Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSO overflow car park in Mahon

Options
  • 18-05-2017 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the CSO overflow car park in Mahon can be used by anyone or if you need a badge/sticker displayed.
    I'm working in the area for a few days - was wondering if its ok to leave the car there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Parking is at a premium around there, id say they have a sticker system in place to stop what you're proposing.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

You could just park in Mahon Point car park hassle free and walk towards where youre working.

I'm not sure how the CSO overflow works but you'd be taking a chance going in there, IMO.

What area of Mahon are you working in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

GavRedKing wrote: »
    You could just park in Mahon Point car park hassle free and walk towards where youre working.

That pleasure costs €100 plus €5 card payment per day. They DO actively clamp cars...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

grogi wrote: »
    That pleasure costs €100 plus €5 card payment per day. They DO actively clamp cars...

I worked in Tesco for nearly 5 years and didnt once see a car clamped unless it was in a disabled spot thats despite the warnings in the Tesco car park about staying longer than 3 hours at a time, which does happen.

If I had no other option like the OP does, I'd park in the MP overflow and walk to work and take my chances. Theres also a plenty of housing estates in the area without double yellow lines but I wouldnt be to keen on clogging them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DMGACC

If you talking about the car park on south side of cso groumds it is a sticker system but there plenty space there at moment so not sure if they actively enforcing it. Also when they do enforce they just put a sticker on your car saying not to park there again so I'd say it worth the chence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭thejuggler

DMGACC wrote: »
    If you talking about the car park on south side of cso groumds it is a sticker system but there plenty space there at moment so not sure if they actively enforcing it. Also when they do enforce they just put a sticker on your car saying not to park there again so I'd say it worth the chence.

Yes that's where i mean. Working in Mater Private so its convenient

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

thejuggler wrote: »
    Yes that's where i mean. Working in Mater Private so its convenient

If you're working for Mater then they should be able to give you a Citygate sticker to put on your car. It's actually a Citygate overflow as opposed to a CSO overflow.

Other than that, just park there anyway. As DMGACC said worst case scenario is they put a warning sticker.

I disagree with the suggestion though that there is plenty of space there. It's been full up after 9:30 am consistently for the last month or so, to the point where cars are parking in random spots there. Although now that we're getting into holiday season it might not be as busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Footoo wrote: »
    If you're working for Mater then they should be able to give you a Citygate sticker to put on your car. It's actually a Citygate overflow as opposed to a CSO overflow.

Other than that, just park there anyway. As DMGACC said worst case scenario is they put a warning sticker.

I disagree with the suggestion though that there is plenty of space there. It's been full up after 9:30 am consistently for the last month or so, to the point where cars are parking in random spots there. Although now that we're getting into holiday season it might not be as busy.

Do you know who is parking at the yellow spaces in B&Q parking? Was getting a tap this morning and there is loads of cars parked in North-West corner of the car park there... Definitely not customers...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

grogi wrote: »
    Do you know who is parking at the yellow spaces in B&Q parking? Was getting a tap this morning and there is loads of cars parked in North-West corner of the car park there... Definitely not customers...

Staff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

pa990 wrote: »
    Staff

Definitely staff, but they'll clamp you there too if they see you're not working in the retail park.

Source: it happened to me last year. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement