Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Entrance exam conundrum?

Options
  • 18-05-2017 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

I'm realistically going to get a H6 in my Leaving cert maths. This means to get engineering in NUIG i need to get a pass in the engineering entrance exam :( How hard is the exam? has anyone here done it?

"Places available (which may vary in number year to year) will be allocated to those candidates who have achieved the points requirement for the programme that year, who satisfy the general requirements for Matriculation in the College of Engineering and Informatics and who attain a Pass in the Engineering Maths Qualifying Examination. The places available will be allocated in strict order of merit based on performance in the Engineering Maths Qualifying Examination. Due to capacity constraints, not all candidates who achieve a pass in the examination may receive an offer."

so if i get the 550 points for the course and just scrape a pass in the engineeing exam, AND others get lower points but a higher entrance exam score they get it or do i?

and then if i fail my engineering entrance exam, i need to repeat my leaving cert or do a level 7 ? because i miss my other offers? :o:confused:

Could someone explain this to me please :) many thanks to anyone willing to help

Advertisement