Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

printers-cottage.co.uk Scam

Options
  • 19-05-2017 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

So I was about to ask about this website when I noticed the order detail emails in my inbox from this email address: service.katrina@oumal.com and noticed lots of scam reports for it online. The email address seems to be used from many different websites, mostly co.uk, and all with the same basic format selling designer clothes and accessories. So I thought I'll post it here for others' information.

The site does not have secure connection (no SSL, but an "RSS" logo at the bottom which is quite misleading) but I still went ahead with the payment. Tried it with two different cards and got the error: "Error Sorry, Payment Failure, The reason is: 1500Do not honour Please pay again !"

The error indicates that the bank has declined the transaction, but I'm not sure if I should cancel the cards... :(:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Check your bank account online? Ring the credit card hotline and ask if there has been transactions from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,545 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The error is unlikely to be real. Cancel the cards if you have entered them on a non ssl site

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Drumorig

Rss is for newsfeeds, nothing to do with ssl.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Hiddden

Drumorig wrote: »
    Rss is for newsfeeds, nothing to do with ssl.

I know that well and that's why I mentioned it. They stick it there next to their payment pethods to mislead those who don't know the difference.

The site is a scam and I cancelled both my cards that same night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Never ever ever ever enter card details on an unsecure site no matter what "bargain" you think they are giving.

• Advertisement
Advertisement