Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not The Annoyingly Trivial Things-Bitches be cray cray week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,485 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Would you not just use a kettle of warm water?
    The Monday blues. Yuk.
    Oh good one.

People who use water to defrost cars and leave a nice sheet of black ice for the next person that come along. Spent a few hours in A&E before Christmas for this very reason...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

73Cat wrote: »
    What a complete gobsh1te. I have no time for anyone that behaves like that.

My TA, first day back at school and the traffic lights / green man not working to cross the road :(

He probably only saw the small car and the L plates and thought he'd try act the git.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

TheChizler wrote: »
    Oh good one.

People who use water to defrost cars and leave a nice sheet of black ice for the next person that come along. Spent a few hours in A&E before Christmas for this very reason...

The next person as in, the person who lives with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Waiting for my 2nd appointment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,706 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

People who throw cigarette butts out of cars really bugs me, they prob dont even think they are littering.

If it happened at traffic lights, my brother used to hop out of his car, pick up the butt, drop it back into their lap with a 'sorry, I think you dropped something' comment, then hop back into his car and drive off as they flapped around looking for the yoke that is burning their loins.
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Or littered all around the entrance to a building. Dirt birds

Get on to the company involved, or the building owners, or the local litter warden - just not acceptable to let this keep happening.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    The next person as in, the person who lives with you?
    Whoever happens to walk on that driveway/road/footpath next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

We brought little BoBandy up to a playground yesterday (Ardgillan Castle, so it's high up, exposed and close to the sea, so, bit nippy and it was quite windy) (Ardgillan Castle is spectacular by the way).

Most of the parents were wrapped up like they were preparing for an Arctic expedition*, yet half their kids were running around in t-shirts or jumpers, no hats nothing! All sharing & swapping their respective bugs and infections with each other, just in time for school today!!

*of course there were a few bearded hipsters wearing shorts, a t-shirt and a hat!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The company that one of my girls works for introduced a uniform(for H&S reasons).
    Its a trouser suit as its a better fit for the job.

TA the staff still "slagging" my girl for being a tomboy, cause she wears trousers all the time anyway.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

My old gripe raises its head again.

It's a dull, overcast day and IMO all cars should have lights on, especially white and grey cars. I nearly always drive with lights on, I don't need to told. What's the fcuk is wrong with people driving around and seeing all the other cars have lights on....does it not cross their mind to switch on? Or do they just think the rest of us are idiots

Oh, if you are fortunate enough to have a newer car with daytime running lights...remember .this only applies to the front of your vehicle .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just when I think I'm getting over whatever dose I have it hits me again and I feel like I've been ran over. Not sure if this is the same virus reoccurring over and over or several different ones but I'm so over being sick.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The date for my course has been changed to the 29th, bit disappointed, was ready to go and get started....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

http://vipmagazine.ie/irish-bloggers-vow-to-end-online-bullying/

So Sue me is apparently sensitive after being called out for editing her photos with seagulls in it....hardly think it's bullying to point out that pics are photoshopped?

I have yet to come across a blogger that wasn't an self absorbed , complete pain in the hole.
    They aren’t being bullied. Big word to use, belittles people who actually have been seriously bullied in their lives. These influencers never had the initiative to do something like this until they felt their social media platforms being threatened. Too little too late. Grow a pair.

Like every Z list celebrity on the planet, they're turning a few comments into a "hater campaign" and are going to act like they're "actually really sending out a message to those with no voice that this is not okay" while getting themselves publicity and views and likes and a Late Late Show appearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

erica74 wrote: »
    Like every Z list celebrity on the planet, they're turning a few comments into a "hater campaign" and are going to act like they're "actually really sending out a message to those with no voice that this is not okay" while getting themselves publicity and views and likes and a Late Late Show appearance.

You are sailing dangerously three-sheets-to-Hate-Speech, chungwan. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The metal seats at railway stations. I was in Waterford station earlier, me bum nearly stuck to the seat. I overheard an old fella on the train telling his friend " IT nearly fell off in the station", the two of them roaring laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Your Face wrote: »
    Apparently I was too slow pulling off at the lights early this morning.

A taxi really close behind me beeped, over took me at the junction and squeezed in on front of me at speed.

He then jammed on the breaks as he was going too fast to deal with the bend we were on then.

Did I mention the roads were frosty this morning?

He was probably brake checking you, drivers like that seem to think it's a great idea. Imagine if you accidentally drove into the back of one of these eejits and they ended up seriously injured?! It's all fun and games until that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The self-importance of Hollywood.

Let's all wear black in "solidarity" (incidentally the most annoying over-used words in recent years) for those who were sexually assaulted/harassed in the industry. Ignore the fact that it was self-inflicted scandal caused by so many people remaining silent for so long out of fear they would be black-listed from the very same industry.

Last year it was Trump. This year it's Weinstein etc. What's next? Let's make Leitrim great again??

They should focus on trying to improve the overall quality of their product rather than their "flavour of the month" social justice campaigns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Drank too much coffee and have the shakes. Lost a sales deal at work that I hoped would've come through today. Straddling two roles in the office at the moment and don't know where to start when I come in each morning. TA TA TA HATE MONDAYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I keep reading the title of the "Misuse of Disabled Parking Badges" thread as "Mouse of Disabled Parking Badges". Every. Bloody. Time.

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/8/86/Mouse_on_a_wheelchair_S1E22.png/revision/latest?cb=20130829154119

This dental work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

sharts.

I had a heavy day down the boozer yesterday and let rip on my way to work this morning.

I had to go home and change my bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The first pack of Hobnobs with dark choc I've had in years.

Don't like them at all, nothing like they used to be.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

TA , my mothers new doctor is way too organised, all her prescriptions were correct and ready on time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

This dental work

In this cold weather, not nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Having to do things that you don't want to do but knowing you have to do it or you could get yourself into an awful lot of bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

KatW4 wrote:
    Having to do things that you don't want to do but knowing you have to do it or you could get yourself into an awful lot of bother.

Go and brush your teeth! And then straight to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Go and brush your teeth! And then straight to bed.

Yes mammy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TA'd at this f**pin anxiety! Trying to watch Stranger Things. Not scared but so jumpy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Maggie Marie

Christmas lights still up by the neighbors.

TAed I’m awake.

Happy it’s now my birthday tho!

Too early for cake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When it's almost 3am, can't sleep for sh1t and wonder why when my Spotify playlist is full of tiesto, showtek, Ben Nicky, konmak etc
    I'm ready to PARTAY. It's 02:43 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

It's a disgusting day out there. That stupid misty rain that absolutely destroys my hair ughhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the person who starts off all their emails to me with Hey. for some reason it really annoys me. what the hell is wrong with Hi?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

the person who starts off all their emails to me with Hey. for some reason it really annoys me. what the hell is wrong with Hi?

I blame the Scandinavians... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

The wee one has started waking up nearly every hour at night having previously settled into a relatively ok sleeping pattern. In work with eyes like two piss holes in the snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TAed I’m awake.

Happy it’s now my birthday tho!

Too early for cake?

Breithla Shona dhuit, NollagShona :)

TA , so much to do today and I would much rather crawl back into bed with my book and a scaldy mug of tae :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've opened 4 packets of tablets of the past few days (both prescription and off the shelf) and every time, no matter whether I open them from the top or bottom/left or right, the stupid information leaflet is always there to block my access to the drugs! I must have wasted about 8 or 9 seconds of my life in total with those 4 packets! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The taste coffee leaves in your mouth once you've finished it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

The dog next door passed away over the Christmas. I really miss the stupid fcuker.

TA , I miss him barking at the birds, me , the sky etc.

I'll be ok , I have my own JRT for stupid stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Christmas lights still up by the neighbors.

They are not still up. They're just up early for next year😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I saw a plastic Ballygowan bottle in the clear glass recycling bank. Who does that ?

• Advertisement

Moving furniture and dropped a really heavy metal thing that was way too heavy down on my foot and broke my toenail. Not a big deal you may think but I have a phobia of my toes and won't even cut my own unbroken toenails so I can't even bring myself to take off my shoe to look how bad it is but know it's bad because a)it was heavy as **** when I dropped it and b) I can feel it throbbing and catching on my shoe. I have a limp.

Stupid toes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Red noses and antlers on cars still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Owta Control

Moving furniture and dropped a really heavy metal thing that was way too heavy down on my foot and broke my toenail. Not a big deal you may think but I have a phobia of my toes and won't even cut my own unbroken toenails so I can't even bring myself to take off my shoe to look how bad it is but know it's bad because a)it was heavy as **** when I dropped it and b) I can feel it throbbing and catching on my shoe. I have a limp.

Stupid toes.

I have a friend who is the exact same and my TS is it's a phobia I don't get :)
    ...she actually starts to gag if she sees someone's bare feet...so every so often I send her WhatsApps of my bare foot :D

Oh no that's manky I can tolerate other people's feet if they're not deformed or manky just my own and esp my toenails I'd actually puke if I had to cut my own toenails

Oh no that's manky I can tolerate other people's feet if they're not deformed or manky just my own and esp my toenails I'd actually puke if I had to cut my own toenails

I'm not phobic about it, but some people's feet are in shocking condition. Awful. I don't know how they can stand to have the things attached to them. Fungus-infested toenails are a particular bug-bear of mine, pure fuckin' filth. Both Woman and I have nice, attractive feet, even if I say so myself.

I have webbed toes, not even lying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Owta Control

I have webbed toes, not even lying

That's quackers!!

Chinese containers thrown in the food waste bin which have to be picked out by hand.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Chinese containers thrown in the food waste bin which have to be picked out by hand.

:confused:

slider3-600x300.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Valentine's cards in the shops already. Do people really buy them the minute Christmas is over?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement