series I don't like to give such things weight, but because of it I can only see the game having less appeal among the moderate fans who'd be on the fence about what game they play, which may make the game less marketable as a product...

The most worrying thing imo is that there is likely a massive generational gap in people who play PES vs. people who play FIFA. I remember the glory days of PES 5/6, nearly everyone thought PES had the edge over FIFA. People too young to remember this likely have no interest in playing PES - FIFA is all they know.

Also, a series of poor iterations after PES 2012 and the game's popularity really seems to have stagnated, all of my friends who play football games have migrated to FIFA in recent years and have no interest in going back to it. PES is once again on top when considering gameplay imo but no one seems to care. Worrying times as a PES fan, and I have little faith in Konami having a trick up their sleeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Nailz wrote: »

Fűck. I feared this. I've even been googling it of late as I was aware the Champions League/Europa League exclusive license was running out this year and up for renewal.
    There'll be a non licensed tournament work around no doubt, but I play mainly offline with mates doing playing Champions Leagues, so this is sad, but not unexpected news for me.
    I think, if I'm not mistaken, that the Camp Nou exclusive expires this year as well. Hopefully this doesn't go too.

As long as they keep hold of their superb edit mode it'll be fine.

PES will always have their cult following as well.

"There will be sacrifices we need to make for the greater good, but all of which will make sense once the game is announced. It’s an extremely exciting time.”

A quote from Adam Bhatti from an interview last December or so. I must admit it set alarm bells ringing. Hopefully they can re-invest the money in other licensing, but it feels like a hammer blow from the FIFA behemoth at the moment.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Adam_Bhatti/status/986732917169647616

He just posted up this. He's a lovely bloke. I had good dealings with him when he ran Winningelevenblog, and he's being doing a great job since he started working for PES. He's prone to a bit of bluster :D
    Hopefully it'll be all good, we'll see.

Did 2 spins yesterday, ngolo kante and naby keita, not bad! After a mountain of silver shíte. One of them was a black ball too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Wilberto wrote: »
    The idea behind it is that every manager in real life has his preferred tactics and formation. Basically, you need to sign a manager the basis of what formation he uses as the only way to change formation is to hire a new manager! :)

Yeah pretty much. It's a load ****e IMHO. I think it's pretty much there to stop users using crazy custom formations with only 1 midfielder and the rest defenders and strikers and the likes..... And hopefully get people to spend money to buy a manager that might suit their style better as they release different managers all the time.

It's so frustrating when you look at the managers and there's always 1 or 2 things in their tactics you'd want to change but can't.

Anyway as for moving the midfielder into an attacking midfielder role if the manager's default tactics have a cm behind the halfway line then that midfielder can only be a cm or dm. Ahead of the halfway line and it can only be a cm or am.

• Advertisement

Yeah pretty much. It's a load ****e IMHO. I think it's pretty much there to stop users using crazy custom formations with only 1 midfielder and the rest defenders and strikers and the likes..... And hopefully get people to spend money to buy a manager that might suit their style better as they release different managers all the time.

It's so frustrating when you look at the managers and there's always 1 or 2 things in their tactics you'd want to change but can't.

Anyway as for moving the midfielder into an attacking midfielder role if the manager's default tactics have a cm behind the halfway line then that midfielder can only be a cm or dm. Ahead of the halfway line and it can only be a cm or am.

The problem is you need coins to get a manager. Its fùcking ridiculous that you can't move a winger further into the middle past an imaginary line because of your manager

Advertisement