Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not The Annoyingly Trivial Things-Bitches be cray cray week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Have a head cold the last 3 days, please be gone tomorrow :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

A woman I deal with from a client of ours at work is leaving. She has been a nitpicking pain the hole for years so I should be delighted I won't have to grin and bear her sharp comments and obstinate nature anymore but I'll miss the aul cow all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How TV news channels absolutely love these tragic events.

They indulge in hyperbole beyond reasonable levels. Listening to Tom Bradbury on ITV, you'd think he was reading from a bad novel.

And all the symbolism. Tonight I have seen a road cleared so Muslims could walk down it with placards, while white English people applaud them. Or a Jewish guy hugging a policeman and posing for a photo, more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I didnt look for a badge. She certainly wasnt disabled as she passed me going into the Super Valu store. Definitely had no passenger either.

Well you can't really comment if you didn't look for a badge. There are a huge amount of reasons why people may need a disabled badge other than being in a wheelchair or having a visible disability.
    People who suffer from severe crohn's disease and colitis are entitled to a disability badge but I'm pretty sure if you confronted them in a carpark, they wouldn't be too happy to discuss their bowel problems with you.

I myself suffer from a disability and there are days when I look (and feel) great but there are days when I feel like shite (to put it mildly) and I have difficulty standing and walking. I don't have a disabled badge, as I don't drive a car, however, using public transport (which I do as little as possible) is a nightmare because people seem to think that if you're out in public, you're grand.
    Bredabe wrote: »
    Daughter's boss telling her colleagues that daughter's(newly acquired) skin condition is caused by dirt/ringworm. Am too far away to knock said boss's head off.

I used to work for a horrible horrible horrible woman, who told a new employee (who suffered from very bad eczema on her face), on her first day of work "you obviously have some sort of skin condition so you'll have to wear make up in the office, we have a dress code". Needless to say, the woman didn't come back for her second day.
    anna080 wrote: »
    The fact that it's impossible to get a decent pair of pajamas in Penneys or Dunnes without having a fcuking minion or some Disney sh!t printed all over it. I'm a total comforts girl and I love my pjs but why on earth are they all desperate looking? I've no desire to look like an overgrown toddler going to bed.

I prefer pjs with shorts as I get roasted in the night but I find the waistband on penneys shorts way too tight (no matter what size I buy them in) so I started buying pjs on littlewoods. Now, they have some questionable ones with stupid slogans involving the words "squad" and "slay" but they have some lovely plain ones and they're really good quality. They have some 2 packs as well.
    I love penneys but I always find that most of the pjs lose their shape after 1 or 2 washes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

anna080 wrote: »
    The fact that it's impossible to get a decent pair of pajamas in Penneys or Dunnes without having a fcuking minion or some Disney sh!t printed all over it. I'm a total comforts girl and I love my pjs but why on earth are they all desperate looking? I've no desire to look like an overgrown toddler going to bed.

This annoys me too! Like fair enough have some with cartoons but not all of them ffs. Also creepy adult underwear with cartoons. Wrong.

There was a woman beside me on the luas this morning and she annoyed me because she came across as so fúcking precious. She already had the window seat and she clearly wasn't happy when I elected to sit beside her. She let out a huge sigh as I tried to get comfortable with my coat, handbag and swimming bag. She shot a look at some guy who was standing in front of her as she thought he was looking at her but he was actually looking past her to see if there were seats further down. Then she started giving everyone in her vicinity weird looks when the smell of fart permeated the air, as she tried to figure out who had deal it. She looked pointedly at someone who was coughing and sneezing across the way. When she got up to leave she didn't even bother saying excuse me.

Then what TA'd me the most was that I realised that she was actually me most mornings on public transport. I really thought she was such a precious, cranky cow and I started to panic thinking that other people must think that about me. TA having to totally re-think how I behave in public from now on! I shall cartwheel onto the luas tomorrow and offer tissues to people sneezing and mop the brows of those who appear flustered :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Very trivial indeed, but that ****ing Ed Sheeran song, Galway Girl. I had to turn off the radio just now rather than endure it.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Very trivial indeed, but that ****ing Ed Sheeran song, Galway Girl. I had to turn off the radio just now rather than endure it.

To add to your annoyance.....I've never heard it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Shape of you makes me want to murder someone. Overplayed to shiiiiiite. As is that "I want something just like this" song with Chris Martin. I actually turned the radio off in a rage when it started playing yesterday, and put on them crooked vultures instead. Excellent decision.

• Advertisement

gramar wrote: »
    To add to your annoyance.....I've never heard it!

You don't know how lucky you are :P

TA there was a guy driving in front of me this morning in a '92 Astra, and he deliberately kept braking and then looking into his mirror. When the car in front would pull off he would pull off too then break again. It was clear to me that he was hoping I would rear-end him so that he could put in a fake whiplash claim and pocket a neat 25k. When I chose to stay well behind him, his annoyance was palpable. TA people who think others were born yesterday. You're getting fúck all from my insurance company mate.

Shape of you makes me want to murder someone. Overplayed to shiiiiiite. As is that "I want something just like this" song with Chris Martin. I actually turned the radio off in a rage when it started playing yesterday, and put on them crooked vultures instead. Excellent decision.

I hate Coldplay with a passion. I'll never for the life of me understand how they sell millions of albums and fill stadiums. When I hear them on the radio I can't change station quickly enough. Chris and Ed together must be horrific altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I was on the phone to someone from work this morning.
    There was a bit of an echo on the line on their side. I thought nothing of it.

Until I heard the flush.

There's a good few shite songs on the radio at the moment, obviously an attempt is being made to turn them into the "summer anthem of 2017":rolleyes:

Got a bill from Electric Ireland. Submitted a meter reading. They never sent out an amended bill. Now I have received a text looking for payment on a bill they never sent. Idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    You don't know how lucky you are :P

TA there was a guy driving in front of me this morning in a '92 Astra, and he deliberately kept braking and then looking into his mirror. When the car in front would pull off he would pull off too then break again. It was clear to me that he was hoping I would rear-end him so that he could put in a fake whiplash claim and pocket a neat 25k. When I chose to stay well behind him, his annoyance was palpable. TA people who think others were born yesterday. You're getting fúck all from my insurance company mate.

That happened me before except I was stupid and ended up rear ending them. The Guards were called and when they came over to us one Guard said to the man I hit, "Jesus, twice in one day? Not your lucky day is it!". He'd already pulled that move earlier on and called the same Guard to the scene! Luckily I never heard anything back.

TA'd at scummy chancers who have no conscience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Shape of you is on constantly on the music channels, all I can think is how much dough is this guy rolling in by now.

I think I coughed up my lung and the other one is on the way :(

KBC bank ad campaign. Not so much a TA than something which sends me into an apoplectic rage. I despise that they have robbed that song "I am what I am" and whereas I used to like the song, now it is stuck in my head 24/7 plus the two dog ugly, rotten looking scragbag, hairy, crusty, "alternative", hippy-dippy, probably tree-hugging and free-loving yokes they have in their ad, dancing around the sitting room make me want to puke. I was actually going to open a KBC account and I am so filled with hatred for them for this ad, I have changed my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

KBC bank ad campaign. Not so much a TA than something which sends me into an apoplectic rage. I despise that they have robbed that song "I am what I am" and whereas I used to like the song, now it is stuck in my head 24/7 plus the two dog ugly, rotten looking scragbag, hairy, crusty, "alternative", hippy-dippy, probably tree-hugging and free-loving yokes they have in their ad, dancing around the sitting room make me want to puke. I was actually going to open a KBC account and I am so filled with hatred for them for this ad, I have changed my mind.

Yep - I posted something along those lines on the previous TA thread. I was surprised then that there weren't many people who agreed with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Not bad for a subsidiary of an amalgamation of the old Flemish Kredietbank and the Belgian Catholic Farmers Association. :pac:

That reminds me of Bank of Ireland's positvely cringeworthy efforts about ten or twelve years ago to attract the custom of students and various other Hep young thangs. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

AIB *husky voice*

We're backing brave.

Nuff said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Facebook.

No! Wait!! Stay with me.

I know ye are going to say that its my own fault for being on it, but if we can put that to one side.

What bugs me is the changing of profile pics to refer to, in this case, the f**king awful incident in Manchester.

Its not that I don't accept that people want to show support (in the tiny or inconsequential way that it does)... its just the fact that its a little symbol over their current profile pic, which is in a lot of cases, a big grinning/drunken/duck face picture. It looks so contradictory or wrong that it just annoys the **** out of me. I'm not saying they should change it to a glum looking face with it, I'm saying maybe change it completely (if that's what you want to do) to a picture fully referencing the incident.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Facebook.

No! Wait!! Stay with me.

I know ye are going to say that its my own fault for being on it, but if we can put that to one side.

What bugs me is the changing of profile pics to refer to, in this case, the f**king awful incident in Manchester.

Its not that I don't accept that people want to show support (in the tiny or inconsequential way that it does)... its just the fact that its a little symbol over their current profile pic, which is in a lot of cases, a big grinning/drunken/duck face picture. It looks so contradictory or wrong that it just annoys the **** out of me. I'm not saying they should change it to a glum looking face with it, I'm saying maybe change it completely (if that's what you want to do) to a picture fully referencing the incident.
    This annoys me too and not just because it might be over grinning or drunken pics but simply because it is completely inconsequential to the fight against terrorism or the plight of those affected. Every time something tragic happens I can predict the FB friends who will jump at the chance to "show narcissism solidarity"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The profile photo flags and the phrase ''stand in solidarity'' are mildly annoying to me.

TA some peoples' distaste for Facebook. I know most of the people on mine and very few have been weirdos and I've met and become friends with people through common interest groups on FB. Boards is fine but it's anonymous and can be snipe-y and argumentative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm way more sniped and arguementitive on Facebook because nobody bans me.

TA that people tell me I sound like you're one from the brave ad. I didn't realise it was a bad thing

TA I had an anxiety disorder which was cured but it's sneaking back again every time I think of going under general anaesthetic. I had surgery as a child and I had no problems but back then I hadn't heard of people not waking up, and that was more minor surgery. Anxiety disorders can't be fully silenced with logic.

And when I say anxiety I don't mean I'm a little bit stressed, I mean I have half a mind to cancel it and damn the consequences, even though that would be the most stupid thing I've ever done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I am a big fan of The Sopranos, I could talk all day about that program. I have watched it in TV, I have it on DVD and am currently watching it again on SKY...but they have butchered it! Lots of good bits missing....which you obviously wouldn't spot unless you have seen it before. So the lesson is this, if you are one of the few people who has not watched this masterpiece....get it on DVD.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I am a big fan of The Sopranos, I could talk all day about that program. I have watched it in TV, I have it on DVD and am currently watching it again on SKY...but they have butchered it! Lots of good bits missing....which you obviously wouldn't spot unless you have seen it before. So the lesson is this, if you are one of the few people who has not watched this masterpiece....get it on DVD.

I also LOVE The Sopranos. Why have they cut things out? It's hardly on before the "watershed" anyway so why would they cut anything out? You can't cut things out of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

erica74 wrote: »
    I also LOVE The Sopranos. Why have they cut things out? It's hardly on before the "watershed" anyway so why would they cut anything out? You can't cut things out of it!!

I suppose to cram it in to a schedule....

My TA...three day weddings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Asparagus pee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TA'd at Brunch ice creams and how there's not nearly half as much crumbly bits on them that are meant to, and they taste like perfume now as well. Why do all these things taste nicer when you're a kid? It's a disgrace really

• Advertisement

The fecking echo on my phone, ughhhh..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I suppose to cram it in to a schedule....

My TA...three day weddings.

Yes. It's like it's not a real wedding these days unless you have the pre wedding party, the wedding itself and then the post wedding bbq. Do they really think anyone other than their immediate family (and I'm sure that's even questionable) wants to spend that much time with them?!
    ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Asparagus pee

Yes.

phooonnneeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Jenifer, that you?

There is an Indian takeaway near me that does really nice veggie food but they are dog mean with their portions. Last couple of times I ordered paneer dishes I got 5 pieces of paneer in an entire dish and the rest was just sauce. I mean, its not as if it is meat they are scrounging on (which would still be mean but understandable) - it's fúcking cheese! How cheap can you get? And they charge the same for a paneer dish as they do for it's meat equivalent. B*stards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- erica74, your last 4 posts have not been T.A's. 24 hour thread banned. Starting now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Our (not very nice, cranky elderly) neighbours have had fencing from work they are having done on their driveway left in our drive way for 3 weeks now.

Should i go and ask them when its going to be moved?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Hayfever..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I'm in an absolutely ****e mood and I don't know why. And that's making the mood worse.

s4uv3 wrote: »
    I'm in an absolutely ****e mood and I don't know why. And that's making the mood worse.

Check the calendar! ;)

My TA is that I'm not in work this week and online shopping has been done.

Far too much online shopping. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Candie wrote: »
    Check the calendar! ;)

Yeh ok fine. FINE.

TA Candie being far too wise for her own good :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

TA at restaurants/pubs/restaurants that don't know how to make a daycint toasted ham, cheees, tomato and onion sambo.

Common complaints:

- The outside of the bread is toasted, but inside, the tomato is a hard slab of coldness, the ham is chilly and the cheese is no where near melted.

- They put waaaaaaay too much cheese in and it melts so much, it turns in to liquid and turns the bread all soggy.

- They don't use bread that is sturdy enough fer a toasted sambo and it goes limp, with the heat and the weight of the ingredients.

I mean, it's a toasted sangitch fer Chrissakes, how hard can it be?

Oh yeah...the new Bord Bia ad for "quality, certifed ham and bacon" where yer man puts avocado on his rasher sambo. You can fcuk off with that right there. If you are making a non specific sambo for an ad, you can put whatever you want in it, I suppose. But when you specifically name check an rasher sambo in the ad...nothing and I do mean NOTHING green should be next, nigh or near that bad boy. Feckin hipster heathens and their bloody avocado. A pox upon the stuff !

s4uv3 wrote: »
    Yeh ok fine. FINE.

TA Candie being far too wise for her own good :p

Just add it to the list of grudges you'll be mulling over for the next few days. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If you ask anyone what they are doing this weekend or what they did last weekend and their response is always ''We went to...'' or ''We're gonna just...''. No, I asked about you, as in you singular. So sick of people allowing themselves to be defined by the person they're with.

''Would ya fancy an auld catch up on Sat?'' Oh, I''ll have to see what we're doi...'' Forget it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Omackeral wrote: »
    If you ask anyone what they are doing this weekend or what they did last weekend and their response is always ''We went to...'' or ''We're gonna just...''. No, I asked about you, as in you singular. So sick of people allowing themselves to be defined by the person they're with.

''Would ya fancy an auld catch up on Sat?'' Oh, I''ll have to see what we're doi...'' Forget it.

+ 1000. Ta at the occasion I invited a friend of mine out for a meal to thank her for a good turn she did for me. She arrived at the restaurant with her husband. She drove so He could have a few drinks. They let me pay for his meal also.

I was treating Her for a favour She had done - and I was quite clear it was only her as I texted her to confirm table for two was booked for whatever time in the said restaurant.

What on earth is wrong with people - can they not do anything on their own anymore once they are partnered up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭LittleMuppet

Smelly people on smelly buses with no air con

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I miss my cats :( and I am more than trivially annoyed that I am not allowed to go and see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Samsung changed my phone internet browser today to Samsung Internet.
    TA at change. Esp one I didn't request.
    Very TA that I lack the tech knowledge to change it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Erica74 has pm'd me saying she has naked pictures of Boom Bap. If I don't drop the thread ban she'll send them to me.

Erica unbanned with immediate effect with my apologies.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement