Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not The Annoyingly Trivial Things-Bitches be cray cray week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I killed a crow today. :( Well really, my car did. Well really, the crow killed itself. I was driving along the dual carriageway (under the speed limit) and it flapped it's way up in front of my windscreen, and kind of suspended itself there midair trying to decide what direction to go, braking or swerving wasn't an option cause with cars behind me and coming in the other lane it would've caused an accident. So it hit my windscreen and bounced onto the windscreen of the oncoming car (thank god they didn't swerve either) and I reacted totally appropriately, I mean I couldn't have done anything to prevent it but the big *THUNK* of it hitting my windscreen is replaying again and again in my head. :( The guilt of it! I think s/he was a bit dazed with the heat. Hope s/he doesn't have kids. :(

RIP crow.

I thought that said "I killed a cow" and I was trying to figure out how you were even posting about it!

I hope you're not too distressed about it, it's the circle of life. I know it's awful sad (I love birds) but don't beat yourself up too much, it's just nature and modern life converging.

My TA is that I finished my exams last night and was planning a lovely lie in this morning because I am wrecked but I woke up mega early and now can't get back asleep. I am going out tonight for our class night out and I'll probably be asleep by 10 pm:(
    Also, does anyone know what time you're supposed to show up to these things? I never go anywhere so I don't know if "8pm" actually means 8pm or does it mean something else in cool person speak:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Not getting a good sleep because I kept waking up feeling like I was drowning in my own sweat.

The fact my hair never looks neat for very long. It's so fine (though I have a lot of it) if i tie it up it looks like I've slept in it after 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

erica74 wrote:
    My TA is that I finished my exams last night and was planning a lovely lie in this morning because I am wrecked but I woke up mega early and now can't get back asleep. I am going out tonight for our class night out and I'll probably be asleep by 10 pm Also, does anyone know what time you're supposed to show up to these things? I never go anywhere so I don't know if "8pm" actually means 8pm or does it mean something else in cool person speak

Well done on exams. Turn up any time between half seven and before everyone leaves. :)

Suggest texting a classmate/friend and asking do they want to meet for a drink first down the street at half seven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

TA'd that I left 1 burner of my BBQ on low last night after the BBQ, so it's been running away with itself for the last 15 hours heating the atmosphere.

So, feel nice and warm today in Dublin? your welcome??

Now I've F**k all gas left!! Do I change it now, or risk running out of gas today when cooking dinner?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Whenever any Irish person is in the news be it for a tragedy or whatever, the lazy journalists always have to pad out their report with shíte about how they were well known and well respected in the community, or involved with GAA or popular in the area etc. Shut the fúck up. A tragedy is atragedy and is not lessened or heightened by virtue of someone playing stick fighting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

some absolute bell-end was outside on the estate roaring his head off at 4am this morning, and I couldn't get back to sleep afterwards. Some people can be right pr*cks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Whenever any Irish person is in the news be it for a tragedy or whatever, the lazy journalists always have to pad out their report with shíte about how they were well known and well respected in the community, or involved with GAA or popular in the area etc. Shut the fúck up. A tragedy is atragedy and is not lessened or heightened by virtue of someone playing stick fighting.

Yep, it means the person is popular and ''one of us'' and could do no wrong. It seems to come up often in the news and happened in the case of a local man who did something criminal. Is not being involved with the GAA and keeping yourself to yourself a sign of latent evil, I wonder.

It's the same at funerals. Beloved mother. The best sister. The kindest friend.
    It makes me so glad to be an asshole, makes me immortal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I would love to attend my own funeral and see what they all say about me. Bask in the tributes and lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I'm not in the gaa and I'm not a mother so I'll have the church to myself the day of my funeral.
    Not a bit ta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The only time I was ever at a funeral where the eulogy wasn't practically fraudulent was a colleagues mother who was an absolute cu next Tuesday of the highest degree, and the only good thing they could say about her was, "she was never afraid to tell people what she thinks". :p

TA taking anti-inflammatories and retaining fluid. I feel fat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    some absolute bell-end was outside on the estate roaring his head off at 4am this morning, and I couldn't get back to sleep afterwards. Some people can be right pr*cks.
    TA'ed that ppl seem to think we should all be as interested in their good time as they are. AND think that other ppl's sleep is less nb.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

In some places not being a gaa head is evil of the highest order.
    TA'eed the unwritten rule that we "cant speak ill of the dead", like we and their loved ones dont know they could be monsters when it suited them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Bit OT but this obit always gives me a good chuckle. Probably the most honest "tribute" to a dead person ever. :pac:

http://obit.carnesfuneralhome.com/leslie-ray-charping
    Leslie Ray Charping

Leslie Ray "Popeye" Charping was born in Galveston, Texas on November 20, 1942 and passed away January 30, 2017, which was 29 years longer than expected and much longer than he deserved. Leslie battled with cancer in his latter years and lost his battle, ultimately due to being the horses ass he was known for. He leaves behind 2 relieved children; a son Leslie Roy Charping and daughter, Shiela Smith along with six grandchildren and countless other victims including an ex wife, relatives, friends, neighbors, doctors, nurses and random strangers.

At a young age, Leslie quickly became a model example of bad parenting combined with mental illness and a complete commitment to drinking, drugs, womanizing and being generally offensive. Leslie enlisted to serve in the Navy, but not so much in a brave & patriotic way but more as part of a plea deal to escape sentencing on criminal charges. While enlisted, Leslie was the Navy boxing champion and went on to sufficiently embarrass his family and country by spending the remainder of his service in the Balboa Mental Health Hospital receiving much needed mental healthcare services.

Leslie was surprisingly intelligent, however he lacked ambition and motivation to do anything more than being reckless, wasteful, squandering the family savings and fantasizing about get rich quick schemes. Leslie's hobbies included being abusive to his family, expediting trips to heaven for the beloved family pets and fishing, which he was less skilled with than the previously mentioned. Leslie's life served no other obvious purpose, he did not contribute to society or serve his community and he possessed no redeeming qualities besides quick whited sarcasm which was amusing during his sober days.

With Leslie's passing he will be missed only for what he never did; being a loving husband, father and good friend. No services will be held, there will be no prayers for eternal peace and no apologizes to the family he tortured. Leslie's remains will be cremated and kept in the barn until "Ray", the family donkey's wood shavings run out. Leslie's passing proves that evil does in fact die and hopefully marks a time of healing and safety for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Equally, you cannot omit the 'on', for example if you were to say '' Greencap posted in the Trivial Things thread Thursday'' or ''The sports day will be held Monday ''

When people say "of a Monday". Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhh.

My jumper's shrunk in the washing machine. Now my wrists are sticking out like the wrist of an urchin child from Oliver Twist.

My jumper's shrunk in the washing machine. Now my wrists are sticking out like the wrist of an urchin child from Oliver Twist.

Or worse - look like a hipster.

My TA is that I have been nurturing my strawberry plants for a long time now. The first ones are growing nicely but it looks like they will ripen when I am away for a few days.

So the other two who I live with - who have made no effort - will bear the first fruits of this years strawberry crop.

I'm a cheapskate. That's not my TA.

My TA is I have (as discussed) psoriasis in my joints. Although I've had psoriasis for years it was never in my joints before. So I rang boots "hi I have XX is there anything I can buy over the counter?" No we recommend seeing your dr.
    Rang dr surgery yesterday and spoke to the nurse, "do I need to have my bloods done?" No you need to see the dr.
    Got an appointment this morning "yes it seems like that's what it is, I want you to continue on with nurofen for 10 days, come back and have a blood test done and we'll take it from there".

Are you ducking sh1tting me?! 50 euro for that! I was robbed

And you can expect the spanish inquisition when you try to buy said 10 days nurofen supply from the pharmacy. Double kick in the nuts.

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Yes, that little extra piece of unnecessary news. Kind of like the awful story in the paper the other day about two men in Indonesia getting lashed for having gay sex...that was the actual report, two men lashed for having gay sex. Am I missing something ? Is there any other sort for two men to have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

tomwaits48 wrote: »

Bell ends in cars waiting to collect neighbors, the motor left revving for half an hour at 2 in the morning while jacinta says her endless goodbyes, gets her hair ready for her early shift, or whatever reason.
    Same thing for the guy in the transit van at 7am. Sat outside my neighbors ringing him to get up.
    I hear the whole drama, he calls him on one of those extra loud car phone setups.

RONRONRONRONRONRONRONRONRONRON

BLURRRRP BLURRRRP

Turn the key ffs - it will take 2 seconds.

TA'ed, tomtom down on company car, asked colleague for exact directions to meeting, she draws me a map with NO markings at all. Ask another(1st one a begrudging b!tch) for directions, she hands me pen to write them down, now if I could read my own writing I would be boss and not sap out on the road taking abuse for just being there.

2. Slept too much yesterday and was foggy headed all day, slept enough last pm, still foggy headed but cranky and dozy as well, wtf.
    3. A post on a forum saying how we all just human and it's all good, Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

When an advert for a car says "only 1.3 so cheap insurance" when in reality there is no such thing as cheap car insurance in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Fcuking car mats. Why are they so impossible to clean? It's like they are made out of the exact opposite material that they should be made from. Every little bit of crap and hair and dirt gets stuck to them and it's impossible to hoover them properly. Just did a lovely job cleaning my car, it is spotless- and now I've to put back these half assed cleaned, still manky looking, stupid annoying car mats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The awkwardness that still haunts me when someone from our US office tried to give me a fist bump but I was expecting a handshake, so I grabbed his fist and shook it until he tried to change it to a handshake and I tried to do the fist bump.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Eoin wrote: »
    The awkwardness that still haunts me when someone from our US office tried to give me a fist bump but I was expecting a handshake, so I grabbed his fist and shook it until he tried to change it to a handshake and I tried to do the fist bump.

I've heard of the gear-shifter before....but a double gear-shifter is unheard of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The title of this thread with its unmatching dashes. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

TA'd at so many sporting late 1800's-style beards these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Spinners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Jogging home in the heat by the barge pub on the canal with everyone outside enjoying a cold beer while I run on with a sweat ball sack....bastards....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA at the way suncream makes me feel a sticky shiny mess.
    Someone went to shake my hand today and I forgot I was holding my bag and dropped it at their feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I bought a box of chocolates for the office. It was a big box of Nestle. I left on the press beside our team and anyone walking past was free to have some

Someone from another team took the box and brought way down the office to her team

Everyone was free to take chocolates but to take the box?!? Bloody cheeky :mad:

Over in the "Trivial Things that makes you Happy" thread, a poster reported finding a big box of Nestle chocolates at work yesterday and was then treated like a queen when she brought the chocolates down to her starving team. She reckons she will get a pay raise from it, as her boss said it was fine example of teamwork and a noble act of selflessness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I've got a drippy drip drip nose at the moment and its confusing because I'm warm, this usually only happens in the winter surely. TA that I have the flu going into June.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

My son is impossible to get out of bed unless he wants something. He asked me last night could I bring him to the gym this morning. I said your dad is going to work at 7:30 you can get a lift with him. Thought no way that won't happen. Struggle to get him out of bed and to work on time some days for 1pm. I got up this morning thinking I'll get a lift a few miles up the road with my husband and walk home. Was starting to get ready when my husband said do you know the boy child is up. Fecking raging. Amazing what he can do when he wants. I could have slept for another hour and wont get any other opportunity to go today.
    TA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

TA'd that I have a phone for sale, no issues with it yet all the same models are getting comments even ones dearer or with flaws arghhhh.

• Advertisement

Vaguely wondering if I've upset/bothered someone. Ah well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Over a decade past the legal age and I got asked for ID yesterday. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Over a decade past the legal age and I got asked for ID yesterday. :(

99.99999% of people would be posting this in the "TA things that make me happy" thread.

That despacrto song rolling around my head

My TA

I haven't been asked for ID since I was sixteen!

• Advertisement

I decided I'd go out for a few hours and started getting ready, which means some concealer under my eyes (that blue-circle, ''I've just had a near-death experience'' look is so last year) and some black eyeliner. So I went to apply the eyeliner and the whole tip of the kohl fell off. I re-sharpened it and it broke off inside the sharpener. I did it again and very cautiously touched it to my eyelid and it fell off and left a black patch on my eye. It's only a week old ffs.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Put it in the fridge for 15 mins, maybe the temperature is too high and it's making it too soft.

My TA - I can't find my 'gardening' track-suit bottoms anywhere. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Feel like crap today. Sore throat and a bit of a headache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I was in Tesco in jervis a few minutes ago, went to the self service checkouts. Those who are familiar with this particular Tesco will know there's a pick and mix sweet stall just there.

Well didn't I see some wagon just stick her grubby paw in and take a sweet and carry on without so much as a hint of shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Trying to think of an ad from the 90's. It had a flower that was being sprayed with something I think. I'm nearly sure it was for a body wash of some kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I had my class night out last night, great fun was had by all, very tired today though.
    My TA - I only just realised in the last hour that my electrolyte supplement, that I take everyday in my water, would speed up my "recovery" a lot. I'm such a dope! So I've had a pint glass of water with some in it and I'm already feeling the benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

KKkitty wrote: »
    Trying to think of an ad from the 90's. It had a flower that was being sprayed with something I think. I'm nearly sure it was for a body wash of some kind.

Was it for the Simple product range? Think the by line was "not coloured, not perfumed, just simple"

TA have to go to a communion tomorrow and I could do with "catch up" day at home too much to do and no time to do it.

Ended up going out and meeting my cousin. I was having a great night and she was trashed. She came up to me and said I needed to get over my dad, that I never did. I tried brush it off but she kept pushing it and she made me cry.

TA that 4 years on and I can't even keep my sh1t together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Ended up going out and meeting my cousin. I was having a great night and she was trashed. She came up to me and said I needed to get over my dad, that I never did. I tried brush it off but she kept pushing it and she made me cry.

TA that 4 years on and I can't even keep my sh1t together

TA that anyone would tell you to get over your Dad.

TA that you'll probably never get over him and people shouldn't expect you to.

TA at my poor feet and how ouchies they are. My shoes were pretty though.

I have to trim a big bush today. But everything is going to be all slippery and wet. Shoulda spent the money on a professional.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement