Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Saorview Channels on LG Smart TV - 49UB820V

Options
  • 19-05-2017 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

I have a LG Smart TV - 49UB820V in my house. The TV has a Satellite & Antena/Cable input port at its back. I have no option to lay a cable to the back of the TV.

How can I get Saorview channels on my TV. If I buy a Saorview box + indoor aerial would it work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

You don't need a Saorview box. You could try connecting an indoor aerial to the antenna/cable input, but it will only work if there's a strong enough signal present.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TestLink

Thurston? wrote: »
    You don't need a Saorview box. You could try connecting an indoor aerial to the antenna/cable input, but it will only work if there's a strong enough signal present.

The TV is not Saorview certified. So would connecting an indoor aerial and scanning it work?

If yes, would you tell me which indoor aeriel would fit my purpose?

Where to buy it. Plz post the link, if you have.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

What you can do is put a Sat/UHF splitter behind the TV and connect it so the TV output goes to TV input and the Sat output goes to the Sat input. At the dish, get another one and connect your UHF aerial to the TV input and the Sat input to the dish. This makes the existing cable from the sat to the TV also carry the Saorview signal.

TestLink wrote: »
    ... So would connecting an indoor aerial and scanning it work?

If yes, would you tell me which indoor aeriel would fit my purpose?

It's worth a try if you've no other option. Previous poster mentions a satellite dish, I was assuming you don't have one: am I right?

Anyhow, something inexpensive, one of these aerials might prove satisfactory, or something like this or this, more directional designs, & so more gain. I wouldn't bother with amplified types. Where you locate it is also important, a nearby window facing the transmitter would be useful &, if you're above ground floor level, so much the better.

In a strong enough signal area, just about anything metallic stuck into the TV's aerial socket would probably work, though I'd be inclined to go with something like a piece of coaxial cable with a plug on one end & a few inches stripped at the other, rather than say a wire clothes hanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TestLink

I have a satellite dish. So I am going to try what "Sam Russell" told.

• Advertisement

What kind of aerial are you going to use, & are you going to install it outdoors or, maybe the satellite cable runs through the attic & you could install & connect the aerial there?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Get two of these.. One goes next to the TV, with the connection from the cable and the other two to the TV and Sat receivers.

At the satellite, do it the same, cable connected to output/input, and the TV to the aerial, and Sat to the LNB. The aerial can be a bit away if you need to point it in a difficult direction. You could use one of these LNBs that includes the splitter. It will then have the Saorview signal on each of the LNB outputs.

As for aerials, I would use a log-periodic as I think the perform better.

I have no connection with the above products - just used for illustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭FunkyJunky6969

Get two of these.. One goes next to the TV, with the connection from the cable and the other two to the TV and Sat receivers.

At the satellite, do it the same, cable connected to output/input, and the TV to the aerial, and Sat to the LNB. The aerial can be a bit away if you need to point it in a difficult direction. You could use one of these LNBs that includes the splitter. It will then have the Saorview signal on each of the LNB outputs.

As for aerials, I would use a log-periodic as I think the perform better.

I have no connection with the above products - just used for illustration.

I have an indoor aerial attached and tried to tune in Saorview but it didn't pick up and channels am I doing anything wrong ?
    It's set location is Ireland and I'm searching through antenna option
    My LG model number is 43UJ635V

Please any help would I would be very grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Terrestrial tuning menu is the one that you should be looking at.

You can scan a channel manually for the dvb-t channel frequencies that the stations are on. Where are you in Ireland ?

You also need to get your indoor aerial as near to the window cill as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭FunkyJunky6969

STB. wrote: »
    Terrestrial tuning menu is the one that you should be looking at.

You can scan a channel manually for the dvb-t channel frequencies that the stations are on. Where are you in Ireland ?

You also need to get your indoor aerial as near to the window cill as possible.

I'm in Kilkenny City. It is close to the window. How do I manually enter ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement