Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

If anyone is buying from the games collection,are you getting the game sent to your house or to a parcel motel,an post address pal? I've never bought from TGC before and would love to get it on release day but was wondering what's the best place to get it sent too.
    I used the game collection and parcel motel for pes 2016. They didn't get it to parcel motel for release day and as such I ended up having to wait until Monday.

I've ordered other games from them before and it was usually alright for getting it on release day. Think I was just unlucky that year.

I just bought it digitally last year.

Edit: our release date will be the 14th as well. The 12th is the us release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

My bad,was half asleep while researching the thread. Thanks incognito man

My bad,was half asleep while researching the thread. Thanks incognito man

That might have come across as a bit bitchy. It wasn't meant to :D

Long and short of it is that ordering from Game collection is usually OK but you do run a risk of it not getting to you you on release day or even release weekend.

It's the cheapest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Played the demo.. so far , for me its the best in years, gameplay is so unpredictable compared to Fifa.. but online will be a deal breaker.. but will still buy it..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If anyone is buying from the games collection,are you getting the game sent to your house or to a parcel motel,an post address pal? I've never bought from TGC before and would love to get it on release day but was wondering what's the best place to get it sent too.

I've never missed a release day delivery with TheGameCollection and parcel motel. It's usually in there the night before. I've used two lockers over the last couple of years in Blackrock and Sandyford for maybe 5-10 purchases and never once had a problem.

On the other hand I ordered to my home address for Uncharted Lost Legacy (as I wasn't rushed) and it arrived two working days after release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I've never missed a release day delivery with TheGameCollection and parcel motel. It's usually in there the night before. I've used two lockers over the last couple of years in Blackrock and Sandyford for maybe 5-10 purchases and never once had a problem.

On the other hand I ordered to my home address for Uncharted Lost Legacy (as I wasn't rushed) and it arrived two working days after release.

Must be a Dublin thing. Ordered twice to limerick and didn't receive on release day. Just buying it digitally now using unused phone credit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Played the demo.
    Very impressed. The game play is fantastic.
    Some of the dribbling and off the ball is unreal to watch.
    New dead ball set up is tougher but when you get a free kick right it looks fantastic.

Will be buying for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Aye it's lovely.

What difficulty level ye playing at? I was winning relatively comfy with Liverpool v Dortmund on Top Player. Usually it takes a good while to get the beating of the computer on top player I thought!

Day One patch is planned following feedback.

Some bugs to be fixed and the easy one-on-one chip shot will be nerfed somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

does demo have online like the beta?

• Advertisement

does demo have online like the beta?

Nah offline only.

That might have come across as a bit bitchy. It wasn't meant to :D

Long and short of it is that ordering from Game collection is usually OK but you do run a risk of it not getting to you you on release day or even release weekend.

It's the cheapest though.

Its all good buddy, no need to apologise for anything :)

Just ordered from TGC, roll on September 14th

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Just played a few more games and the skill part of the game is super hard or am i doing something wrong :o
    I like the game though, although would probably wait till a price drop to grab it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

irishman86 wrote: »
    Just played a few more games and the skill part of the game is super hard or am i doing something wrong :o
    I like the game though, although would probably wait till a price drop to grab it

Yeah not a fan of the skill at all in PES, think it's something they could improve on a bit.

It's like €40 on TGC which is fairly cheap tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Anyone playing the 360 demo?
    Is it any good, or are yee all one xbox1?
    Just old 360 for me, so hope it's still worth it.
    If these gameplay improvements are true, I can't wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Very impressed with the demo on XB1

Gonna be the first PES I've bought in a long time!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Very impressed with the demo on XB1

Gonna be the first PES I've bought in a long time!

I think ill be in the same boat, just for something fresh

I actually don't find the demo that good. It's not bad but I had way more fun during the beta.

I hate the fact they always turn off editing formations in the demo especially when it was available in the beta.

Have the legendary edition ordered from Game anyway. Can't wait for it.

Find it far smoother and enjoyable than the beta, but I detest playing online, so that's probably just me :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Find it far smoother and enjoyable than the beta, but I detest playing online, so that's probably just me :pac:

Yeah, I don't like playing online either, but then again, that's just 'cause I'm shíte! :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

Did they take the new shielding system out of the demo? I remember using it a lot in the beta but haven't noticed it once I the few games I've played of the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Did they take the new shielding system out of the demo? I remember using it a lot in the beta but haven't noticed it once I the few games I've played of the demo.

I'll need to test that out definitively, but I think I remember it still being there.

One of my major issues with the game I have is that it's not hard enough, like the demo should be the time you play when the majority of your matches finish in losses or very tight draws, but I won my 2 match and have found it difficult not to hammer teams since. Even playing with Colo Colo on Superstar away to Barcelona I got a 1-1 draw, and was unlucky not to win!

I know Adam Bhatti said that we'd be able to unlock something along the lines of a new higher difficulty level, but to be honest I think that difficulty level should be available from the word go!

I'm not gonna quote your post cause I'm on mobile and it's a trek to cut it down.

But yeah, I feel like it's easier alright, played games with Liverpool and Barca and won 3-0 and 4-1, on the same difficulty I played '17, then again though I played with Boca and River Plate and drew 0-0 found it completely different.

Yep it has me worried too. Surely the finished article will address that.

What's the difference between the legendary edition and premium edition except for the price. Is there anything that's really worth the extra cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

Am also worried about how easy it is on the hardest level.

What's the difference between the legendary edition and premium edition except for the price. Is there anything that's really worth the extra cash?

Just myClub bonuses afaik

Standard Edition (Digital) :

zDAUfx5.png

FC Barcelona Edition (Digital) :

vnRjnyt.png

Premium Edition (Disk) :

eKnD0cb.png

Legendary Edition (Disk) :

7v6f4F1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Will there be many on here getting it and whats the preferred platform? I've PS4 and PC, was going to get it for PC for the modding side of it as no real interest in online, but if theres a decent group on here with it we could set up a league similar to what the FIFA lads have? I know it was mentioned here last year but think this year should see a further FIFA influx judging by the previews i've read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Will there be many on here getting it and whats the preferred platform? I've PS4 and PC, was going to get it for PC for the modding side of it as no real interest in online, but if theres a decent group on here with it we could set up a league similar to what the FIFA lads have? I know it was mentioned here last year but think this year should see a further FIFA influx judging by the previews i've read.

Getting it on ps4 and definitely enough of us here that are getting it on ps4 that we could set up a league

Advertisement