Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grace Park Wood Development, Drumcondra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DavidKeane

Caillte wrote: »
    Does anyone have any update on this phase 3 of GPW. When it is ready etc?
    From what I know it'll depend on what house you have. Some are due to be ready by Sept (maybe sooner) and others won't be ready until closer to the end of the year (according to EA). I was up there earlier this evening and some are having their interiors painted at the moment (e.g. 24/22 Grace Park Close).

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

DavidKeane wrote: »
    From what I know it'll depend on what house you have. Some are due to be ready by Sept (maybe sooner) and others won't be ready until closer to the end of the year (according to EA). I was up there earlier this evening and some are having their interiors painted at the moment (e.g. 24/22 Grace Park Close).

Ok Thanks.

Im on the 1-10 end of the Close though.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭fungie

Has anybody received contracts from the most recent phase?

Ok Thanks.

Im on the 1-10 end of the Close though.

Then closer to the end of the year (that's what EA told me prior to the launch).
    They seem to be flying up though.

fungie wrote: »
    Has anybody received contracts from the most recent phase?

No, I haven't anyway. Most recently I was told it would be last week or this week.

• Advertisement

No, I haven't anyway. Most recently I was told it would be last week or this week.

We were told that 2 months ago. Amnt in a massive rush though so no too pushed.

We were told that 2 months ago. Amnt in a massive rush though so no too pushed.

Yes, it's not the first time I was told that, just the most recent! Not in a rush either thankfully.

For the houses that'll be ready by the end of summer you'd imagine they'll need to sign contracts soon though. Will post if I hear anything this week.

Yes, it's not the first time I was told that, just the most recent! Not in a rush either thankfully.

For the houses that'll be ready by the end of summer you'd imagine they'll need to sign contracts soon though. Will post if I hear anything this week.

Apparently they were sent out yesterday, I wouldn't hold my breath...

Apparently they were sent out yesterday, I wouldn't hold my breath...
    Oh, thanks for that. I haven't heard anything yet but will see on Tuesday I guess. I was up there this evening and the progress seems steady.

I received mine last thursday.

• Advertisement

I received mine last thursday.

Apparently mine was too but I haven't heard from my solicitor yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

Did anyone get to witness the the houses being constructed, presumably on site workmanship is important for air tightness? Also, is there a services stud, or will you put a nail through the membrane in external walls?

dubber wrote: »
    Did anyone get to witness the the houses being constructed, presumably on site workmanship is important for air tightness? Also, is there a services stud, or will you put a nail through the membrane in external walls?

Construction quality on houses these days is 1000 times better now than was 10 - 15 years ago. You wouldn't have to worry about air tightness particularly with timber frame.

As for the second part of your question... that's a good question something id also like to know.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Remember the AT layer is around the external walls only, so hanging pictures on the internal walls should be ok.

kceire wrote: »
    Remember the AT layer is around the external walls only, so hanging pictures on the internal walls should be ok.

Is that a cold bridge between the attic and external wall !?

Is that a cold bridge between the attic and external wall !?

It would appear that way but these drawings are part of the BCMS upload and this particular drawing is a crop of a full section and they specifically said to see detail x which is a blown up 1:5 section. I haven’t got access to that drawing unfortunately so couldn’t upload that.

Does anyone know what timber frame system they used, bog standard Kingspan?

Does anyone know what timber frame system they used, bog standard Kingspan?

What would a bog standard kingspan frame not have that another timber frame would?

They both have to meet The same regulations.

What would a bog standard kingspan frame not have that another timber frame would?

They both have to meet The same regulations.

I'm not an expert, but presumably insulation etc. done off site is one of the main advantages of timber frame. Kingspan seem to have 3 ranges, completely closed cell for passive house applications, their "standard" one where alot of work is done on site and the Ultima range which appears to be somewhere in the middle. As you say, I'm sure even the standard one can meet building regs, however, the engineer in me will feel better about my potential new purchase if they used one of the other systems as in my mind would reduce the chances of buying a "lemon".

I'm not an expert, but presumably insulation etc. done off site is one of the main advantages of timber frame. Kingspan seem to have 3 ranges, completely closed cell for passive house applications, their "standard" one where alot of work is done on site and the Ultima range which appears to be somewhere in the middle. As you say, I'm sure even the standard one can meet building regs, however, the engineer in me will feel better about my potential new purchase if they used one of the other systems as in my mind would reduce the chances of buying a "lemon".

The standard one meets the regs.
    These are A3 rated houses, the bare minimum to be honest. The same as dwellings being built in ballymun etc

The prices reflect location rather that house size and build in my opinion.

• Advertisement

I'm starting to realise that. After reading a bit further it appears that the membrane is on the cold side of the insulation, preventing external moisture, presumably then the rigid insulation is taped to the frame, so in theory moisture in the void behind the plasterboard should be ok as it will dry out assuming the insulation is contiguous and any gaps well taped?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

The standard one meets the regs.
    These are A3 rated houses, the bare minimum to be honest. The same as dwellings being built in ballymun etc

Did a Snag list out there for someone and other units in progress at the time, Kingspan Ultima panels being used on all houses

Ronney wrote: »
    Did a Snag list out there for someone and other units in progress at the time, Kingspan Ultima panels being used on all houses

What were the typical snags you came across?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jbnk

Has anyone from Phase 3 on Grace Park Close completed snagging yet? How long did it take? It looks like they are moving on swiftly with the road and will hopefully be calling everyone for snagging in the next couple of weeks 🤞🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sumptuousdrake

jbnk wrote: »
    Has anyone from Phase 3 on Grace Park Close completed snagging yet? How long did it take? It looks like they are moving on swiftly with the road and will hopefully be calling everyone for snagging in the next couple of weeks 🤞🤞

Finished snagging last week on a unit in phase 3, no major issues it was all cosmetic. The list was turned around in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jbnk

Finished snagging last week on a unit in phase 3, no major issues it was all cosmetic. The list was turned around in a couple of days.
    That's great news! Thanks, hope ours goes as smoothly as yours. Best of luck with the new house :)

jbnk wrote: »
    Has anyone from Phase 3 on Grace Park Close completed snagging yet? How long did it take? It looks like they are moving on swiftly with the road and will hopefully be calling everyone for snagging in the next couple of weeks 🀞🀞

Was this on Grace park close? We haven't heard anything yet.

Yes its on GP close. We don't expect to be called for keys any time soon. The phase isn't finished yet so not all of the paperwork is in place to start releasing units. We were told that we could be waiting another 3 weeks or more, I won't be counting on it.

Yes its on GP close. We don't expect to be called for keys any time soon. The phase isn't finished yet so not all of the paperwork is in place to start releasing units. We were told that we could be waiting another 3 weeks or more, I won't be counting on it.

Do you have any recommendations for a snagger? Would be nice to use someone familiar with the development.

• Advertisement

Google - <SNIP>. I found them pleasant, through and professional. They found only cosmetic issues and advised not to call them out again as it would be an unnecessary cost. The site foreman at GPW is a top bloke so all should run smoothly, as it did for me.

Advertisement