Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out of houseshare. Worried about Landlord request

Options
  • 18-05-2017 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm moving out of a houseshare that has been a nightmare for me. The people I was living with were children of the landlord and this was not made apparrent when I moved in first.

Im owed money back which is almost near a grand which the landlord has agreed to reimburse. Im moving out Tuesday and had said I could meet the landlord, get my money, hand over the keys ect that day

The landlord has now said they wont be able to check the room until thursday and they will give me the money then after the room check. But Im to leave the keys in the letterbox on the tuesday

Im not comfortable doing this at all. I dont want to leave the keys two days before I get my money back and also the fact that no one will see me handing them over. As I said the landlords daughters have been horrible to me and I do not trust them.

Any advice on where I stand with this would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Meet him on Thursday and exchange keys for cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Absolutely no upside for you in leaving the keys on Tuesday - I certainly wouldn't do it. Agree to meet on Thursday and do a straight exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Gravelly wrote: »
    Absolutely no upside for you in leaving the keys on Tuesday - I certainly wouldn't do it. Agree to meet on Thursday and do a straight exchange.

And bring a friend with you, in case any issue arises. That way, you'll have a witness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

And bring a friend with you, in case any issue arises. That way, you'll have a witness.

Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Take lots of photos and let them see you take them. Tell the LL you want to be there when they inspect the room and you will give them the keys then. Tell them you want cash to a cheque or bank transfer....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Agree lots of photos and put tuesdays newspaper inn them also so they can't be disputed

Advertisement