Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Cienciano wrote: »
    The problem is you need coins to get a manager. Its fùcking ridiculous that you can't move a winger further into the middle past an imaginary line because of your manager

I try my best to hoard coins. I still have the bulk of the 2018 bonus that they paid out. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Data Pack 4 coming this Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Data Pack 4 coming this Thursday

What's the story with no Craven Cottage in the game yet? Thought they have a deal with Fulham? Same with lack of Arsenal legends, what gives there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Maybe they'll use the money they save to fix the ****ing online for once. 2 second lag between presses, great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

For anyone that plays myclub, or even if you don't really play it, you get a free legend today. Guaranteed 1 of either Romario, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho, Beckham, Maradona, Figo or Cruyff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Legends for offline. You'll need to unzip the file, 7zip, peaZip or similar to extract the files.

Put the two files in a folder called WEPES on a usb and go to import team in edit mode. Select the two files and go to the next section and check overwrite player data and images checkboxes.

The classic teams will now have all the legends available in MyClub available for offline (Master league etc..)

Credit to Junior Mantis.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/officialpes/status/993212558533382144?s=19

Haven't bothered with PES & FIFA this year. Big year for PES & I hope they sort out more licenses like a previous leak suggested.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/pes-2019-leak-reveals-release-date-licenses-report-3464985

Licenses are fine. But id rather they put the resources in to giving the community more ability to customize the game. They'll never have the licenses to compete with Fifa but if they give the fans the tools it won't matter.

First on the list is a return and much better stadium editor needs to be sorted. Playing in the same stadium over and over is boring.

I'd like to see them add more tactics as well. The more styles available to the user the better.

I also want to see the player traits sorted out. For example someone like Ozil has the creative playmaker trait but that can only be activated by playing him either on the wing or as an SS. That should be available in AM as well. You know where Ozil is rated at his best.

Lastly I'd like to see them get more legends in the game. I just really like playing Master league with Legends :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Been playing fair bit of my club lately really enjoying it mostly.

I felt earlier in the year I couldn't play at all and It wasn't my ability it was simply the fact my team where all over place and I felt everything I tried to do just wouldn't happen.

I've built up team lot more feel lot more comfortable now the game play at times is clearly not the same as single player but it's better!

It still can get annoying having to play games against Ronaldinho Messi Ronaldo etc constantly though.

They need to re design the menu system. In 2018 waiting over two minutes to load an options page is a complete joke.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Maybe they'll use the money they save to fix the ****ing online for once. 2 second lag between presses, great job.
    They need to re design the menu system. In 2018 waiting over two minutes to load an options page is a complete joke.

Sounds like you need to get better broadband.

It's nowhere near that bad for me, and my own broadband is fairly poor as is. :pac:

No I don't. Literally every other game apart from PES is fine and I've bought it last two years. You don't need broadband to go to the option menu. It should not take longer than loading a commodore 64 game.

Their net code is archaic too, it's why it's on sale for 15 euro. The game itself is great and I prefer it over FIFA but the simple things like accessing menus and searching for online matches make it a complete dud.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Agreed. PES still haven't cracked online and even with fast broadband it's ridiculous that it has to sync with servers just to ****in go between menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Menus are really slow. I go into myclub competitions, select com tournament by accident, it takes about 12 seconds to just get back out to the previous menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

New thread on PES2019 if anyone is interested with some confirmed new features and enhancements. Looks good and hopefully that money saved from the CL licences will go to good use!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057870228

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Paul Scholes and Beckham in the new black ball legend challenge this week. Would be hard to get no doubt. First time ive seen scholes as a legend player available. Cant say i need him but i do want him and would slot in to my team no doubt

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Paul Scholes and Beckham in the new black ball legend challenge this week. Would be hard to get no doubt. First time ive seen scholes as a legend player available. Cant say i need him but i do want him and would slot in to my team no doubt

I wouldn't mind either of them. I badly need a CM, just threw a load of special trainers at Kante and got him up to 85. Pissed a load on Dembele that I shouldn't have bothered with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Does anyone else here find it really hard to score goals in this game against COM? Every goal I score seems to be a fluke or a header. I've no real idea how to score goals besides spamming crosses into the box, it's like Tony Pulis style football.. find it pretty boring.. I remember being able to get in behind in PES 2017 but that feels impossible in this iteration..

Cienciano wrote:
    I wouldn't mind either of them. I badly need a CM, just threw a load of special trainers at Kante and got him up to 85. Pissed a load on Dembele that I shouldn't have bothered with

Ousmane Dembele? I actually like him! He's keeping Mbappe out of the first team at the moment. :pac: :pac:

I know Mbappe is really a striker but I use him on the left as I prefer Jesus and Rashford up there.

Does anyone else here find it really hard to score goals in this game against COM? Every goal I score seems to be a fluke or a header. I've no real idea how to score goals besides spamming crosses into the box, it's like Tony Pulis style football.. find it pretty boring.. I remember being able to get in behind in PES 2017 but that feels impossible in this iteration..

It's funny you should mention that about crosses because when I played the game first I was scoring from crosses left, right, and centre. But now I can't seem to score from them at all really! It was almost like they realised it was overpowered so they altered it in one of the earlier patches.

Clearly it's just me though. :pac:

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    Ousmane Dembele? I actually like him! He's keeping Mbappe out of the first team at the moment. :pac: :pac:

I know Mbappe is really a striker but I use him on the left as I prefer Jesus and Rashford up there.

Yeah, Ousmane Dembele. I have Neymar and Coutinho for the left wing position so I can't be bothered building up another player for that position. It's annoying when you get so many good players for the same positions but you have big gaps in other places.
    My front 3 is Neymar, Cavani and Figo. Reserve is Coutinho, Reidler or Zlatan and Robben. But CM's are weak enough.
    Same in defence, great CB's (Pique, Umtiti and Mustafi) but full backs aren't amazing. Mendy and Dani Alves. TBH, the team is fairly good, can't complain. I mean I fúcking hate Dani Alves IRL, half thinking of turning him into a trainer!

I don't have that problem anyway! :pac:

My highest rated players are ones like Asencio (sp?), Mbappe, Sané etc. Ha!!

Ah well!

Been doing everything to try get becks or Scholes.

Have less then 30 silver and gold balls left and bout 8 black left on the agent.

Taking me ****ing ages to get GP at this stage though because of contracts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

fast forwards, then L1+ triangle

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Spun Hazard last night

Said I’d have a few spins today - 1st spin was Scholes! Delighted with that - good fun to use. Back-to-back Black balls!

callaway92 wrote: »
    Spun Hazard last night

Said I’d have a few spins today - 1st spin was Scholes! Delighted with that - good fun to use. Back-to-back Black balls!

ya jammy git :pac:

Ended up with Sanchez Hazard DeGea Lukaku Ibra and Scholes.

Don't even wanna know how many spins I had to do ffs.

I've about 5 black balls left and less then 15 each gold and silver.

Black balls are overrated.

That sounded so worse than I imagined! :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Ended up with Sanchez Hazard DeGea Lukaku Ibra and Scholes.

Don't even wanna know how many spins I had to do ffs.

I've about 5 black balls left and less then 15 each gold and silver.

Thats a serious haul though, DeGea by far one of the best players in the game.

• Advertisement

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Thats a serious haul though, DeGea by far one of the best players in the game.

Trying get my team back in one piece as I've ton of players out of contract now as kept switching instead of renewing to use the gp on spins.

Then have to figure out who fits where!

Advertisement