Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a vape to quit weed...

Options
  • 18-05-2017 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here used a vape to stop smoking weed? I want to take a break from the devils lettuce, I usually only smoke last thing before I sleep as it helps me wind down and sleep and I enjoy it but I feel I need a break!

I don't use tobacco, just straight weed in my joints so I dont have a nicotine addiction!!

So has anyone done this?

What vape would you recommend for this?

Are there any "weed" flavours that I could use as I feel nauseous when I smell my colleagues and their fruity clouds? And I mean flavoured, not actual weed oil or similar!?

Thanks,

frAg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

Haven't used any but I know there's quite a few weed/cannabis flavoured liquids out there. You'd just need the 0mg versions.

There's CBD oil too, with none of the psychoactive effects of weed but made from hemp. Supposed to be good for inflammation or pain. They might have a closer flavour to the original, but can be pretty expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

I would skip vaping as an alternative and look to having a cup of camomile tea. This is a naturally mild relaxant with it's own herbal flavour that should do the trick and act as your bedtime routine trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I presume you want to still use the herb but just with no combustion?

The Volcano vaporiser is still the best imo but is just for home use. It pays for itself with 3/4 months as you will end using so little product.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Storz-Bickel-VOLCANO-CLASSIC-Starter/dp/B004TQFMCW/ref=sr_1_7_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1495201969&sr=8-7&keywords=volcano

There a lots of mobile vaporisers ranging from €90 to €450.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Trond wrote: »
    I presume you want to still use the herb but just with no combustion?

The Volcano vaporiser is still the best imo but is just for home use. It pays for itself with 3/4 months as you will end using so little product.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Storz-Bickel-VOLCANO-CLASSIC-Starter/dp/B004TQFMCW/ref=sr_1_7_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1495201969&sr=8-7&keywords=volcano

There a lots of mobile vaporisers ranging from ?90 to ?450.

See the part in my op about giving it up:rolleyes:

Ideally I am looking to give it up, I am looking for an alternative but without the thc high...I am thinking CBD oils but I have no idea where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Weed isnt addictive, why do you need to vape to get off it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

I use a CBD vape oil which, as Phill_M has said above, is cannabis derived but from a variant with very little THC. Although I've used weed in the past I'm not using CBD as a substitute but to assess its supposed anti-inflammatory properties for a long-term condition I have. It does have a somewhat weed-esque flavour and the very act of vaping it may help as a replacement. I get mine from Hempture.ie and a 10ml bottle costs about €15.00 when shipping is included (this is for 50mg CBD or 5mg/ml, which is the lower end for what's out there).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

macker33 wrote: »
    Weed isnt addictive, why do you need to vape to get off it?

I am looking for a substitute for smoking a spliff in the evening as I want to take a break from it, I know it is not addictive. The vape will take may mind of wanting to smoke, it worked when i kicked the smokes a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

Sounds like CBD oil would prob suit best. They charge more by how highly concentrated it is, and since you're not looking for its medicinal values, you would be best off going for lowest mg versions in a mulitpack to save money. 50mg or lower is the bottom end as far as I know.

That's still pricier than normal e-liquid though. If it was me, I'd buy a big bottle of unflavoured PG/VG base mix in 0mg nicotine and just use that to copy the habit of having an evening smoke. It would last you 10 times as long as CBD for the same price and avoid sickly sweet vaping flavours. Still a slight sweet taste off base mixes though, but hardly noticeable and practically no smell to others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭Allah snackbar

Can cbd oil be bought off the shelf in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

Patww79 wrote: »

If I'm understanding you correctly it depends on the size of the tank on your vaping unit, normally between 2-3.5mls I think. It doesn't need to be mixed with anything but as I use nicotine e-liquid anyway I mix it 50/50 with that. CBD is also available in a number of other forms (capsules, granules, oils) and strengths so I'd recommend checking online to see your options, I don't want to go too off-topic from OP's original enquiry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Advertisement