Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor New Zealand S1

Options
  • 19-05-2017 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

This started a few weeks ago and there are 4 episodes out.

Seems like a good mix of contestants, and it's following the US format (as opposed to the extended Aussie format).

Good production values too.

Worth a look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Mr E wrote: »
    This started a few weeks ago and there are 4 episodes out.

Seems like a good mix of contestants, and it's following the US format (as opposed to the extended Aussie format).

Good production values too.

Worth a look.

Might give it a look after the US finale next week in that case - I thought the Australian one was just too long - went weeks without anyone being voted off at one point and it just put me off watching any future seasons. Same goes for the South African version - just too dragged out and not very compelling as a result.

So it's good to hear this one is more akin to the US format.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Will give it a look thanks but that new season of Survivor Aus that was on recently was so boring and dragged out its made me wary of non-US Survivors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Just watched episode 1 and I wasn't overly impressed! (Apart from stealing from the other tribes mat lol)

The whole production seems cheap and is a poor imitation of the U.S. survivor (The Australian one was amazing compared to this).

Both tribes voting 1 person out on the first day?! and redemption island? Gives me the impression that they will only have one season and want to throw everything into it! Won't be surprised to see immunity idols next ...

Super boring contestants so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I'll roll back on my earlier thoughts. I dropped out after about 6 episodes. It wasn't really holding my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Good to hear. I gave up after the first episode.

Need a little survivor break anyway.

• Advertisement

Another comment on episode 1 in relation to Dee who lost the redemption island duel and when she left said "explains how much Survivor means to her: she listens to hours of podcasts every week, listened to 500 hours of audio books, and says she follows all the Survivor bloggers"

Umm how is that at all relevant? Yes you are a huge fan just like me and tons of others (I consider myself an even bigger fan than her) but it has been shown that 'super' fans don't last long in the game. You might know the history of the show and every single twist as well as the vote out order of each season but you have no clue how to actually play the game! Sitting at home on the couch is the easy part :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Think I managed about 2 and a half episodes of this, but just couldn't get in to it - when it comes down to it the 40-42 minute episodes on Survivor US manages to keep the pace going nicely and episodes rarely break the format of having a reward and/or immunity challenge and ending on a tribal council where someone gets votes off. What bothered me most about the Australian version was that there could be 3 or 4 60-90 minute episodes before someone got voted off, and while the NZ version may not have been that bad it certainly seemed to be closer to that with 60 minute episodes than to the Original format that works so well.

Think I managed about 2 and a half episodes of this, but just couldn't get in to it - when it comes down to it the 40-42 minute episodes on Survivor US manages to keep the pace going nicely and episodes rarely break the format of having a reward and/or immunity challenge and ending on a tribal council where someone gets votes off. What bothered me most about the Australian version was that there could be 3 or 4 60-90 minute episodes before someone got voted off, and while the NZ version may not have been that bad it certainly seemed to be closer to that with 60 minute episodes than to the Original format that works so well.

I'm going to do my best to keep going with it although I know it will be a challenge!

Advertisement