Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not The Annoyingly Trivial Things-Bitches be cray cray week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I've been away for the weekend. The house looks like it's been turned over by a band of anti-laundry fairies, a dust and dog hair whirlwind coupled with a dishwasher allergic gremlin.

My laptop which in all fairness is pretty aged (in electronic terms) has brought up a/the blue screen of doom. Needless to say it is not backed up.... Send a prayer up to the patron Saint of electronics for me please. I promise I'll make backups in future. Cross my Heart.

My parents were here today for a short while about 1.5 hours. They had taken the children for the weekend cos I was away and hubby had work. They were kind enough to drop them back to us to save me driving a 3+hr round trip after my course. Hubby stayed on his computer, got up showered and then got ready to go out. Now he didn't ignore my parents and I know that he was doing college work but it was nothing that was on an immediate deadline. I have asked him before to stay off the bloody computer when my parents visit. I find it very rude and I imagine that my parents think it even more so. The fact that he *had* to get whatever done so that he could go out despite being out Friday night with the lads and out with me for dinner last night. He could have waited 'til my parents left, finished his assignment and gone out a bit later. He's a complete ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Restaurant/bar floor staff who ignore customers as too busy chitty chatting. Happened twice this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I have one of those Magic Tree air fresheners in my work veehickle. Someone gave it to me. It's been hanging there for at least a year if not two with just the top poking out of the plastic bag, no scent out if it whatsoever. For some reason today I decided to take the rest of the plastic off. Now it's reeking of 'Black Ice' I left it there for now but I'd say the bin is calling.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

*looks at time*
    Still awake and school in 6 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

The sound of a suitcase being pulled along the footpath.... eeeeek.....

*looks at time*
    Still awake and school in 5 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

jonnycivic wrote: »
    People opening and closing threads on forums really annoy the hell out of me :pac:

Coming into an AH thread and seeing that there's been a new mod appointment which you've missed and not had chance to put that person on ignore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

It's raining in Beijing. So bored. I've read all the internet - twice

*looks at time*
    Still awake and school in 4 hours

*looks at time*
    Still awake and school in 3 hours. And I can't find a tie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The noise/alarm my fridge makes when the door is left open for an extended period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Charlie19 wrote: »
    The noise/alarm my fridge makes when the door is left open for an extended period.
    Yes! This!

On Saturday evening I cooked a pizza and was rooting through the fridge for different sauces to have on the side. As my fridge was full and I'm indecisive it was taking a few minutes. DINGDINGDINGDINGDING. Had to close it and open it up again. Still considering my options, off it goes again. Every time it goes off I feel like a naughty child being scolded by my mother for having my head stuck in the fridge again.

TA: there's a bee or something in my room and it's buzzing around I feel like knocking him out, so loud and annoying

*looks at time*
    Why am I in school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Maybe get off boards and you'd sleep!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

The so called unlimited drinks deal the travel agency sold me with my cruise !!!!. That includes noting that me or the girlfriend drink !!!!. If you wont a bottle of beer that's extra !!!, A shot of branded vodka that's extra, Engry drink that's extra as well.

Same as the unlimited WiFi that i was sold !!!!. Only includes wait for it 250MB !!!!!! for 7 nights !!!!!.

FML what a waste of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Ugh monday. :mad::rolleyes::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Day 1 of the hostage situation. Eugh.

Red wine and vodka seediness that doesn't have the balls to be a proper hangover.

Forgetting how to socialize and looking at my co-workers with a blank stare when they talk to me, after spending two days out in the wilderness with my dog and not seeing another person.

Forgetting how to adult after two days of not being accountable.

Miss my dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

TA: there's a bee or something in my room and it's buzzing around I feel like knocking him out, so loud and annoying

TA'd b/c

my missus laughs at me because I cant stay in a room where there is definitely an insect. It has to be murdered or the room has to be quarantined until it dies by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA at the general shallowness and sordidness of a lot of people. I can see why some people say they hate people and prefer animals although it is a bit extreme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

All the news outlets saying that there's a heatwave on the way with temperatures to reach the mid-20s ... surely it'd have to be at least another 10 degrees on top of that to actually be considered a heatwave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Ugh monday. :mad::rolleyes::(

This. Can barely get the motivation to utter more than a grunt at my workmates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

All the news outlets saying that there's a heatwave on the way with temperatures to reach the mid-20s ... surely it'd have to be at least another 10 degrees on top of that to actually be considered a heatwave?

Irish people do get a little over excited when a bit of heat comes our way, enjoy it folks

And also that it is only forecast up to Friday. Sure what' the feckin point of a heatwave when you have to work anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

OldNotWIse wrote:
    And also that it is only forecast up to Friday. Sure what' the feckin point of a heatwave when you have to work anyway.

Mt giving another slight increase in temperatures for next week to, so........

I hate the wording the media use, when describing celebrities.

They always 'jet' in to somewhere, they dont fly, like the rest of us.

Tall women are described as leggy, or as having 'impossibly long legs'

Their hair, often described as ' glossy locks or tress's'
    or if they are photographed poolside, the reporter describe their stomachs as ' toned'

The women, when at events, are usually described as 'stunning' (even when they are not)

Just utter shyte talk :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I say trivial - but it has been the cause of countless rows in my house!

I refuse point blank to sleep if my feet aren't under the duvet - my missus yanks the duvet up around her head, leeving my poor piggy wiggies to die of hypothermia for all she cares.
    To counteract her ice cold selfishness, I have taken to tucking the duvet in at the end of the bed and wedging it in between the footboard and the mattress with a dressing gown.

Apparently my doing this, all the while effing and blinding, wakes the baby:mad:

Also - little tip for all you fathers out there - "Does the baby pay the fúcking mortgage" is apparently not the right thing to say to a hormonal mother when you wake a baby at 3 am in a fit of cold toed pique!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I refuse point blank to sleep if my feet aren't under the duvet - my missus yanks the duvet up around her head, leeving my poor piggy wiggies to die of hypothermia for all she cares.
    To counteract her ice cold selfishness, I have taken to tucking the duvet in at the end of the bed and wedging it in between the footboard and the mattress with a dressing gown.

Apparently my doing this, all the while effing and blinding, wakes the baby:mad:

Also - little tip for all you fathers out there - "Does the baby pay the fúcking mortgage" is apparently not the right thing to say to a hormonal mother when you wake a baby at 3 am in a fit of cold toed pique!:)

The continentals often have two separate duvets to avoid these unpleasant middle of the night situations. Might be worth considering?

TA at my absolute inability not to be an utter ditz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

You know the way they have L-shaped sheets in the movies so that you can't see a woman's boobs in an after-sex scene? You should get an L-shaped duvet :pac:

Youtube searches. Hate when you start typing in what you want and it gives you a search suggestion that sounds perfect, but when you click on it no such video exists, Don't go getting my hopes up, youtube!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

maudgonner wrote: »
    Youtube searches. Hate when you start typing in what you want and it gives you a search suggestion that sounds perfect, but when you click on it no such video exists, Don't go getting my hopes up, youtube!

Drives me up the wall :mad:
    I wonder does it mean that the video did exist on there but had to be removed for possible copyright infringements!

When you are standing at a bus stop and a bus (not yours) pulls in and everybody on it sits staring out at you. Fúck off would ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I have to drive the majority of the m50 and back later on

TA that the LUAS disruption this morning meant I had to take a bus. In itself that doesn't bother me too much but I did have to park somewhere else to take the bus so now my TA is that if the problem is resolved between now and home time, I will have to pay a fare to go back to where my car is parked because the problem will no longer exist and DB will no longer have to honour tickets. Major TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Ta that I have typed up a number of posts over the weekend to this and other threads but none of them posted. Will see if this works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ta that I have typed up a number of posts over the weekend to this and other threads but none of them posted. Will see if this works.

Nope, must be something wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The fact that it's 25c and sunny out and I'm stuck at my desk. Gah, let me get some sunshine!

People thinking I am a diva simply because I am trying to make sure my lunch is meat free. I hate divas, and I despise as much as the rest of us people who are all "oh my sandwich has to be cut a certain way and can you hold the oxygen on that and can I have a shake of chia seeds" etc. but sometimes staff just make it so difficult. I wanted a wrap and simply asked that a clean board and knife be used because the existing ones were smeared with chicken tika. You'd swear I had asked for him to lick the soles of his own shoes ffs. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People thinking I am a diva simply because I am trying to make sure my lunch is meat free. I hate divas, and I despise as much as the rest of us people who are all "oh my sandwich has to be cut a certain way and can you hold the oxygen on that and can I have a shake of chia seeds" etc. but sometimes staff just make it so difficult. I wanted a wrap and simply asked that a clean board and knife be used because the existing ones were smeared with chicken tika. You'd swear I had asked for him to lick the soles of his own shoes ffs. :mad:

I hate onions and once had to ask an attendant to remove and put on other gloves as they were literally scooping piles of onions with them before going to grab some bread to make my sandwich :(

everlast75 wrote: »
    I hate onions and once had to ask an attendant to remove and put on other gloves as they were literally scooping piles of onions with them before going to grab some bread to make my sandwich :(

The gloves are another thing! Actually the guy that was working on assembling the wrap had such a sour puss on him that when he asked the girl beside him to fold the wrap because he couldn't, I didn't even bother asking her to change her gloves as there probably would have been a meltdown.

They probably had a great bítching session after about how demanding vegetarians are. Guess what - we are only as demanding as your inconsideration forces us to be!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TA'd that Boom Bap is secretly Ali G and I didn't know about til now.

giphy.gif

The gloves are another thing! Actually the guy that was working on assembling the wrap had such a sour puss on him that when he asked the girl beside him to fold the wrap because he couldn't, I didn't even bother asking her to change her gloves as there probably would have been a meltdown.

They probably had a great bítching session after about how demanding vegetarians are. Guess what - we are only as demanding as your inconsideration forces us to be!
    I dip in and out of being vegetarian. I only really eat chicken and that could be once or twice a week. Don't eat beef or lamb, haven't for years. Used to eat ham and sausages before I got vivienne, but he's really mean so sometimes when I go to my favourite noodle place I'll have my noodles with crispy pork belly (and don't feel bad because he'd eat me given half the chance) but that could be maybe 5 times in a year. The rest of the time it's just chicken and even at that I could go off it for months.

I have a close friend in Canada who slags me relentlessly and calls me a hippy. He makes many arguements why I should eat more meat and if I complain about not being well at all he says if I ate meat I'd feel better.

So the last time we met and went out for food, the first time he brought me to the only restaurant he knew that had a decent veg menu and the second evening it was more casual, we went to a regular restaurant and there wasn't anything nice on the menu and rather than make a thing out of it I said I'd just order potatoes and gravy. He made an absolute show of me when the waitress came back asking about the meat free options then said we were gonna leave it and he brought me to another place to eat.

Out of everyone I'd have expected him to be a dick about it but he was more outraged about poor selection than I was.

My TA: I have psoriasis and it's getting really bad the past few weeks. It's moved from just topical to being in my index finger, my right foot and my left elbow. Who knew it affects joints. I feel decrepit

• Advertisement

I dip in and out of being vegetarian. I only really eat chicken and that could be once or twice a week. Don't eat beef or lamb, haven't for years. Used to eat ham and sausages before I got vivienne, but he's really mean so sometimes when I go to my favourite noodle place I'll have my noodles with crispy pork belly (and don't feel bad because he'd eat me given half the chance) but that could be maybe 5 times in a year. The rest of the time it's just chicken and even at that I could go off it for months.

I have a close friend in Canada who slags me relentlessly and calls me a hippy. He makes many arguements why I should eat more meat and if I complain about not being well at all he says if I ate meat I'd feel better.

So the last time we met and went out for food, the first time he brought me to the only restaurant he knew that had a decent veg menu and the second evening it was more casual, we went to a regular restaurant and there wasn't anything nice on the menu and rather than make a thing out of it I said I'd just order potatoes and gravy. He made an absolute show of me when the waitress came back asking about the meat free options then said we were gonna leave it and he brought me to another place to eat.

Out of everyone I'd have expected him to be a dick about it but he was more outraged about poor selection than I was.

My TA: I have psoriasis and it's getting really bad the past few weeks. It's moved from just topical to being in my index finger, my right foot and my left elbow. Who knew it affects joints. I feel decrepit

Gravy is not vegetarian.

TA I want to use some of my hundreds of hours of flexi time to leave at a reasonable hour today (i.e. before 6) but feel like I can't because nobody else in my section does :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

A friend got eczema behind his eye.

Skin conditions are a definite TA. I had eczema on my hands and I have the hands of a washerwoman.

Gravy is not vegetarian.

TA I want to use some of my hundreds of hours of flexi time to leave at a reasonable hour today (i.e. before 6) but feel like I can't because nobody else in my section does :(
    :D some of it is, you can even get vegan gravy!
    Besides I'm not a real vegetarian, sometimes I don't feel like eating animal flesh but I don't mind eating skittles.

TA: when you can control your own working hours people think that means you can basically suit them and work around their hours. "Lets meet for a chat. Wednesday. I'm working at 5 though so it'll have to be before that." Well I'm in work until 7 on Wednesday "yeah but you're the boss". Wtf like, doesn't mean I've time to be sitting making small talk with you cause youve nothing better to be at

Psoriatic arthritis :(

It's horrible :(

Jigging my leg. It's driving me insane.

Psoriatic arthritis :(

It's horrible :(
    Do you have it?!? Have you any tips on what makes it bearable?! (Not medical advice) I used to only ever have it on my scalp (11 years) but since dad died it's got so bad. It's on my ears and in my ear canal, belly button, behind my ears, neck, my eyes. Elbows, patches on my legs and hip. Now I'm not destroyed in it it's just patches I'd say not even noticeable to anyone else but now it's in my fingers and elbow and foot and it's a new thing. At least I've steroid stuff to out on the skin

:D some of it is, you can even get vegan gravy!
    Besides I'm not a real vegetarian, sometimes I don't feel like eating animal flesh but I don't mind eating skittles.

TA: when you can control your own working hours people think that means you can basically suit them and work around their hours. "Lets meet for a chat. Wednesday. I'm working at 5 though so it'll have to be before that." Well I'm in work until 7 on Wednesday "yeah but you're the boss". Wtf like, doesn't mean I've time to be sitting making small talk with you cause youve nothing better to be at

People are either vegetarian or they're not. It's not so much that you're not a "real vegetarian" - you're just not a vegetarian :) I know there are veggie gravies - given the other things you mentioned about the establishment in the context of vegetarian options, I doubt that this was the case.

TA the office has become really quiet and paranoid ONW thinks everyone has snuck off for icebergers...or cider :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I need a wee but I can't be arsed to go.

I am ravenous but there's nothing I want to eat.

Coffee always leaves a bitter taste in my mouth afterwards. Nobody else seems to get this.

Waiting for my holiday and the days are dragging.
    The last few months flew in, now time's moving so slowly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Lights that have two different switches meaning on is always in the on position when though the light is off.

I thought I was the only person who found this annoying. If somebody comes into my gaf and switches the nearest light switch I get very stressed and have to switch the other olight switch and then the one that person has pressed again. I worried I might have OCD but really don't think I do as it's just the light switch that does that to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Gonna have to work from home because Monday has been about as productive as a hole in the head and I've a big-ass meeting tomorrow. :mad::mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement