Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I tell my friend his arse is showing?

• 19-05-2017 11:54pm

So long story short, my friend is going about with his his arse regularly on show. He is a big guy but he seems to wear jeans that are a bit too big for him.

He is a very quiet guy and I reckon there's some anxiety at play so I don't want to just blurt it out. I have said it to him once in a joking way and he was super embarrassed and went home. Is there some more compassionate way to say this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That's a tuff one.

Would bigger t shirt or jumper cover it better?

Belt to keep them up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭C Montgomery Gurns II

Roar "you're epidermis is showing".

See, epidermis means your hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It's a bit long winded but...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

So long story short, my friend is going about with his his arse regularly on show. He is a big guy but he seems to wear jeans that are a bit too big for him.

He is a very quiet guy and I reckon there's some anxiety at play so I don't want to just blurt it out. I have said it to him once in a joking way and he was super embarrassed and went home. Is there some more compassionate way to say this?

Say it out straight... You're doing him a favour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Girls like a bit of crack.... That may actually be untrue as it may be the other type of crack or craic Irish style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

"Whoops, it's snowing down south!" is what we used to hear as children when the edge of a slip was showing.

My mother used to say to my father "There's a star in the East" meaning a fly button not done up, or his zip open.

There ought to be a Builder's Bottom equivalent ..."Uh-oh! Cracks have appeared in the foundation!" might be one possibility.

Or "Blue underpants again! The colour suits you!"

Only trying to help...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Be a good friend and tell him again privately, you are helping not harming him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

"You're ar5e is showing again ffs fat boy."

You have to be cruel to be kind every now and then. He will grow as a result of your input. "Grow" meaning "never speak to you again."

One of the lads at work eats with his mouth open - not even "Would you shut your gob when you're eating? It's feckin disgusting" has any effect. Some people just don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Birneybau wrote: »
    It's a bit long winded but...

Possobly the best episode of the simpsons.

" Thats not America....thats not even mexico!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

redacted

• Advertisement

Start sniffing his hole the way a dog does. He'll either get the hint or won't bother his bollocks talking to you anymore. Either way your problem is solved

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Tell him he's great crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

I normally start singing "And I saw the whole of the moon"... or "Oh The Craic Was Mighty in the Isle of Man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Start throwing grapes at it.

10 points for a direct strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

'his trousers were so far down his backside you could practically see his anus'

Alan Partridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I had to tell a girl once in a waterpark that the string of her tampon was hanging down her leg. No big deal.

Just say it to him. "Dat ass though! Stop flashing me"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Haha, surely if he's a proper mate you can just tell him with no harm done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

No.. no it doesn't... (its skin...)

Just move in for a hug, and give them a good yank up. Problem solved, he won't even realise what you've done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Say NO to crack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

My way of saying it.. "Mate, I love you down to your bare bones, but not your bare arse. Now put that thing away!"

And keep walking... Make light of it, but getting the point across.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

"Everyone can see your hole man! Get a new belt you stingy bastxxd you wouldn't spent Christmas"

Abuse him about it but switch the subject quickly but continue the abuse.

When he sorts it out abuse him about it some more, stop him from slipping back into slipping down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

In a situation like this I would say something along the lines of "You're showing cleavage", and try laugh about it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I told a lad recently he should consider investing in a belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Next time he's displaying his arse crack, park your bike in it. He'll soon get the message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Epidermis means your skin

I am a doctor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

biko wrote: »
    Epidermis means your skin

I am a doctor.

Doctor, I've this rash on my camel toe that smells like beetroot. What could it be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

How do I tell my friend his arse is showing?

If he was my mate, I'd just tell him "Are you deliberately showing your arse" or what?
    your bum crack is out mate :)
    ...which would inevitably lead to a bit of good humoured banter between us.
    I would probably then be told that I talk out of my arse, which is fair enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Doctor, I've this rash on my camel toe that smells like beetroot. What could it be?
    If you are Russian it's normal.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I usually go with "say no to crack"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭taytobreath

how can he not feel that? is he numb down there or something. have ice-cubes at the ready and launch when necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Tell him privately to pull up his pants and his arse is showing. If he can't handle that and has a break down well then there are bigger issues at play and your friend needs help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

"Fair play to you, you must have lost a power of weight. Your trousers are hanging off you. Aren't you a lucky man to have to invest in a belt, I have the opposite problem myself!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Straight is the best.

Just tell him his arse is sticking out

Just tell him his pants are hanging low, but do it when you're alone with him.

I've noticed that guys with big tummies have trouble keeping their pants up because they tend to settle under the tum, if you think that's an issue it's probably a case that he'd have to buy bigger pants so they can go around the middle instead of sitting under it.

Poor guy though, if he's shy and overweight the last thing he needs is to be made more self conscious, so whatever you do make sure you do it privately and kindly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Stop looking at his arse in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I know a man with this problem. Friend of my old boss's. He has a bit of a tummy due to some kind of gastric problem, he tried braces but I'd say they cut into him as he's a very tall, wide kind of build. I'd probably leave it, to be honest. That chap got enough stick about it and it didn't change or help matters. Just don't stare at the bit that's showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Having read that, I'd say no, no there isn't.

But it's definitely one for the 'shallow dealbreakers' thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Candie wrote: »
    Just tell him his pants are hanging low, but do it when you're alone with him.

I've noticed that guys with big tummies have trouble keeping their pants up because they tend to settle under the tum, if you think that's an issue it's probably a case that he'd have to buy bigger pants so they can go around the middle instead of sitting under it.

I might add to that, he should also pull up his trousers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Tell him he has a Dagenham smile.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Are you willing to get your hands dirty........

• Advertisement
Advertisement