Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xposé to be axed?

• 18-05-2017 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Ruth O Neill has left the show and ratings have fallen, mainly due to the mix up of airtimes. So does anyone think the show is on its last legs and is about to be axed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

The accompanying magazine was also axed last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

like OMG!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

It wouldn't be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭brian_t

It wouldn't be missed.

Well someone cared enough to start a thread. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

How will TV3 fulfill their news requirements now?

With actual...news :confused::eek:

• Advertisement

maudgonner wrote: »
    How will TV3 fulfill their news requirements now?

With actual...news :confused::eek:

Xposé was a show for fulfilling their news requirements?! Really?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yes, you can guess what's coming next... :o:D;)

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

brian_t wrote: »
    Well someone cared enough to start a thread. :P

People have started crap threads for worse. You really get some insight into the expose-like (ironically) crap that goes on in people's minds

People have started crap threads for worse. You really get some insight into the expose-like (ironically) crap that goes on in people's minds
    Yes, you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I hope the camera sounds survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

My votes for electrocution or a seal-cull-like clubbing, but axing will also suffice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Ruth O Neill has left the show and ratings have fallen, mainly due to the mix up of airtimes. So does anyone think the show is on its last legs and is about to be axed?

Hard to compare ratings when the programme has shifted hugely from it's regular 6pm timeslot which it had for 9 years. Mondays and Fridays shows are in the Top 20 shows of the week, also helped by being sandwiched inbetween Coronation Street. The other airings like the Tuesday and Wednesday do badly on 3e.
    But it's mainly TV3's fault for switching around the times and channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They could combine it with 6 O' Clock show

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    They could combine it with 6 O' Clock show

giphy.gif

iseegirls wrote: »
    Hard to compare ratings when the programme has shifted hugely from it's regular 6pm timeslot which it had for 9 years. Mondays and Fridays shows are in the Top 20 shows of the week, also helped by being sandwiched inbetween Coronation Street. The other airings like the Tuesday and Wednesday do badly on 3e.
    But it's mainly TV3's fault for switching around the times and channels.

Axing Xposé would be one of the best things TV3 ever did.

Sorry. :o:o:o;)

Just imagine...
    "It is with great regret and a pain in my heart that I break the news today that as and from (insert date here), Xpose is to be taken off air."

If it does be axed, how many complaints do you reckon there'd be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Its there own fault and maybe a symptom of there early success when the show was only 30 mins long but watchable as it only took 15 to 20 mins at most to watch it as you at least I did just watched the bits I was interested or wanted to see thanks to Sky+. Why they thought making the show an hour long was a good idea is beyond me it only made it worse. It really was not and thats when they lost a lot of viewers me included as I just did not have that much time to be watching something not really that important. It had also got very tedious and boring.
    What will TV3 do when its gone? Simple do what they done before Xpose and have any worthwhile or important entertainment news at the end of the regular news bulletin.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The show is one big informerical anyway

AMKC wrote: »
    Why they thought making the show an hour long was a good idea is beyond me it only made it worse. It really was not and thats when they lost a lot of viewers me included as I just did not have that much time to be watching something not really that important.
    Main reason they went with an hour is that they were losing the soaps in four months time, and they needed to expand out home produced shows to show that they could cope. The first 6 months were broadcast live.

Then the 7-8pm programmes that replaced the soaps were doing awful from Jan-Mar, so TV3 moved Late Lunch live to The 7 O'Clock Show. That became live, meaning Xpose had to be prerecorded (due to lack of studio space and short turnaround time for change of sets)

Along comes the soaps back again, the 7OCS moves to 6OCS and Xpose is shunted out into a time most people can't remember. Which was odd, as Xpose built up an audience for that time, whereby The 7OCS failed miserably to garner any audience, and never made it into the top 20 weekly. Which makes it odd they stayed with the format and over it to 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Main reason they went with an hour is that they were losing the soaps in four months time, and they needed to expand out home produced shows to show that they could cope. The first 6 months were broadcast live.

Then the 7-8pm programmes that replaced the soaps were doing awful from Jan-Mar, so TV3 moved Late Lunch live to The 7 O'Clock Show. That became live, meaning Xpose had to be prerecorded (due to lack of studio space and short turnaround time for change of sets)

Along comes the soaps back again, the 7OCS moves to 6OCS and Xpose is shunted out into a time most people can't remember. Which was odd, as Xpose built up an audience for that time, whereby The 7OCS failed miserably to garner any audience, and never made it into the top 20 weekly. Which makes it odd they stayed with the format and over it to 6

A bit of a mess so and badly run. I do think the show being an hour long as well do did not help.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Looks like they're roping in Kim K's pal Jonathan Cheban this week as a guest presenter to help save this dying, failing programme. Irish TV can't really sink much lower than this can it?

Just imagine...
    "It is with great regret and a pain in my heart that I break the news today that as and from (insert date here), Xpose is to be taken off air."

If it does be axed, how many complaints do you reckon there'd be?

I'm sure there'd be plenty of complaints... all from Xposé's target audience. :o:o;)

Its there own fault and maybe a symptom of there early success when the show was only 30 mins long but watchable as it only took 15 to 20 mins at most to watch it as you at least I did just watched the bits I was interested or wanted to see thanks to Sky+.

That, and also it was (and no doubt still is) relatively cheap to produce.

Martin King and Lucy Kennedy are among TV3's crown jewels - so their show just couldn't be axed there and then. :rolleyes: ;)

A bit of a mess so and badly run. I do think the show being an hour long as well do did not help.

It was a bit of a mess even in the early years.

There was the acrimonious nature of Lorraine Keane's departure from the show and the channel, followed by Total Xposure - Sean Munsanje didn't last very long, did he?

• Advertisement

The departure/axing of Lisa Cannon hasn't helped either. She was the best of a bad bunch!

The show is one big informerical anyway

It has gone really bad with competitions, very rare now

There will be guest presenters all summer as Ruth has left

There will be guest presenters all summer as Ruth has left

They really must be desperate for the ratings to improve. I know it's been wrongly predicted before that the show would be cancelled, but I think this year it might well actually happen. I mentioned something earlier about that guy who is friends with Kim Kardashian co-hosting it. I think this might be them trying to get an American broadcaster to pick up the show for a US audience, so that they can save the show from its almost inevitable demise which I'm led to believe is about to happen. Personally the Kardashian family and their friends are a real hinderance for me, but I'm not interested in celeb goss garbage anyway. And the competitions being axed/reduced is another indicator that the show is about to be cancelled. It's make or break time for Xpose I reckon.

Edit: JC pulled out of co-hosting.

Its there own fault and maybe a symptom of there early success when the show was only 30 mins long but watchable as it only took 15 to 20 mins at most to watch it as you at least I did just watched the bits I was interested or wanted to see thanks to Sky+. Why they thought making the show an hour long was a good idea is beyond me it only made it worse. It really was not and thats when they lost a lot of viewers me included as I just did not have that much time to be watching something not really that important. It had also got very tedious and boring.
    What will TV3 do when its gone? Simple do what they done before Xpose and have any worthwhile or important entertainment news at the end of the regular news bulletin.

I simply don't think they need it anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,490 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Axing this shallow informercial tripe would actually be a good decision for TV3

lawred2 wrote: »
    Axing this shallow informercial tripe would actually be a good decision for TV3

It's had its day in my opinion, even if the ratings are still relatively good. Or maybe a rebrand? How about calling it "Star TV" or something like that? Or "heat TV"? But yes I do think a lot of people are tired of it by now, and it's run its course. The fact they haven't axed it yet shows to me that they haven't changed much.

MikeyTaylor

Well, if the competitions, which they used to run every day, are now rare, then I think that is yet another sign that they are phasing the show out.

Well, if the competitions, which they used to run every day, are now rare, then I think that is yet another sign that they are phasing the show out.

Why would they cancel the show when it has such a loyal following.

Er... Because it's run its course? A lot of shows with loyal followings are retired when they have come to their natural end. Downton Abbey for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Why did Ruth leave?

Why did Ruth leave?

Who knows, who cares... the show is nearly over.

Who knows, who cares...

You do it seems. You've created two threads on xpose in the past week.

And I wouldn't compare Xpose to a worldwide hit drama like Downton Abbey, which wasn't axed by the way.

You do it seems. You've created two threads on xpose in the past week.

And I wouldn't compare Xpose to a worldwide hit drama like Downton Abbey, which wasn't axed by the way.

I don't watch Xposé. I just saw in the Sun that the ratings are going down and that it seems to be on the way out. It doesn't bother me one way or the other why a host on the show may have left, none of my business, but I think the show's future is bleak.

Rephrased as "retired".

Rephrased as "retired".
    Not even retired, there's a Downton Abbey movie on the way.
    I don't watch Xpose.
    For someone who never watches you are very knowledgeable about it.

• Advertisement

Well, when Xposé does end - be it this year, next year, two years' time, or later - the only people who'll be really disappointed will be the presenters that are still there (and probably some former ones too), the production team and the die-hard viewers. :o;)

In contrast, there was outcry when Pamela and Caroline were let go from Off The Rails...

Not even retired, there's a Downton Abbey movie on the way.

For someone who never watches you are very knowledgeable about it.

Thanks! I don't live in Australia and yet I know a lot about their music charts too.

I don't watch Xposé. I just saw in the Sun that the ratings are going down and that it seems to be on the way out. It doesn't bother me one way or the other why a host on the show may have left, none of my business, but I think the show's future is bleak.

You've created 2 separate threads on Xpose (one was your very first post in boards) and also commented on the ratings thread about it, with the other being a poll. You've already said there are less competitions than before. You said its gone downhill since Lisa Cannon left, and now Ruth too.

Now that doesn't strike me as a person who doesn't watch the show.

You've created 2 separate threads on Xpose (one was your very first post in boards) and also commented on the ratings thread about it, with the other being a poll. You've already said there are less competitions than before. You said its gone downhill since Lisa Cannon left, and now Ruth too.

Now that doesn't strike me as a person who doesn't watch the show.

I wouldn't have known there were fewer competitions had someone on here not pointed it out to me. And the fact that a presenter has left so soon after joining shows to me that there is something wrong. Just because I don't WATCH the programme doesn't mean I don't find about this from other sources (e.g. The Sun).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I don't watch Xpos?. I just saw in the Sun that the ratings are going down and that it seems to be on the way out. It doesn't bother me one way or the other why a host on the show may have left, none of my business, but I think the show's future is bleak.

jaysis.. hope it was someone else's paper, and it was in a toilet with no bog roll

• Advertisement

With the very greatest of respect, Mikey, the tabloids are not the most reliable sources of information. :o:o:o;)

For all we know, Xposé could yet stagger on for another few years. It could go through a whole load of presenter changes and time changes, it could ditch the competitions altogether - yet it could still attract enough viewers for TV3 to keep it going.

Whenever it ends, though, it won't be mourned by many people besides those who have worked on it and those who have watched it regularly.

Why did Ruth leave?

I think she got a better bigger job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm going to enjoy it's overdue eradication.

I think she got a better bigger job

What, Babestation? ;-)

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm going to enjoy it's overdue eradication.

The majority of people who voted in my poll seem to agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭badabing106

The majority of people who voted in my poll seem to agree with you.

Admit it Mick, you once auditioned to be presenter on xpose :p

Admit it Mick, you once auditioned to be presenter on xpose :p

I'd much rather be on Babestation.

You've got a great sense of humour though Badabing.

Nightshift on Channel 6 (which I watched) had a loyal following too, but that got the chop.

Nightshift on Channel 6 (which I watched) had a loyal following too, but that got the chop.

It ended as a result of Channel 6 becoming 3e.

Eight years on, the channel's showing Pointless and Judge Rinder. Quite a contrast. ;)

It ended as a result of Channel 6 becoming 3e.

Eight years on, the channel's showing Pointless and Judge Rinder. Quite a contrast. ;)

Purely that, or were the ratings not great?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement