Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving HKC Alarm Keypad

Options
  • 18-05-2017 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I am internally insulating our front wall and want to move the HKC alarm keypad mounted on the solid wall to the same position but mounted on the newly insulated wall. I'm not sure which alarm I have as there seems to be no information on the keypad. How can I go about doing this without setting off the alarm?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

If it has a mans voice it is either a HKC 8/12, 6/10, 14/54 or 16/120.

If it is a womans voice it is probably a 10/ 70.

So which is it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Without the engineer code there is no way to prevent it activating.
    Your best bet is to open the main control panel & remove the mains fuse and the back up battery. The external bell will sound for around 20 minutes. After that the system will be powered down allowing the keypad to be removed & replaced after the work is completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

If the screw is located under the keypad its a 6/10 or 8/12.
    10/70 screw is located behind a tab on the keypad.

If its a 6/10 or 8/12 you could open the keypad, use your user code to silence alarm and disconnect the wiring in the keypad. Just make sure you tape up the ends so they dont blow a fuse.

Another option would be to open the control panel, again put in your user code to silence the alarm if activating. Tamper by opening the keypad, again use your user code. Disconnect the fuses relating to the keypad so you dont blow a fuse. Take off keypad then do the reverse when job complete.

Advertisement