Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti social

Options
  • 18-05-2017 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Need advise for anti social behavior, council will not help me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Babs2323

Council won't help me with my neighbour who is so anti social for 3 years, nothing been done.. They know all about it, but it's like they don't want the hassle. Sleepless nights, car damaged, street fighting, music, shouting, broken doors, windows etc.. Can someone help?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Moving this to Cork City forum where it may be more suitable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Babs2323 wrote: »
    Council won't help me with my neighbour who is so anti social for 3 years, nothing been done.. They know all about it, but it's like they don't want the hassle. Sleepless nights, car damaged, street fighting, music, shouting, broken doors, windows etc.. Can someone help?

Have you called the guards?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

The Gardai will do nothing, the system is flawed and it allows scum terrorise communities with impunity, maybe stop their benefits if they cant live like civilised people. We give you a free house, you abuse it, time to buy a tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

mcko wrote: »
    The Gardai will do nothing, the system is flawed and it allows scum terrorise communities with impunity, maybe stop their benefits if they cant live like civilised people. We give you a free house, you abuse it, time to buy a tent.

Unfortunately, you have to take the law into your own hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

yenom wrote: »
    Unfortunately, you have to take the law into your own hands.

No, of course you don't, this is terrible 'advice'. OP, what exactly did you ask the council to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

You have to apply to the courts for a court injuction, the Council will help you with this. Once you have it the gardai will have to act on any complaint you make, until them there is F/A they can do. You can thank a Labour minister from the 90s Gov who brought this in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Do you live in Ballintemple by any chance

Advertisement