Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on tri suit and size

Options
  • 19-05-2017 5:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi folks,

I want to buy a tri suit. I'll use it for sea swimming 1-2 k usually. budget isn't a huge concern. I can swim okay, and surf/run quite a bit, so I'm in pretty good shape. I was thinking about the orca equip, but don't seem to fit into the size categories.

I'm male 36, 175cm, 138lbs, 37in chest.

I seem a bit long for the sizes which would work in the weight and chest category.

Any advice on suit or size?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Go into a shop and try on a few sizes. Hard to size things like that online.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lightoffshore

Thanks. I'm based in Galway. From online the only suits in the shops here are for surfing/diving.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Is it only for swimming you want it? You might be better off buying swim skin if it's just for swimming

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

So you're talking about a wetsuit rather than a tri suit methinks.

Fairly sure Gotta Run in Oranmore do traithlon wetsuits.

I got my first wetsuit online, fit was fine for an entry level wetsuit, I actually still have it, but it's far too big for me now - no chance I'd buy another without a fitting now tbh as I know now how ineffective a badly fitting wetsuit is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Good catch rq, brain obviously not working. The diving comment should have given it away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Generally speaking zone3 and blue seventy would be the suits that tend to suit a long slim build of brands readily available.
    Hi folks,

I want to buy a tri suit. I'll use it for sea swimming 1-2 k usually. budget isn't a huge concern. I can swim okay, and surf/run quite a bit, so I'm in pretty good shape. I was thinking about the orca equip, but don't seem to fit into the size categories.

I'm male 36, 175cm, 138lbs, 37in chest.

I seem a bit long for the sizes which would work in the weight and chest category.

Any advice on suit or size?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

peter kern wrote: »
    Generally speaking zone3 and blue seventy would be the suits that tend to suit a long slim build of brands readily available.[/qu

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lightoffshore

Just for swimming. I'll look into the skin yoke!

Advertisement