Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xposé to be axed?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Purely that, or were the ratings not great?

For a programme of its kind, I'd say the ratings were decent enough.

It wasn't expensive to produce, either - and, of course, it had Michelle Doherty. ;)

It's quite likely, though, that TV3 took over the channel with different ideas for it to those of its original owners - and not just regarding the name... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

It wasn't expensive to produce, either - and, of course, it had Michelle Doherty. ;)

It's quite likely, though, that TV3 took over the channel with different ideas for it to those of its original owners - and not just regarding the name... ;)

I see someone on Mixcloud made a radio demo pilot for a hypothetical reboot of the show, but I think it's a bit pointless. Good music on it though, especially Thin Lizzy and Le Galaxie.

I'd imagine the ratings weren't good enough, but the show did have a very loyal cult following which included myself. I complained at the time and told TV3 that I would be boycotting them and have kept my promise since. Haven't bothered with 3e but apparently it's just reality junk. Channel 6 and UTVI mustn't have been very successful, 3 wouldn't have bought them if they were. Sad really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,607 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lisa Cannon getting her own show on 3e, about movies and tv reviews etc.,

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lisa Cannon getting her own show on 3e, about movies and tv reviews etc.,

Does that mean Take 6 is coming back?

A rather amusing comment on their Instagram:
    "Dear Xposure,
    Could you please follow TXFM's example and get off the air for good? This would greatly benefit the television industry."

Looks like Xpose IS going to be axed... The axing of the magazine recently is the strongest indicator.

Good riddance to bad garbage!

Looks like Xpose IS going to be axed... The axing of the magazine recently is the strongest indicator.

Good riddance to bad garbage!

With the very greatest of respect, Mikey, this is supposed to be a thread rather than a soapbox... :o:o:o:o

The axing of the magazine probably does suggest that the show doesn't have a lot of time left. However, the Top of the Pops magazine is still going strong - eleven years after that show ended... ;)

totp.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,322 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I'd imagine the ratings weren't good enough, but the show did have a very loyal cult following which included myself. I complained at the time and told TV3 that I would be boycotting them and have kept my promise since. Haven't bothered with 3e but apparently it's just reality junk. Channel 6 and UTVI mustn't have been very successful, 3 wouldn't have bought them if they were. Sad really.

I have no idea about Channel 6 never l knew it existed and nor did I know TV3 bought it. UTVI on the other hand the only thing good on it was the news and its entertainment show otherwise it was all just old crap programmes that they thought they could fool us into watching. They were basically just trying to use the channel as a revenue stream to make money from advertisements but even that did not go well. So the short answer to your question is it was not successful.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I used to have it on always when I'd be cooking dinner. That was before they decided to do an hour long of repeating the same news items 4 times in a show and that Peter plonker.
    I prefer the older presenters because younger audiences aren't going to watch it, regardless of how many people like Cassie with her dodgy American accent are brought on.

I used to have it on always when I'd be cooking dinner. That was before they decided to do an hour long of repeating the same news items 4 times in a show and that Peter plonker.
    I prefer the older presenters because younger audiences aren't going to watch it, regardless of how many people like Cassie with her dodgy American accent are brought on.

Of the current three presenters, I think Cassie is the best out of a bad bunch. I don't know much about her but I think she is from Canada. Glenda Gilmore or whatever should have stuck to modelling. There's a whole thread on Boards about how she is "not great on TV"! Have to agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Of the current three presenters, I think Cassie is the best out of a bad bunch. I don't know much about her but I think she is from Canada. Glenda Gilmore or whatever should have stuck to modelling. There's a whole thread on Boards about how she is "not great on TV"! Have to agree.

I thought I wouldn't like Glenda (Gilson, btw) but I think she's really good at getting people talking. I thought Ruth and possible Cassie (tbh have only watched imtermittently lately) asked celebrities dumb questions and they were more interested in the sounds of their own voices. Cassie is from Dublin, I read she lived in Canada for a while but the accent is still really hard to listen to. Bring back Lisa Cannon! Could take or leave Karen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Axe tv3 altogether

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Axe tv3 altogether

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

:o:o:o;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

who cares.

• Advertisement

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Axe tv3 altogether

Virgin Media have control of them now so nothing is stopping them from changing its name to "Virgin TV". Or maybe they're waiting to buy ITV so TV3 can be renamed ITV Ireland.

Virgin Media have control of them now so nothing is stopping them from changing its name to "Virgin TV".

Not gonna happen in the foreseeable future.

Don't forget, if TV3's name is changed than 3e's and Be3's names will have to be changed too... ;)

Or maybe they're waiting to buy ITV so TV3 can be renamed ITV Ireland.

There's a non-zero chance that ITV will be bought by Comcast. Then it may well be renamed NBC UK... ;);)
    Shares in ITV have jumped 4% on reports that Comcast, the owner of NBC, is the latest international broadcaster to cast its eye over the maker of Downton Abbey and the X Factor.

The shares rose 10.43p to 274.23p, within a whisker of their high for this year of 281.9p.

At these levels the broadcaster and programme maker is valued at just over £11 billion.

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/itv-shares-surge-on-talk-of-takeover-interest-from-nbc-owner-comcast-a3141891.html

Not gonna happen in the foreseeable future.

Don't forget, if TV3's name is changed than 3e's and Be3's names will have to be changed too... ;)

There's a non-zero chance that ITV will be bought by Comcast. Then it may well be renamed NBC UK... ;);)

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/itv-shares-surge-on-talk-of-takeover-interest-from-nbc-owner-comcast-a3141891.html

be3 is a lower case "b".

be3 is a lower case "b".

Both "Be3" and "be3" are acceptable - just as "Eir" and "eir" are both acceptable. :o:o:);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Please get that artificial nonsense off the air. It is trying to copy those trashy, glossy entertainment magazine shows in the States, but has failed miserably every time

Glenda Gilson can retire to Goffs bloodstock once it is axed

• Advertisement

Both "Be3" and "be3" are acceptable - just as "Eir" and "eir" are both acceptable. :o:o:);)

And "3E" and "3e". :-D

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Please get that artificial nonsense off the air. It is trying to copy those trashy, glossy entertainment magazine shows in the States, but has failed miserably every time

I agree but one of the presenters has said on Instagram that it's "going nowhere". :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I agree but one of the presenters has said on Instagram that it's "going nowhere". :-(

She's not wrong...it's definitely "going nowhere"

Instead of 30 minutes of Xpose, how about TV3 instead just do 60 second showbiz updates every so often during the day like ITV2 do with "FYI Daily"? It would save time and money.

Instead of 30 minutes of Xpose, how about TV3 instead just do 60 second showbiz updates every so often during the day like ITV2 do with "FYI Daily"? It would save time and money.

Meh. :o;)

Not sure why anyone would still be interested in sitting down to watch this outdated programme when they can get all the celeb goss they need on the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Not sure why anyone would still be interested in sitting down to watch this outdated programme when they can get all the celeb goss they need on the internet.

Not sure why anyone would be interested in sitting down to watch a 2 hour music show when they can get all the music videos they need on the internet.

Your hatred for Xpose is getting boring. It's only on for an hour and a half a week on TV3, and an hour on 3e. Monday's episode is their most popular show this week outside the soaps. I thought you were refusing to watch TV3 anyway, seeing they axed Night Shift when they bought Channel 6 many years ago.

iseegirls wrote: »
    Not sure why anyone would be interested in sitting down to watch a 2 hour music show when they can get all the music videos they need on the internet.

Your hatred for Xpose is getting boring. It's only on for an hour and a half a week on TV3, and an hour on 3e. Monday's episode is their most popular show this week outside the soaps. I thought you were refusing to watch TV3 anyway, seeing they axed Night Shift when they bought Channel 6 many years ago.

Exactly. I am refusing to watch them. The same argument people made for Nightshift ending can be made for Xpose which I guarantee will be coming off air soon.

And Nightshift wasn't axed, it just came to a natural end.

And I don't see why keeping celebrity gossip news on television is any different to keeping music videos on television. If I was in charge of TV3, I would not only get rid of Xpose, but rebrand them as Virgin TV to start things afresh.

The point I'm making is, I think Xposé offers nothing, zilch, zero we can't find on the internet or in magazines. It's had a good 10 year run and I think if TV3 really want to progress they should cancel it or rest it. I think they have deliberately worsened the show to turn viewers away. With fashion and beauty bloggers galore, celeb goss sites galore, is there really any more need for the show on air than there is Nightshift/Popscene? That anyone would sit down to watch this poorly presented, poorly produced programme when they could simply read about celebrities/fashion online in this day and age is amazing. I hardly watch any traditional television nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Quite a bitchy commentary goi g on at the moment involving three thirty something(or forty something even)D4 types "critiquing" the style of "slebs".when they probably need to be looking in the mirror before casting aspersions...
    Also over-use of the Americanism "super" before most adjectives....cringe...

• Advertisement

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Quite a bitchy commentary goi g on at the moment involving three thirty something(or forty something even)D4 types "critiquing" the style of "slobs"..when they probably need to be looking in the mirror before casting aspersions...
    Also over-use of the Americanism "super" before most adjectives....cringe...

I prefer culchie muckeroos like Hector or Pat Short, they have like, sooooo hotter accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I prefer culchie muckeroos like Hector or Pat Short, they have like, sooooo hotter accents.

Somewhere between those two extremes would be less of an assault on the ears

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Somewhere between those two extremes would be less of an assault on the ears

I wish TV3 would stop focusing on D4 heads and hire more countryfolk. Suggestions: Bring back Nightshift and let that guy who does the Rock and Roll Show on Midlands 103 (can't remember his name, strong Westmeath accent) present it. If Xposé stays, have a once a week farming segment on it. Commission a 3rd series of Hector Goes, this time on 3. Move the flagship shows to their new studios in Limerick. In fact, I would move Tv3 out of Dublin altogether and to somewhere like maybe Cork or Galway. Cover the National Ploughing Championships live every year. Broadcast some shows entirely in Connacht Irish. A 10% as-Gaeilge quota, at least, would be good. What does everyone think of those suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭brian_t

Xpose could organise a Best Dressed Lady competition at the National Ploughing Championships.

brian_t wrote: »
    Xpose could organise a Best Dressed Lady competition at the National Ploughing Championships.

The one most closely resembling a stereotypical cultchie wins.

I wish TV3 would stop focusing on D4 heads and hire more countryfolk. Suggestions: Bring back Nightshift and let that guy who does the Rock and Roll Show on Midlands 103 (can't remember his name, strong Westmeath accent) present it. If Xposé stays, have a once a week farming segment on it. Commission a 3rd series of Hector Goes, this time on 3. Move the flagship shows to their new studios in Limerick. In fact, I would move Tv3 out of Dublin altogether and to somewhere like maybe Cork or Galway. Cover the National Ploughing Championships live every year. Broadcast some shows entirely in Connacht Irish. A 10% as-Gaeilge quota, at least, would be good. What does everyone think of those suggestions?

I couldn't resist. Honestly, I couldn't. :o:o:o:o:o:);)

Nightshift is not going to be brought back any time soon, Xposé is not going to have a farming segment at any point in whatever time it has left, and the flagship shows will remain at Ballymount for the foreseeable future.

And, I'm afraid to say, a Gaeilge quota of any percentage is about as likely as Trump getting a second term. :o And you know, Mikey, there have been very few Welsh-language shows on BBC1 Wales, BBC2 Wales and ITV Wales since 1982... ;)

Nightshift is not going to be brought back any time soon, Xposé is not going to have a farming segment at any point in whatever time it has left, and the flagship shows will remain at Ballymount for the foreseeable future.

And, I'm afraid to say, a Gaeilge quota of any percentage is about as likely as Trump getting a second term. :o And you know, Mikey, there have been very few Welsh-language shows on BBC1 Wales, BBC2 Wales and ITV Wales since 1982... ;)

TV a Trí. Ní chuirimid a thabairt feck mar gheall ar an nGaeilge.

Wouldn't it save them money to move to Cork/Galway/Limerick though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Enough, lads. This thread is going around in circles.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement