Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this cable in the attic

Options
  • 18-05-2017 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

I'd be grateful for any advice on the following - about to start renovating an ex-corporation house and there appears to be cables running through the attics of the houses in the terrace? There are holes drilled in the party wall on both sides of my mid terrace house and the cables run through.

Anyone any idea what it's for?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Looks like old Esb cables that supplied the fuse board
    I have seen these before where the meter was located in the landing

They are most likely redundant now but check before you cut!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

These holes may need attention from a fire regs perspective.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

Would the mains supplies to the various houses on the terrace have been routed through the attics like this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

UrbanFox wrote: »
    Would the mains supplies to the various houses on the terrace have been routed through the attics like this ?

Yes. I've seen it previously
    The cables were left in place and disconnected when the new service was installed from the outside

Advertisement