Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal Issues

Options
  • 18-05-2017 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

[font=HelveticaNeue, "Helvetica Neue", helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I purchased goods online via Paypal on 15th May 2017 amounting to $234.03. Today in my bank account I have 2 payments for this one transaction pending. 15th May 2017 - Paypal *FRGTEA. 1 payment is for 220.58 euro and the other is for 220.03 euro. [/font]

[font=HelveticaNeue, "Helvetica Neue", helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Paypal say this [/font]authorisation is one they set aside to make sure you have enough balance when the seller captures the payment.  They have now voided the larger amount but not the actual amount.  

How long does it take Bank Of Ireland to credit my account again with the 'ghost' amount?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Liongard82

The $234.03 amount has now cleared and is on my statement however the ghost amount of $234.58 remains on my pending transactions.

How long will this 'ghost' amount take to come back into my account.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Liongard82 wrote: »
    The $234.03 amount has now cleared and is on my statement however the ghost amount of $234.58 remains on my pending transactions.

How long will this 'ghost' amount take to come back into my account.  
    Hi Liongard82 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

This will usually rectify automatically on your account and can take up to 5 working days. It will disappear from the debit side of your account increasing the balance up by the duplicated amount. 

We hope the information helps. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement