Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self catering holiday cottage

Options
  • 18-05-2017 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

So it’s been a few years (five) since I’ve been on holiday to Ireland.

Typically I would find a cottage on Daft or the like, arrange a time, meet the owner and pay cash in person upon arrival. Easy.

Meeting and speaking with the owners about the area, history, and attractions was half the fun

Now… 99% of the cottages I find are handled by agencies and have totally lost that personal touch

Are there any owner\agents left?

If anyone has recommendation or contacts for a self catering cottage in the west of Galway it would be greatly appreciated, please PM me as I don’t think we are allowed to post them publically

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

I have sent you a Pm

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I use booking.com when I travel, I've used them a lot for business but last year for holidays, they had privately run B&Bs listed. I went to one down in Cork, it was a big country estate mansion and was greeted by the home owner on arrival.

You're probably really looking for B&Bs if you want privately owned. Some of the B&Bs listed are basically a second house on the same land.

Advertisement