Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not The Annoyingly Trivial Things-Bitches be cray cray week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bloody My Meteor website has been down for the past week or so, I've no credit at the moment and can't avail of the web text. :mad:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

My TA is attention seeking on social media, on forums, in real life, I just absolutely hate it so much.
    OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The gloves are another thing! Actually the guy that was working on assembling the wrap had such a sour puss on him that when he asked the girl beside him to fold the wrap because he couldn't, I didn't even bother asking her to change her gloves as there probably would have been a meltdown.

They probably had a great bítching session after about how demanding vegetarians are. Guess what - we are only as demanding as your inconsideration forces us to be!

And the sour puss and the huffing and puffing just ruins the whole experience of having someone else make your lunch. It's so bloody annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Idle chit chat in the office.

Grand weather now.

Yeah it's to be good all week.

Hope it lasts til the weekend.

Ah sure at least we'll be off anyway.

Yea, wishing our lives away, we are.

That's it.

I've had more enlightening conversations with the automated recording in Irish Rail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Jeans with rips on the knees. Putting them on earlier, well didn't I put my foot through the knee hole and rip them all the way down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

anna080 wrote: »
    Jeans with rips on the knees. Putting them on earlier, well didn't I put my foot through the knee hole and rip them all the way down.

Chuckle, sorry :D Done the exact same thing with a pair of ripped jeans last week.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I don't like complaining of boredom, I'm good at finding ways to fill time/be productive but I can't do anything I want to do, for medical reasons. I can't even drive because of my painkillers. I hate being inactive. Another three or four weeks of it, at the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Lexie I'm with you on the psoriasis and psoriatric arthritis rant ... I'm riddled with both. My arm has been falling off me for the past several months, I've been mostly ignoring it and hoping it goes away, but I'm going to see the GP this week ... just don't want him to confirm what I already know, i.e. that there's feck all I can do. I'm 31. Arthritis. :( Not cool.

Men who are very full of themselves. ''I think about running away with you sometimes..I know you sometimes think about it too'' um, no. The last time you crossed my mind was when I was wondering exactly how much weed it takes to make someone to come out with that much horses***e..

I'm very mean lately, that TA's me as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Do you have it?!? Have you any tips on what makes it bearable?! (Not medical advice) I used to only ever have it on my scalp (11 years) but since dad died it's got so bad. It's on my ears and in my ear canal, belly button, behind my ears, neck, my eyes. Elbows, patches on my legs and hip. Now I'm not destroyed in it it's just patches I'd say not even noticeable to anyone else but now it's in my fingers and elbow and foot and it's a new thing. At least I've steroid stuff to out on the skin

I have Psoriasis since I was 6. Body and scalp since I was 6 but my body scales disappeared around 12. I tried the whole Cocois and Coal tar routine but in the end it's just a money spinner imo.

Psoriasis took over my toenails around 18 and is currently threatening my fingernails. I have 1 patch in my thumbnail for the last few years that recedes in summer time and grows in winter so I reckon sunlight has some effect on it.

As for managing it, diet is key according to most sources. Eliminate red meat, dairy, bread and processed sugar and swap in lots of green vegatables.

Pure sunlight can help but not sunbeds.

As for over the counter stuff, Betnovate is all that ever did anything for me. I had a visible red line under my fringe all through my youth and it removed it completely.

TA'd that I heard an ad for a new over the counter treatment on Radio 1 a few days ago but I was in company and didn't want to turn up the radio for fear of outing myself as a sufferer and all the gawking and awkward question that inevitably follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Schwiiing wrote: »
    I have Psoriasis since I was 6. Body and scalp since I was 6 but my body scales disappeared around 12. I tried the whole Cocois and Coal tar routine but in the end it's just a money spinner imo.

Psoriasis took over my toenails around 18 and is currently threatening my fingernails. I have 1 patch in my thumbnail for the last few years that recedes in summer time and grows in winter so I reckon sunlight has some effect on it.

As for managing it, diet is key according to most sources. Eliminate red meat, dairy, bread and processed sugar and swap in lots of green vegatables.

Pure sunlight can help but not sunbeds.

As for over the counter stuff, Betnovate is all that ever did anything for me. I had a visible red line under my fringe all through my youth and it removed it completely.

TA'd that I heard an ad for a new over the counter treatment on Radio 1 a few days ago but I was in company and didn't want to turn up the radio for fear of outing myself as a sufferer and all the gawking and awkward question that inevitably follow.

i find nizoral shampoo very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Just another treatment. TA's that there's the brains out there to cure but too much money is being made in treatments.

Idle chit chat in the office.

Grand weather now.

Yeah it's to be good all week.

Hope it lasts til the weekend.

Ah sure at least we'll be off anyway.

Yea, wishing our lives away, we are.

That's it.

I've had more enlightening conversations with the automated recording in Irish Rail.

I hate that chitter chatter in the office.
    I used to work with a woman who would literally talk through everything as she was doing it
    "oh I'll write that down"
    "just need my pen"
    "oh where did I put my pen?"
    "oh there it is"
    "oh the phone is ringing"
    "better answer that"

Literally all day long. Infuriating.
    And one thing in particular that drove me mad was, everyday she would come up for her break and ask "is the kettle just boiled?" and everyday I would reply, "I have no idea" and yet she would continue to ask everyday.

I don't understand jeans with rips. I don't want to have to shave my legs just to wear jeans:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

how i nearly always overstuff my wraps/sandwiches,and how the deli always seem to do a better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭MySandwich

All those No Context.... Pages popping up on Facebook, they were never that funny to begin with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

:( had a minor ankle operation end of march to have plates and pins removed. Was extremely slow to heal and the physio questioned last week why it was still swollen and bruised. I guess i just don't heal very quickly.

Anyway apart from swelling/bruising there's nothing wrong with it. I left a big 5litre bottle of water next to my bed and when I swung my leg out to get up I whacked the really sensitive side off the top of the bottle. It sounds like nothing but it felt like I'd cut it pretty bad. It's throbbing so bad the pains the whole way up my leg. It feels hot and sore to move.

It's grand like just obviously hit a tender spot but I'm so annoyed I feel like kicking the bottle up and down the stairs. Don't know why I was stupid enough to leave it there. How can a bottle even hurt its plastic

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

When the FedEx tracking website tells me that there was an attempted delivery on a package I'm waiting on and that "the card left on your doorstep will tell you how and when to collect it", but there's no card, and I got no call from a delivery man :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Gotvthe student price at my gym so a years membership for 250eur.
    TA that I'm now a gym member. I expect every Chinese takeaway (once a week or less) will be telling me to put down the fork and do a spinning class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

This evening I witnessed an able bodied woman, 30s roughly ,park in a disabled space nearest the door of a Lidl supermarket. Within 30 mins the same woman parked in the closest space to the door of the Super Valu. This was also a disabled bay. Couldn't believe it. She might as well drive the car through the doors and into the shops if she's that insistent on getting as close to the shop doors. Fair enough its not on public property. There were plenty empty spaces around on both occasions.
    A week tied into a wheelchair might induce a bit of cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

This evening I witnessed an able bodied woman, 30s roughly ,park in a disabled space nearest the door of a Lidl supermarket. Within 30 mins the same woman parked in the closest space to the door of the Super Valu. This was also a disabled bay. Couldn't believe it. She might as well drive the car through the doors and into the shops if she's that insistent on getting as close to the shop doors. Fair enough its not on public property. There were plenty empty spaces around on both occasions.

Did she have a disabled badge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

When people respond to a message in a group chat with just an emoji

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I couldn't sleep over the latest tragedy in our muddled up world. And all people are doing is arguing about it.

s4uv3 wrote: »
    When the FedEx tracking website tells me that there was an attempted delivery on a package I'm waiting on and that "the card left on your doorstep will tell you how and when to collect it", but there's no card, and I got no call from a delivery man :(

That is not trivial! That is infuriating!!

Did the woman have a badge?
    I look "able bodied", however, I am anything but that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I am emailing someone important about something important. I just signed the email and sent it. Then looked in my sent items to make sure it was sent. I signed it "kind regards, Dave".

My name isn't Dave.

Ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I am emailing someone important about something important. I just signed the email and sent it. Then looked in my sent items to make sure it was sent. I signed it "kind regards, Dave".

My name isn't Dave.

Ffs.

Is it Rodney?

Trying to buy tampons and codeine in a pharmacy near work. They should make it a fúcking Olympic sport. The "personal hygiene" section was hidden down the back, lest your catholic guilt about being unclean be affecting you. However said place down the back is also where all the aul fellas are hanging around waiting to be seen by the on site pharmacist. Now I wouldn't normally be phased by the old crop failure, it is what it is. My fertility racing off into the sunset while I remain sprog free would be a far greater concern, but this was seriously awkward. What made it worse was that they were far more embarrassed than me as I leaned across and tried to grab a box. I wound up getting the maximum strength oversized ones too because I sure as hell wasn't going to stop to peruse the flow narratives. Major design fail.

Then the fifty questions made to make you feel like a junkie when you ask for codeine. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

erica74 wrote: »
    That is not trivial! That is infuriating!!

Did the woman have a badge?
    I look "able bodied", however, I am anything but that.
    I didnt look for a badge. She certainly wasnt disabled as she passed me going into the Super Valu store. Definitely had no passenger either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I didnt look for a badge. She certainly wasnt disabled as she passed me going into the Super Valu store. Definitely had no passenger either.

You have no idea what someone's disability might be, so don't assume they don't have one because at that moment they happen to be walking by you without issue.

You seem to think that since she wasn't in a wheelchair she wasn't disabled. You don't know what disability she could have had and why she needed to be closer to the front.

TA today: Failed my NCT :(

Trying to buy tampons and codeine in a pharmacy near work. They should make it a fúcking Olympic sport. The "personal hygiene" section was hidden down the back, lest your catholic guilt about being unclean be affecting you. However said place down the back is also where all the aul fellas are hanging around waiting to be seen by the on site pharmacist. Now I wouldn't normally be phased by the old crop failure, it is what it is. My fertility racing off into the sunset while I remain sprog free would be a far greater concern, but this was seriously awkward. What made it worse was that they were far more embarrassed than me as I leaned across and tried to grab a box. I wound up getting the maximum strength oversized ones too because I sure as hell wasn't going to stop to peruse the flow narratives. Major design fail.

Then the fifty questions made to make you feel like a junkie when you ask for codeine. :mad:
    I was buying tampons at the weekend and they were stacked next to the Tena Ladies, the adult nappies. I like to make an informed choice of what I'm buying but was too embarrassed to examine the box incase people thought I had issues peeing my pants :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Daughter's boss telling her colleagues that daughter's(newly acquired) skin condition is caused by dirt/ringworm. Am too far away to knock said boss's head off.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Daughter's boss telling her colleagues that daughter's(newly acquired) skin condition is caused by dirt/ringworm. Am too far away to knock said boss's head off.

What a badminded cow. One of the girls I worked with had eczema (as did I as a child) and her children had it, too, as it runs in families. One of her children had a particularly bad flare-up and a teacher suggested she had scabies! Which is infectious! I went to school with a girl with butterfly skin syndrome too, and people used to move away and even run away from her. So much ignorance :(

MY TA today is, I was all set to go for a walk when someone arrived to visit and gave me a lift. Which was nice of them and I'm not supposed to walk far or do anything much at the moment. I'm just sick of festering indoors on my bum most of the time..

Heard the two young pharmacists mocking my name in the chemist. I haven't heard those jokes since I was around 11 at junior athletics. Muppets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Heard the two young pharmacists mocking my name in the chemist. I haven't heard those jokes since I was around 11 at junior athletics. Muppets.

Fairly childish and inappropriate behaviour to say the least.

I was annoyed myself in a pharmacy earlier. The woman there is normally slow but today just took the biscuit. There were two ahead of me in
    queue. The first fella took over 10 minutes in what was more like a monty python sketch than a simple over the counter transaction.

The second woman went to the counter and started rooting in her bag and said 'just a couple of things....' I could see this wasn't going to be quick and I was out the door and starting up the car before she'd finished her sentence as another minute more and I'd have been ransacking the place for valium.

Tablet effect wearing off after two hours - but only allowed to take them every four hours. So two more hours of pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

This heat on public transport I just won't to die !!!!!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭MySandwich

This heat on public transport I just won't to die !!!!!.

Not as bad as the heat in the office! At least you are on your way home

Also I can't find a pen that actually works today 😣

The DSPCA issuing a warning to pet owners not to take their dog on holidays as it might stress them out. What they really mean is "leave it with us so we can charge you boarding rates". Thanks but no thanks!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My mug is empty and would love it to be filled with lovely tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Brought sib to newish iceland shop, showed him a pack of 12ish burger buns that live in the freezer till an hour before they needed, €1.50 for them. Today I find out he assumed there were burgers in the bun as well(my fault of course)! wth did he think I was talking about when I mentioned it's hard to get the same amount of buns in a package as you would (I believe) in a box of burgers.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

My Phone keeps trolling me. When I go into something on the Web there's a blue bar just sitting there doing nothing when I do a Google Search, well presumably to show if I'm in word Web or Images Web or whatever Section, but it also looks like it's about quarter of the way loading of a search of the big long blue bar that fills up blue, when I havn't actually looked up anything yet at all but am sitting there waiting like an eejit! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I'm TA-ed that I was away for a few days only to come back to a new thread about annoying 'tings'.
    Why didn't ye wait until I came back?

I'm not feckin' going through 13 pages of this stuff to find the funny ones ....

Listening to someone 'venting' about a mutual friend in uncomplimentary terms and then..a tiny little voice sounding like it's coming from miles away. ''Hello? HELLO?''..she looks down at her pocket in confusion. Slowly takes her phone out. Guess who it dialled, in her pocket..:(
    ''You've called me thirteen times.'' *hangs up*

Maybe in future she will stop backbiting about people, or lock her phone. I didn't say anything much, but hope they don't think I was participating.

The fact that it's impossible to get a decent pair of pajamas in Penneys or Dunnes without having a fcuking minion or some Disney sh!t printed all over it. I'm a total comforts girl and I love my pjs but why on earth are they all desperate looking? I've no desire to look like an overgrown toddler going to bed.

The fact that it's impossible to get a decent pair of pajamas in Penneys or Dunnes without having a fcuking minion or some Disney sh!t printed all over it. I'm a total comforts girl and I love my pjs but why on earth are they all desperate looking? I've no desire to look like an overgrown toddler going to bed.

TA: I can't find enough Disney pjs and underwear! I used to love pennies for their boy shorts. I had quite the collection, heffalumps, Garfield, barbie, bambi, tinker bell, Minnie Mouse, Winnie the Pooh. Now they seem to have millions of bikini briefs with no cartoons. Do not like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Forgetfulness. I had 2 T.A.'s one about the Googling and I can't remember the other one. That's annoying me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA taking antibiotics to get better but they are upsetting my stomach

TA: I can't find enough Disney pjs and underwear! I used to love pennies for their boy shorts. I had quite the collection, heffalumps, Garfield, barbie, bambi, tinker bell, Minnie Mouse, Winnie the Pooh. Now they seem to have millions of bikini briefs with no cartoons. Do not like.

Haha! I've one or two bits alright myself, but am going away soon with my boyfriend and his family so was looking for a few nice pj short sets and could I fcuk find a nice one that didn't look like it was made for a pre pubescent child. I'd wear anything in my own home but don't want the bf's family thinking I'm a 28 year old Disney Princess wannabe!

https://www.prettylittlething.com/flamingo-onesie.html

There you go you can thank me later :D

TA: I don't have a flamingo onesie

Jrop wrote: »
    TA taking antibiotics to get better but they are upsetting my stomach

Yogurt or probiotics.

I'm so tired someone needs to put me to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I have a blister that has a blister. Then I did a 5k race using the blistered foot cos I was too stubborn not to.
    Now I have a very sore limpy foot.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement