Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank draft is minimum €500

Options
  • 19-05-2017 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Is this a new thing ...........was looking for bank draft for €450 and told minimum is €500 . ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi
    Is this a new thing ...........was looking for bank draft for €450 and told minimum is €500 . ?
    Hi allthedoyles,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Our bank draft policy of €500 minimum draft has been in place for about five years, apologies if you were unaware of this before heading to the branch. If we can help with any other query please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Well just because its been in place 5 years don't make it right .  I recently got a bank draft for €3,000 and the bank teller just kept mumbling on about the reasons why she should not be issuing me with bank draft .
    She did tell me it was the old-fashioned way of doing business and that how it would be so much easier to use other methods , but never mentioned the €500 minimum.

In this case , I wanted a bank draft and my payee wanted a bank draft , so its ridiculous that I can get one for €501 but not €460.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

the bank don't want you to purchase bank drafts as they involve humans and therefor overhead (branches, people etc) and as a consequence less profit, so they make it inconvenient in order to dissuade you from asking for them....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

the bank don't want you to purchase bank drafts as they involve humans and therefor overhead (branches, people etc) and as a consequence less profit, so they make it inconvenient in order to dissuade you from asking for them....
    I was even willing to pay the €2.40 fee for this bank draft which is nearly 3 times than BOI would receive for an online transaction

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I was even willing to pay the €2.40 fee for this bank draft which is nearly 3 times than BOI would receive for an online transaction
    Use TransferWise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement