Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

Colemania wrote: »
    Getting it on ps4 and definitely enough of us here that are getting it on ps4 that we could set up a league

How does that work? Everyone online playing at specific times? Would be well on for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

tigger123 wrote: »
    How does that work? Everyone online playing at specific times? Would be well on for that!

Look in the FIFA league thread for an idea. Basically take names, distribute teams, the FIFA league uses the top european clubs but we could do something different. Then the league admin does out a fixture list for each week and all players have a week to complete their fixture with the home player responsible for posting the result in the thread and so on. It sounds more complicated than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Look in the FIFA league thread for an idea. Basically take names, distribute teams, the FIFA league uses the top european clubs but we could do something different. Then the league admin does out a fixture list for each week and all players have a week to complete their fixture with the home player responsible for posting the result in the thread and so on. It sounds more complicated than it is.

I'd be up for being admin! Ya we just use an online league generator which generates fixtures and a league table and then if I'm admin, I'll update results in the league and inform when fixtures are on. Dependant on numbers, we'll probably have 2-3 fixtures a week and everyone has to play each other twice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'd be up for being admin! Ya we just use an online league generator which generates fixtures and a league table and then if I'm admin, I'll update results in the league and inform when fixtures are on. Dependant on numbers, we'll probably have 2-3 fixtures a week and everyone has to play each other twice

Sounds good. You could do some weeks of teams at certain star levels or below. Break the monotony of everyone online picking Madrid.

Sounds good. You could do some weeks of teams at certain star levels or below. Break the monotony of everyone online picking Madrid.

Ya that'd be the plan. We'll have a vote for standard of teams or just nations vs just clubs and take it from there. If I was doing nations, I'd be inclined to bring it down to 4 stars or however the ratings go. Too unfair to have people with Brazil, France, Spain or Germany and other people are teams like Croatia or the mighty Georgia!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

There was talk of doing a clan for the 3v3 on here as well. I presume PS4 is the system most have for all that craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

For online leagues, would many be up for a random selection match league? Is it even an online mode?

I've set up a provisional thread here for a boards league on ps4 just to gauge interest.

Head over there and put your name down if interested.

Thanks

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057783107/1/#post104570333

For online leagues, would many be up for a random selection match league? Is it even an online mode?

Yes it's an online mode and I can't wait to play it! I think we'll start off with a standard league and take it from there. A boards league has never taken off for PES so there's no guarantees this one will but interest does seem to be growing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

What's the story with option files? Does playing online use the default teams even if you have an option file?

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    What's the story with option files? Does playing online use the default teams even if you have an option file?

Sorry man, this thread is just for league signup. Just trying to keep the general thread and league thread separate.

Anyway, to answer your question. Playing online will use the option file kits but not the squads. For example, Leipzig may not be in the game but you could get them with an option file. If you were to use Leipzig online, you'd get the default players that were overwritten by them

Edit: Thanks for moving this mods

Just over a week to go now (or less if Parcel Motel pull through for you!)

Some more info on the 6th difficulty level which has to be unlocked (Legendary)...

https://twitter.com/ItsDavidFish/status/905247943892115456

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Those COM stats do look promising alright, that level of difficulty is definitely what PES needs now from an offline perspective. It seems like most of us have perfected Superstar, I certainly don't find it at all hard in the demo anyway.

A weird one is that they say Legend difficulty enables teams to "adapt to how you're playing and exploit you", how does that differ from the 'Adaptive AI' concept that Konami were pushing in PES 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

"Teams apparently feel like they adapt to how you're playing and exploit you!"

This is a line that has been thrown out in every football game ever

Just a reminder for anyone that hasn't signed up for the boards PES league on PS4 yet, I've started a sign up thread here:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057783107/4/#post104604903

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

callaway92 wrote:
    This is a line that has been thrown out in every football game ever

Was just about to post this as well. :pac:

I remember it being in Pro Evo about 8 or so years ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

Delighted to see them up the difficulty.

Every year I find it loses its challenge around June/July and then I end up going online and playing Real Madrid 400 times in a row in order to get a good game.

tigger123 wrote: »
    Delighted to see them up the difficulty.

Every year I find it loses its challenge around June/July and then I end up going online and playing Real Madrid 400 times in a row in order to get a good game.

And every Madrid game consists spamming chipped through balls to Ronaldo all day long.

Hopefully they'll have better matchmaking options this year.

What editions are people getting? I reckon I'll download it from the PSN and get the standard one. Barca version is a tenner more, tbh I'd actually pay more to get the standard version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

What editions are people getting? I reckon I'll download it from the PSN and get the standard one. Barca version is a tenner more, tbh I'd actually pay more to get the standard version.

Standard version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

fvck Barca! Rotten pr!cks, would hate to in some way send money their way :pac:

There's a really cool BVB edition you can get from the Dortmund store. It's just the cover difference but it's much nicer. Unfortunately it's full price at €60.

On a side note, the 20 fastest players were revealed today;
    20. J. ASORO – 93 Top Speed
    19. O. KAYODE – 93 Top Speed
    18. D. YEDLIN – 93 Top Speed
    17. D. ACCAM – 93 Top Speed
    16. L. KLOSTERMANN – 93 Top Speed
    15. G. N’KOUDOU – 93 Top Speed
    14. WELLINGTON – 93 Top Speed
    13. A. MUSA – 93 Top Speed
    12. J. VARDY – 93 Top Speed
    11. S. MANÉ – 93 Top Speed
    10. MOHAMED SALAH – 93 Top Speed
    9. S. BECKER – 94 Top Speed
    8. ADAMA TRAORÉ – 94 Top Speed
    7. K. WALKER – 94 Top Speed
    6, T. WALCOTT – 94 Top Speed
    5. K. MBABU – 95 Top Speed
    4. BELLERÍN – 95 Top Speed
    3. L. SANÉ – 95 Top Speed
    2. G. BALE – 95 Top Speed
    1.P. AUBAMEYANG – 97 Top Speed

I'm getting the barca one, purely because I play myclub and there's so much bonuses for it

I'm getting the barca one, purely because I play myclub and there's so much bonuses for it

Yeah, worth it if you play that. I never do, so would rather avoid barca crap all over the menus. I'm not a Ronaldo fan, but I remember a few years ago having to look at the fúckers face on the main menu all the time, annoyed me way more than it should have

Yeah, worth it if you play that. I never do, so would rather avoid barca crap all over the menus. I'm not a Ronaldo fan, but I remember a few years ago having to look at the fúckers face on the main menu all the time, annoyed me way more than it should have

Ha I don't think it'll be plastered all over the place. It's just barca edition really because you get a lot of barca agents on myclub and obviously the physical version would have a barca cover but this is the digital one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Is it still possible to edit the teams like back in the day to give them proper jerseys and the players to have real faces ???

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Yep, some sites online will have an option file ready to download probably on day one. It'll have all kits etc done, normally.

Looks like the random selection match will just be offline for the moment..... Looking into getting it online but they said that about coop last year and it never happened. Disappointing to hear before the game is even released.

They really need to stop announcing features that haven't been tried and tested. It's gonna seriously pi*s people off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Actually cancelled my pre-order after an extensive session on the demo last night.

Might pick it up later, but had some concerns after a thorough play on superstar.

The goalies seem majorly messed up. The computer also seems to cheat a bit on superstar rather than actually play better. It's too heavily balanced towards attacking.

All this may change and I may pick it up later, but gonna wait for the final version and possible endless updates.

It's weird, all these flaws only became apparent in superstar mode. It wasn't like I was getting trashed either. Mostly draws or wins. Just felt...off.

• Advertisement

Actually cancelled my pre-order after an extensive session on the demo last night.

Might pick it up later, but had some concerns after a thorough play on superstar.

The goalies seem majorly messed up. The computer also seems to cheat a bit on superstar rather than actually play better. It's too heavily balanced towards attacking.

All this may change and I may pick it up later, but gonna wait for the final version and possible endless updates.

It's weird, all these flaws only became apparent in superstar mode. It wasn't like I was getting trashed either. Mostly draws or wins. Just felt...off.

There's a pretty big day one patch coming based on demo feedback.

Advertisement