Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir slowing down my internet

Options
  • 19-05-2017 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi.
    So as I was happy as I got my new fibre line its started to make me unhappy now.
    They install 70 mb/s. So for the first 3 and half days I had 72 mb/s set on my line. Yesterday I got 67 mb/s and now on Friday is set to 62 mb/s !!

WHY ?! Its working fine! It's not dropping its connection! I want to have it back as it was said I will have 70 mb not 60!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ChrisMcCauley

Sounds like the modem is learning what speed to use to get a stable connection - mine dropped back in a similar manner.  Not much you can do but your connection should be very stable after training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi  damian01211,

I'm sorry to hear this.

I would recommend contacting our technical support team on 1890 260 260 or freephone 1901 to troubleshoot this issue and they should be able to assist you with this.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement