Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need half a days insurance on car in England

Options
  • 19-05-2017 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am importing a car for someone else from England. How do I sort insurance for this? My broker told me I couldn't transfer my own policy temporarily and had no advice. Do I need the person I'm importing it for to insure it and name me as a driver?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Usually insurers don't have any problem transferring cover to a UK reg as long its it converted to an Irish reg within 30 days, maybe your broker doesn't fully understand what you want to do? Other wise there should be no problem you driving it home on the other persons insurance as a names driver, provided they will transfer it

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

The problem is that you aren't the one who is going to own the car. The person you are getting the car for would need transfer their policy onto the new vehicle and then get you named on the policy.

Advertisement