Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a new account

Options
  • 19-05-2017 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi

I recently moved to Galway 2 weeks back and have a PPS number and a PSC Card.
    I am staying in a temp accomodation for the first 8 weeks.
    I am working for a IT company in Galway and have a contract for 1 year.
    Is it possible for me to open up and account ?

Regards
    Vipul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

vipulpopat wrote: »
    Hi

I recently moved to Galway 2 weeks back and have a PPS number and a PSC Card.
    I am staying in a temp accomodation for the first 8 weeks.
    I am working for a IT company in Galway and have a contract for 1 year.
    Is it possible for me to open up and account ?

Regards
    Vipul
    Hi vipulpopat

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards sand your interest in banking with us.

We can accept the Public Service Card as your 'True Name Verification' although it must be accompanied by proof of your date of birth in a separate document. 

If you're calling into a Branch to open the account, you will also need proof of address in the form of a utility bill/ bank statement from another institution within the last 6 months. Your PSC / PPS letter cannot be used as proof of address. 

Hope the information helps, 

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 21 vipulpopat

As I told you that I have recently moved to ireland and I am a british citizen.
    I have all the forms of proof of Id and an employers letter confirming my address
    Would that suffice ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

vipulpopat wrote: »
    As I told you that I have recently moved to ireland and I am a british citizen.
    I have all the forms of proof of Id and an employers letter confirming my address
    Would that suffice ?
    Thanks for your reply vipulpopat,

We are unable to accept a letter from your employer as your proof of address I'm afraid. You could use a letter from the Revenue Commissioner or Department of Social Protection. However as Alison has mentioned above, the letter advising you of your PPS number is not accepted.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement