Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile can't unlock iPhone 6

Options
  • 19-05-2017 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Being trying to get a iPhone 6 unlocked for the passed 2 months.
    I was told issue with apple,
    Then a manager will ring me back,
    Then technical issues,

What's the problem with them ? Phone is out of contract, and very, very poor service ?:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi 

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you tried the following:

Plug iPhone to the computer.  Open iTunes & selected your iPhone from top right-hand corner.  Select “restore iPhone”, “backup” and then “restore”.  Don’t unplug your iPhone.  If you’re given the option, update settings and click “continue”.  It’s important to backup all your stuff before doing anything.  These steps may be in a slightly different order depending on the iPhone.

*Make sure to try this with a different network SIM in it

Please let me know if this work.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭gerry sat

Anna,

Thanks for been the only EIR staff member to contact me, as I have had to do all the ringing so far.
    The issue is still there.
    I have given my IMEI number to your staff a number of times and one excuse after a other.
    I was first told in March and up to last Friday there is a issue with Apple unlocking eir customer's Apples phones ? (Did you's pay your bill)

I'm out of contract over 12 months and the follow up service is rubbish. I have a number of other iPhones with you's and within contract also.
    I hope this matter can be resolved ASAP, as 2 months to get a phone unlocked is just not on.
    If this is not resolved I will be contacting COMREG to state my issues and go from there.

Many Thanks,

Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I have replied to your PM.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 12 grandview

eir: Anna wrote: »

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi - What was the resolution here as i am now in the same boat. Have contacted Eir using messaging 4 times now and still no resolution. As i left eir a few weeks ago i cannot contact them to speak to someone as my account number and phone number are now no longer eir and i need either a valid account or phone number to talk to someone.
    Tech support through messaging keep giving me the same solution that does not work.
    What ever happened to just ringing up the operator and they just unblock the phone like what i have done with 3, Vodafone etc...
    Can someone help me to get it unlocked as i cant deal with anymore Eir chat with us that just goes nowhere!

Thanks,
    GV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

gerry sat wrote: »
    Being trying to get a iPhone 6 unlocked for the passed 2 months.
    I was told issue with apple,
    Then a manager will ring me back,
    Then technical issues,

What's the problem with them ? Phone is out of contract, and very, very poor service ?:mad:
    Hi  gerry sat,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

grandview wrote: »
    eir: Anna wrote: »

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi - What was the resolution here as i am now in the same boat. Have contacted Eir using messaging 4 times now and still no resolution. As i left eir a few weeks ago i cannot contact them to speak to someone as my account number and phone number are now no longer eir and i need either a valid account or phone number to talk to someone.
    Tech support through messaging keep giving me the same solution that does not work.
    What ever happened to just ringing up the operator and they just unblock the phone like what i have done with 3, Vodafone etc...
    Can someone help me to get it unlocked as i cant deal with anymore Eir chat with us that just goes nowhere!

Thanks,
    GV
    Hi grandview ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement