Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonkeen College - Land sell off

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ted1 wrote: »
    Isn’t the land in question church land.
    In my opinion It shouldn’t have been rezoned.

its not church land
    its school football pitchs and has been for 40+ years since the school was built

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

It is Church land and reflects badly on how we fund schools 100% that the State doesn't own and has no say in the management of. That's a whole other kettle of fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Seve OB wrote: »
    ted1 wrote: »
    Isn’t the land in question church land.
    In my opinion It shouldn’t have been rezoned.

its not church land
    its school football pitchs and has been for 40+ years since the school was built
    If it wasn’t church land then how did the church sell it ?

there is no church anywhere near the place - it is not church land, nor ever was

it was a christian brothers school, now run by ERST.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

So Church does not equal Christian Brothers? You do realise that most normal people would understand the use of the phrase "Church" as a religious organisation rather than say the Dublin Diocese?

• Advertisement

So Church does not equal Christian Brothers? You do realise that most normal people would understand the use of the phrase "Church" as a religious organisation rather than say the Dublin Diocese?

No church does not equal Christian Brothers. Well I spent 6 years of my life there, never ever did I hear any reference to church.... But maybe I missed the memo. 1 Christian brother was all that was left.
    Oh but we did have a Chaplin!

I consider myself normal and have never heard of the word church being used as a phrase. If you want to say religious.... Then use the word religious.

there is no church anywhere near the place - it is not church land, nor ever was

it was a christian brothers school, now run by ERST.

Christian Brothers are part of the church.

If it wasn’t their land , they couldn’t sell it.

No church does not equal Christian Brothers. Well I spent 6 years of my life there, never ever did I hear any reference to church.... But maybe I missed the memo. 1 Christian brother was all that was left.
    Oh but we did have a Chaplin!

I consider myself normal and have never heard of the word church being used as a phrase. If you want to say religious.... Then use the word religious.
    In that 6 years did you ever look up the land folio?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

seems like an extremely bad settlement for the school

• Advertisement

Whatever was ever going to happen was always going to be bad for the school. :(

4 acres is two pitches , not a bad deal 400% times better than last deal

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but did anyone hear if planning permission was granted for this site? Can't find anything on the planning website.

Wondering if the expectation is apartments or houses.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but did anyone hear if planning permission was granted for this site? Can't find anything on the planning website.

Wondering if the expectation is apartments or houses.....

iirc think they had wanted to do both, but the given how low rise it is around the area, probably, 3/4 stories max.

Advertisement