Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turbo Graffix 16

• 18-05-2017 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Did the Turbo Graffix 16 make it to Europe? Ireland?

Bonk's Adventure was a really well mechanic-ed game for it's day. :pac::pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It made it to Europe but I'd say it was mail order from the UK or the continent to Ireland. The units sold here were imported US units modded for 50Hz (yuck) and a new power supply. It was sold by mail order mostly by independents. I'm pretty sure the entire UK stock only came from one company. It was kind of unofficial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

As far as I know (which is not very), there was a trial PAL run for the TG-16, but never went to mass-market. You'll see them pop up occasionally on French-based auctions.

Just noticed the Wii-U got a really low-key TG-16/PC engine section on the VC. Figured it'd be rolling, in the glacial way the VC does, but it seems to have been abandoned with the arrival of the Switch (Switch, of course, compensating by giving you the A+ roster of Neo Geo ports).

• Registered Users Posts: 11 EIght0Gaming

Ah ha. So it'll be pretty tough to track on down your saying :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭geotrig

consolegoods uk have them iirc ...why bother it was **** !

geotrig wrote: »
    console goods have them iirc ...why bother it was **** !
    :D
    it's an era thing! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭geotrig

:D
    it's an era thing! :)

just get a pcenigne it is better !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

yeah we had the pcEngine in france. my neighbour had one so we played it a lot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have both the US Turbografx-16 and the portable equivalent, the Turbo Express.
    Those, combined with a Turbo Everdrive flash cart makes it a cracking buy.
    And, to make it even sweeter, I also own a Micomsoft stick for the TG-16 console, which is sublime.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get a US turbografx or a PC Engine.

I'd got with a PC Engine. The pin outs are different between the two regions as a form of region locking so US and JP games aren't compatible without an adapter. The PC engine gamers go for far less than US games and most of what you play will not be affected by the language barrier.

Also 50 Hz on such an arcade and action focused system is absolutely appalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I have the UK Pal version. It's just called TurboGrafx without the 16.

Think they're reasonably rare but not worth much on account of the whole 50hz thing. There aren't any Pal cards though, they just use the TurboGrafx 16 cards.

• Advertisement

DinoRex wrote: »
    I have the UK Pal version. It's just called TurboGrafx without the 16.

Think they're reasonably rare but not worth much on account of the whole 50hz thing. There aren't any Pal cards though, they just use the TurboGrafx 16 cards.

I see. Won't waste my time researching :) Cheers.

I've got a brand new one, warehouse with pallets of them destined for Europe should it be released here was found a few years back and sold off very reasonably in the usual spots. Should still be reasonably easy to get for a right price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've got a brand new one, warehouse with pallets of them destined for Europe should it be released here was found a few years back and sold off very reasonably in the usual spots. Should still be reasonably easy to get for a right price

Was that from ebay? I remember a while ago there seemed to be absolutely loads of CIB ones on ebay going for very reasonable prices alright.

I picked it up on J+ but there were loads flying around at the time. Found something about them here
    http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38330

Can't believe that was 2012!!

Advertisement