Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not The Annoyingly Trivial Things-Bitches be cray cray week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Cat has been in because of storms and balled to go out. finally let her out today and she sits at window balling to be let back in. Go away and chew on some mice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My O/H lives in a hovel in London, because of this he does a lot of voluntary work, his skills are best put into front-line hands-on services.
    This time of year he regularly goes from his 9-5 to his "Station", yesterday he was just coming off a 3 day stretch of this. Conscious of not having spoken since nye and how much stress I'm under atm, he skyped before he went to sleep.
    Conversation went like this,
    O/H put out a grease fire, rescued a cat and delivered a baby(after his job), he loves babies so he was buzzing.
    Me; Mmm, I bought some boots online and accommodation surfed for that work thing. No, haven't gotten my walk yet or done the reading for uni or practice for exams.

TA'ed how bad did I feel in comparison to him being a superhero in his part-time.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Friend has been four hours in a typically two hour surgery, I'm worried sick

The sugery might be two hours but they usually dont include the time spent in recovery suite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Bredabe wrote: »
    Went to a shop local to my friend Christmas eve lunchtime, as expected it was jammed.
    I was in a queue of 3 separate customers, the lady on the till was very competent and good-humored.

The first person paid by card and the till person wished him Happy Christmas as he left,
    the next couple were wearing a dishdasha and hijāb respectively, they were wished a happy new year,
    the third person was obviously known to staff, she paid cash and walked straight over to the floor manager.

Manager came over to take the operator off the till and we had to wait for the replacement operator,
    the reason for this, operator had not said Happy Christmas to the last person.

TA'ed this was given such credence and the rest of us inconvenienced like this.

Properly orderly. Any fule no the correct procedure on encountering anyone wearing a Niqāb, Hijab or Burqa in a shop is to produce a scimitar and scream "La illah il ALLAH!!". :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Friend has been four hours in a typically two hour surgery, I'm worried sick

I'm sure they're fine. They could be in recovery or sometimes they don't actually get seen to for an hour or so after they've been wheeled off.

TA feel a second relapse of a cough coming on. I better have abs of steel by the end of Jan from all the coughing.

Also just sent a WhatsApp to someone that said "how's tit" instead of "how's things"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Is it Lady Emma ? :P

Funny you should say that. I had to fill out an application online the other day and the usual ''Ms, Mrs'' categories were there but there was also the option of ''Lord/Lady'', I was tempted I can tell you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

anna080 wrote: »
    TA feel a second relapse of a cough coming on. I better have abs of steel by the end of Jan from all the coughing.

I've been sick for the past few days and ribs are killing me from all the coughing and puking. (Nice, eh?)

And I've to have minor surgery at the end of the month, and even though it's only an out-patient thing, I could be out of work for 3 weeks.
    anna080 wrote: »
    I just sent a WhatsApp to someone that said "how's tit" instead of "how's things"
    How is tit? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

*narrows eyes*

You've just made the list!

:p

If it's the same list that I'm thinking about; could we invite Anna?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Kivaro wrote: »
    If it's the same list that I'm thinking about; could we invite Anna?

Feeling sooooo left out :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TA3 Misinformation: A story in the media today about how a pregnant employee was discriminated against becuase of the symptoms of her pregnancy and how much she was awareded when it went to court.

A poster who said that pregnancy is a choice and people should be financially prepered for any out come of it.

How in a country where contraception has been freely available since the 80's and the info since the mid 60's, can ppl, like that poster still think pregnancy is always a choice?[/U]

That aside, comments like those make my work with teens so much harder, as they'll beleve they dont need contraception and just choosing or not to become pregnant is the real contraception.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Funny you should say that. I had to fill out an application online the other day and the usual ''Ms, Mrs'' categories were there but there was also the option of ''Lord/Lady'', I was tempted I can tell you :pac:

So were you going to go full on play pretend and put in Lady MacBeth? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

erica74 wrote: »
    So were you going to go full on play pretend and put in Lady MacBeth? :pac:

I was tempted to put in my real name after lady, just so they'd think I had an actual title, though I guess people probably bullsh1t them all the time with that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I was tempted to put in my real name after lady, just so they'd think I had an actual title, though I guess people probably bullsh1t them all the time with that :P

Sure how would they find out? It's not like you can just ask a Lord or Lady if they actually are a Lord or Lady! That would be terribly uncouth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Ugh the hangover is real.
    Went out with former work girls thinking it would be tame enough before one of them goes back to Canada. Went to DNA (formerly Karma, where we used to go loads) and were a decade older than everyone else but still fun.
    Then the dreaded house boozing til 6am. It was brilliant though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sweet beautiful drunk talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Ran a bath and got in. The water was ice cold!!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

My friend is ok thank goodness. Thanks for the reassurance guys x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The fact that I've been tasked with taking down the office xmas tree purely because I'm a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    The fact that I've been tasked with taking down the office xmas tree purely because I'm a woman.

Who put it up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Who put it up?

I was also blessed with that task. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

People.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I wasn't able to eat properly today. I had an apple, half a packet of crisps, and half of a (lovely) chicken roll. Just couldn't eat. And I'm a big lad.
    I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Dare I say it.........Cheaper to pay a woman to do it :cool:
    Or it's Nollaig na mBan so only apt a woman should do it

Im away now logging off, not reading the comments that come after this.:D

oh George Hook back on the wireless tomorrow too..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

People who gawk at you rudely in the street.
    Fcuk off you nosey cnut :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When my missus books us flights, she sometimes books me in as Dr.
    My worst fear is that on a flight I'll be asked to help with a medical issue with a passenger.

I do have some responses ready though:
    'Sorry, I'm a love doctor'
    'Sorry, I'm a computer doctor, is the passenger a robot?'
    'Sure, get me hot water and towels, how far is she dilated?'

TA - There are kids playing upstairs, I spent ages yesterday getting the room they are in tidied up and clean. I can feel them undoing my hard work and know that I'll have to do it all again later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Brilliant :D

Ta my room is freezing!

I was also blessed with that task. :rolleyes:

He who smelt it, dealt it.

Ya putz it up, ya takez it down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Who the heck is sawing at 9 o' clock at night... :mad:

And while I'm here that moronic Godforsaken tui Ad or whatever it is... That Song is forever gonna be stuck in my brain now it's never gonna leave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just painted my nails and I've just noticed a smudge and a little white dog hair running through one of them. :rolleyes:
    Watching tv with my sister "omg is he dead", "what'll happen now?" "Why did he do that?"
    I know as much as you please shut up!!

• Advertisement

The sawing stopped for about 15/20 minutes and just started up again. Have a feeling they're gonna be at it through the night...

Yayyy we have some drilling now too.

Stoopid-shagging-arsing poxy mofo Bulb slipped out of my hand this morning when I needed to replace a light and was in a rush to get out the door to work. Smashed to smithereens on me Kitchen-floor. :mad::(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    When my missus books us flights, she sometimes books me in as Dr.
    My worst fear is that on a flight I'll be asked to help with a medical issue with a passenger.

TA - There are kids playing upstairs, I spent ages yesterday getting the room they are in tidied up and clean. I can feel them undoing my hard work and know that I'll have to do it all again later.

Reminds me of a few years back, the mrs wanted a posh handbag only available in Selfridges. The list of Mr, mrs etc included Brigadeer, colonel etc I said this is not for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Reminds me of a few years back, the mrs wanted a posh handbag only available in Selfridges. The list of Mr, mrs etc included Brigadeer, colonel etc I said this is not for me!

Somewhat ironic in view of your username!

TA-I was bidding on ebay for some phones, got 2 emails to say a bid had been retracted/cancelled and I was now the high bidder. How does this happen? The bids were from the same person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Some guy on my street keeps putting Christmas lights on his tree despite my cutting the wires several times.
    So annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Nawful headache.

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote: »
    Some guy on my street keeps putting Christmas lights on his tree despite my cutting the wires several times.
    So annoying.

Look who's being nasty now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Look who's being nasty now.

I missed the Ninja edit, but Kleenex?

TA, posters who can give it but not take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Somewhat ironic in view of your username!

TA-I was bidding on ebay for some phones, got 2 emails to say a bid had been retracted/cancelled and I was now the high bidder. How does this happen? The bids were from the same person.

I'm from the ranks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,262 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Following on from the TA of people incorrectly using quote tags, that happens and sometimes I can muster an understanding.

However, when a conversation continues and people CONTINUE to quote each other, without anyone fixing the original broken quote tag, well that's just inexcusable.

You know Natale Cole's "Miss You Like Crazy"?

Now sing it as "Bitches Be Cray Cray".

A little annoyed that I will never think of it as "Miss You Like Crazy", ever again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You know Natale Cole's "Miss You Like Crazy"?

Now sing it as "Bitches Be Cray Cray".

A little annoyed that I will never think of it as "Miss You Like Crazy", ever again...

A slight variant is the classic break up song.

"Bitch! You like crazy!!"

Usually sang during the actual breakup.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

People who won’t shut the fook up on the bus. There was 3 people on the phone at the same time yesterday. 3.

I often fantasise about having a big remote, and I’ll press on a big red button and all the phones just reboot at the same time. They wouldn’t be able to say anything because really, a remote that kills phones? That’s just cray-cray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

TA'd at myself because I keep opening threads on refugees, travellers, crime, social welfare, homelessness etc.
    AH has become worse than the comments section of The Journal for blatant racism, xenophobia, lack of compassion, wannabe vigilanteism and general fascist thought.

Don't open that thread, it will only annoy you.
    Don't. Don't.
    Doh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,262 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

TA'd that the above post is having more of a pop at AH than having a TA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When someone that used to be sound finds a new partner and starts acting like a total prick because that's sure to impress her

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭21Savage

They are a subdued people. They never even had a revolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

I think I've lost my kids birthday money. Had 2 envelopes and brought it out the other day, they each bought a book and I remember constantly checking my back pocket to make sure they were still there.
    We went to cinema then and about 2 days later it dawned on me I forgot about them and checked the jeans they were in. Have searched so much for them. Gutted. Still hopeful I'll find them in the washing or somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

I think I've lost my kids birthday money. Had 2 envelopes and brought it out the other day, they each bought a book and I remember constantly checking my back pocket to make sure they were still there.
    We went to cinema then and about 2 days later it dawned on me I forgot about them and checked the jeans they were in. Have searched so much for them. Gutted. Still hopeful I'll find them in the washing or somewhere

Fingers crossed for you, hate when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Day 6 of no smoking. It's tough going, but really trying my best this time. If I can stay away from cans or pints for a while I just might be able to do it. The second I open a can or lift a pint to my lips, I want to light up a smoke. It's a very bad habit I need to break. Is anyone else like this?
    Put on half a stone since mid December. Feel like a whale, don't need the belt on the jeans. Some drastic changes in diet ahead. Two that I need to follow are
    1. Don't eat crap when hungry. Eat something decent. Crisps will not fill you.
    2. Stop eating late at night.

It’s cold in west London

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement