Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grace Park Wood Development, Drumcondra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jack_frost_09

Hi all - would someone be able to PM the name of a good architect they used for snagging? We'd ideally like to use someone who is familiar with the development.
    Thanks!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi all - would someone be able to PM the name of a good architect they used for snagging? We'd ideally like to use someone who is familiar with the development.
    Thanks!

I doubt you’ll get an architect to do a snag list.
    You want a good builder, handy man or Building Surveyor in my opinion.

Snagging is about a keen eye for detail and highlights visual snags, it’s nothing structural, architectural or legally strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 arminius

Hey jack_frost_09,

I just sent you a PM with the guys we used for our snag in GPW last week.

Good luck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

kceire wrote: »

Snagging is about a keen eye for detail and highlights visual snags, it’s nothing structural, architectural or legally strong.

I agree with kceire, an architect's purpose is to design & draw the property for you making sure everything flows throughout the house according to your wish list & how you would want to use the house.

An architect will interpret your list & design the house for the best possible use of space etc.

You need someone who has been involved in construction & knows where all the possible faults lie. Believe it or not, on a house I inspected I found hot water at the toilet cistern & before anyone comments -no it wasn't a bidet! Lol.
    Beware that there are some good snaggers & some bad ones! Ask for some sample lists & then decide on your snagger.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jack_frost_09

arminius wrote: »
    Hey jack_frost_09,

I just sent you a PM with the guys we used for our snag in GPW last week.

Good luck!
    tradesman wrote: »
    I agree with kceire, an architect's purpose is to design & draw the property for you making sure everything flows throughout the house according to your wish list & how you would want to use the house.

An architect will interpret your list & design the house for the best possible use of space etc.

You need someone who has been involved in construction & knows where all the possible faults lie. Believe it or not, on a house I inspected I found hot water at the toilet cistern & before anyone comments -no it wasn't a bidet! Lol.
    Beware that there are some good snaggers & some bad ones! Ask for some sample lists & then decide on your snagger.

Thanks for the feedback guys, very much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Errismore

Hi All, We've been told we can snag this week, Just wondering if anyone has any advise or spotted any issues that we should be aware of? Really appreciate your help. Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 14 arminius

Hi Errismore,

Exciting news! :) Nothing out of the ordinary for us, some sealing/painting to fix, missing railings in a wardrobe, things like that.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fada70

Any advice on how to adjust the existing bath for taking a shower? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭beaz2018

Hi. We are due to commence snagging next week. Just wondering if people could advise how long it took from the day they started snagging to the day they moved in?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Anyone be able to tell me how it is living in Hampton lodge? Found an old thread on askaboutmoney.com talking about burglaries and car theft. How is it around there these days?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Anyone be able to tell me how it is living in Hampton lodge? Found an old thread on askaboutmoney.com talking about burglaries and car theft. How is it around there these days?
    Thanks

Where is Hampton Lodge relative to this estate?
    If you google enough, you’ll get theft and burglaries in every single part of the city n

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Thanks

Hampton lodge is grand, generally quiet and peaceful. They are large apartment blocks though, so loads of people coming and going that most people don’t recognise most of the time. Parking for visitors or for extra cars is poor.

Where is Hampton Lodge relative to this estate?
    If you google enough, you’ll get theft and burglaries in every single part of the city n

Yah very true. I didn't have to Google a great amount to find it tho :) it was the result of my first search but the post does go back to 2008... Hampton Lodge is about 1.5km from the estate I believe.

copacetic wrote: »
    Hampton lodge is grand, generally quiet and peaceful. They are large apartment blocks though, so loads of people coming and going that most people don’t recognise most of the time. Parking for visitors or for extra cars is poor.

Thanks for that. Do you know if there are any differences between block a and block b of the development. The apartments themselves appear very similar...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Thanks for that. Do you know if there are any differences between block a and block b of the development. The apartments themselves appear very similar...

Not sure really, know block A, not B really. It seems tighter and not as nice as aspect as A, I.e most of A have reasonable greenery around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭fungie

Does anybody know if they are building more houses in Grace park wood?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

fungie wrote: »
    Does anybody know if they are building more houses in Grace park wood?

To the best of my knowledge there's a phase 3. Around the time of the launch of phase 2 Savills said they might not go on public sale but instead work off of a list of interested parties or people that missed out on phase 2.

Best give Savills a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Usjes

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a serious risk of flooding in this estate. I would have though it was far enough from the Tolka but on the website of the Rosmini Community School (http://www.pobalscoilrosmini.ie/content/about-us) I see:
    (Please note that following flood damage to the school building, we are currently sited in temporary accommodation on the grounds of All Hallows College, also on Gracepark Road, pending construction of a new school)
    Digging further into the website (http://www.pobalscoilrosmini.ie/tags/new-school-building) I see:
    Almost five years after the storm that caused dreadful flooding to our premises, Rosmini Community School is delighted to announce that An Bord Pleanála has finally approved the plan to demolish the existing structure and commence work on a marvellous new building.
    Note that these school buildings are literally just over the fence to the North of the GPM site. I can't see any other obvious source of flood water on Google maps other than the Tolka so does this imply that the land GPM is built on was also flooded ?
    Or is there some other explanation ?

Thanks,

Usjes.

Usjes wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a serious risk of flooding in this estate. I would have though it was far enough from the Tolka but on the website of the Rosmini Community School (http://www.pobalscoilrosmini.ie/content/about-us) I see:
    (Please note that following flood damage to the school building, we are currently sited in temporary accommodation on the grounds of All Hallows College, also on Gracepark Road, pending construction of a new school)
    Digging further into the website (http://www.pobalscoilrosmini.ie/tags/new-school-building) I see:
    Almost five years after the storm that caused dreadful flooding to our premises, Rosmini Community School is delighted to announce that An Bord Pleanála has finally approved the plan to demolish the existing structure and commence work on a marvellous new building.
    Note that these school buildings are literally just over the fence to the North of the GPM site. I can't see any other obvious source of flood water on Google maps other than the Tolka so does this imply that the land GPM is built on was also flooded ?
    Or is there some other explanation ?

Thanks,

Usjes.

The OPW have flood risk/Plain maps on their site as far as i'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭dubrov

There is zero chance the tolka caused flooding up there.

It must've been heavy rainfall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭fungie

Does anybody have any information about phase 3? i.e. how many of each type of house are being built and when ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katie9

Hi folks. Are those of you living in GP Woods happy with the build quality and finish? Is the timber frame to be recommended over block build? Any issues in the development? 😀

Hi,

The 'final phase' of GPW is being released tomorrow but there's no mention of appartments for sale only 3 and 4 bed houses? I drove past a few weeks ago and the two appartment blocks were still concrete skeletons, so does this mean that this is only the 'final' phase for houses, or have all the appartments already been sold off plans or what ?

Thanks,

Usjes.

Hi,

The 'final phase' of GPW is being released tomorrow but there's no mention of appartments for sale only 3 and 4 bed houses? I drove past a few weeks ago and the two appartment blocks were still concrete skeletons, so does this mean that this is only the 'final' phase for houses, or have all the appartments already been sold off plans or what ?

Thanks,

Usjes.

The 2 apartment blocks I believe are the Part V allocation to Dublin City Council.
    They provide fab views south towards croke park and the city from my time on that site.

The 2 apartment blocks I believe are the Part V allocation to Dublin City Council.
    They provide fab views south towards croke park and the city from my time on that site.

Yes, I was at the launch this morning and that's what the EA told me. There will be 14 appartments in two blocks but all are Part V. This is consistent with the pdf attached by Ronaldinho in https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105812857&postcount=196, so its 137 units with 14 for Part V. The weird thing is that when I search for the planning permission the only application I can find is reference 2991/15 which specifies 166 units to include 41 appartments in 4 blocks plus a creche. So it seems that what was actually built has changed significantly from what is described in 2991/15. Should there be a newer planning permission or an amendment specifying exactly what is being built in the end ?

Yes, I was at the launch this morning and that's what the EA told me. There will be 14 appartments in two blocks but all are Part V. This is consistent with the pdf attached by Ronaldinho in https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105812857&postcount=196, so its 137 units with 14 for Part V. The weird thing is that when I search for the planning permission the only application I can find is reference 2991/15 which specifies 166 units to include 41 appartments in 4 blocks plus a creche. So it seems that what was actually built has changed significantly from what is described in 2991/15. Should there be a newer planning permission or an amendment specifying exactly what is being built in the end ?

There’s a couple of different Commencement Notices.
    All covered under about 4 phases of development through the building control management system.

I’ll confirm the other plan ref’s on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭dubrov

The big question is whether the free coffee van returned for the latest launch?

2991/15 is the Active Planning under construction.
    It allows for 137 dwellings (123 Houses and 14 Apartments).

The Planners may have conditioned fewer units and more open space.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

The 14 apartments are to go Childvision next door. There are Childvision parking spaces already allocated in the development.
    There has been significant delay in the completion of the apartments due to requirements to comply with regulations
    for the Childvision tenants and I also heard but am not sure if it's true that the builders are having trouble sourcing the brick
    used to complete them. The other 2 apartment blocks were objected to by the Ierne Social and Sports Club and were refused permission as a result afaik..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

Does anyone have any update on this phase 3 of GPW. When it is ready etc?

Advertisement