Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque Book Charge

Options
  • 19-05-2017 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I requested a cheque book be sent to me for my joint bank account.
    I received two in the post, one with just my name on it and one with both our names on it - i only requested one.
    I have also been charged four times for it - two charges of 5euro and 2 charges of 12.50euro!!
    I sent a message through online banking but no reply.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi
    I requested a cheque book be sent to me for my joint bank account.
    I received two in the post, one with just my name on it and one with both our names on it - i only requested one.
    I have also been charged four times for it - two charges of 5euro and 2 charges of 12.50euro!!
    I sent a message through online banking but no reply.
    Hi tiredblondie,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

We are sorry to hear that you have been incorrectly charged and that a second cheque book was ordered by mistake. Please be assured that an advisor will reply to your query on the Service Desk as soon as possible and will arrange for the charge to be refunded to your account.

Thanks,
    Sarah 

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Thanks Sarah - i presume a joint account cheque book should require two signatures so the one that arrived for the joint account with just my name on it is no good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Thanks Sarah - i presume a joint account cheque book should require two signatures so the one that arrived for the joint account with just my name on it is no good?
    Thanks for your reply.

It would depend whether both of you have permission to sign on the Joint account. This is called Repayable to Either, if you have this on the account then either one of you can sign the cheque and it doesn't need to be both of you.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Hi - i never received any response on this from online banking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi - i never received any response on this from online banking.
    Hi tiredblondie, 

Really sorry that you have not received a reply to your secure message. If you would like for us to look in to this further please PM us the reference number for the "Ask a question" message. To send us a private message click the link under our name.  

If you would like to get a refund for either of the cheque books that were sent out, you can bring them in to your local branch un-used. 

Thanks for your message to us. 
    Darren. 

• Advertisement
Advertisement