Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Life in Templemore

• 18-05-2017 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

After seeing a very helpful thread in the PSNI recruitment forum regarding advice, expectations & tips about starting in the Police college I thought it would be very appropriate for a similar thread here. Even the tips about small details as to what boot polish is the best etc is extremely interesting/helpful!

Would a recent recruit/graduate care to contribute to such a thread from the Garda college life perspective ? It would be invaluable to those who are about to start in Templemore?

The PSNI thread I'm referencing can be found here;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055236430

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    After seeing a very helpful thread in the PSNI recruitment forum regarding advice, expectations & tips about starting in the Police college I thought it would be very appropriate for a similar thread here. Even the tips about small details as to what boot polish is the best etc is extremely interesting/helpful!

Would a recent recruit/graduate care to contribute to such a thread from the Garda college life perspective ? It would be invaluable to those who are about to start in Templemore?

This is a great idea but as far as I know once you get accepted you are told not to post on boards, I could be wrong but nearly sure I read this a few months ago and all the oldies such as Dora never post anymore ?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 JN94

MrBlack93 wrote: »

Yeah I would agree with Henry2006 in that before you start down in the college you sign a non-disclosure form.
    Yeah so this is probably why we don't see much on boards about life in the college. Suppose we will just have to find out first hand what college life will be like but I've personally heard good things from previous recruits.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

JN94 wrote: »
    Yeah I would agree with Henry2006 in that before you start down in the college you sign a non-disclosure form.
    Yeah so this is probably why we don't see much on boards about life in the college. Suppose we will just have to find out first hand what college life will be like but I've personally heard good things from previous recruits.

I've heard great things too, know 2 guys who just graduated and said it's very full on but enjoyed every minute

Advertisement