Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote Form

Options
  • 18-05-2017 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I use WordPress and I'm developing my website right now. I hate using plugins unless I have to I prefer to create my own functionality but just looking for some tips. I basically want a form for each type of service I provide to take in user requirements based on what the user selects. I want 1 form for web design that will ask what type of website the user requires I'll have typical options 1 page, ecommerce, portfolio etc. and I want the questions that follow to be related to that website type. I know I could use the standard contact forms and create one for each type but then I'd have to separate the web design service into sub services one per page or section. If rather have just one form. Is there any useful plugins out there that do this? Or even a js example I could take a look at that I could develop as my own plugin?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I use WordPress and I'm developing my website right now. I hate using plugins unless I have to I prefer to create my own functionality but just looking for some tips.

Tip: use a plugin. Take a look at Gravity Forms and have a read of this: https://barn2.co.uk/instant-online-quote-calculator-gravity-forms/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CatchingDreams

Thanks so much that looks brilliant it's hard to find the perfect plugin sometimes best to ask what us being used by others

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Contact Form 7 with a couple of extensions will do that as well
    Extensions are
    Conditional Fields
    Multi-Step Forms
    Also the DB extension is useful as well. displays all form data in a table with csv export function. Separate table for each form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CatchingDreams

M.T.D wrote: »
    Contact Form 7 with a couple of extensions will do that as well
    Extensions are
    Conditional Fields
    Multi-Step Forms
    Also the DB extension is useful as well. displays all form data in a table with csv export function. Separate table for each form.

Cheers that sounds good I'll look into that site is still static at the moment just thinking ahead figuring out what's needed for the WordPress end and I haven't the time to be trying loads of the plugins

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Nex forms is pretty good too - not free but has lots of options like conditional form fields.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Gravity Forms, Ninja Forms and Contact Form 7 are all pretty good.

There are occasions you're better off coding, but there are many times you're better off using a plugin - particularly something well supported. For me, forms are one of those times.

Advertisement