Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What boots do youse wear these days?

• 18-05-2017 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Yes, I'm a civilian, but found that the boots the that soldiers wear are usually based on functionality rather than looks (please mods, don't move this to Fashion). Thus asking what people here are wearing?

For the last 15 or 20 years, I've been wearing Magnums (mainly Elite II & Viper), but when I went looking today, I notice that they don't use gore-tex anymore. Having had issues with some boots in the past that couldn't breath, I'm now looking elsewhere (esp as temps here in Toronto are usually around the 30 degrees mark during the summer months).

Typically I'll be wearing them everywhere, and preference is black as I need to wear them at work, and 8 eyed as this has saved my ankles from being sprained in the snow multiple times.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Solomon Quest 4D, very comfortable and durable.

Advertisement