Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men's Clothes - Value for Money

• 20-05-2017 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

Hi, quick poll based on your experiences of which high street stores in Ireland offer the best value menswear, in terms of fit, material, comfort and durability.

Best value high street menswear, you can choose more than one. 25 votes

Pennys
    0% 0 votes
    Dunnes
    12% 3 votes
    H+M
    0% 0 votes
    Next
    24% 6 votes
    River Island
    12% 3 votes
    Debenhams
    12% 3 votes
    Marks and Spencer
    12% 3 votes
    Jack and Jones
    24% 6 votes
    Heatons
    4% 1 vote
    Other, please state in thread !
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

......... wrote: »
    Hi, quick poll based on your experiences of which high street stores in Ireland offer the best value menswear, in terms of fit, material, comfort and durability.

TM Lewin there off Grafton St is the only boyo!

Marks and Sparks is a bit more expensive but stuff does last. Penneys for cheap and cheerful stuff. I find the quality control in Dunnes very hit and miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I get most of my stuff across Debenhams, Next and River Island. I also get a bit of stuff (work trousers mostly) in Matalan in NI when I'm there- the trousers seem to fit me really well.

I will say, Penneys have improved the quality of their stuff a lot in recent times. They have Harris tweed garments for a fraction of the price of other stores, and Harris tweed is protected- it can only carry the name of its genuine. And it lasts and lasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

I get the best value by knowing what I need, and then waiting until I find exactly what I am looking for on sale. As long as I am not in a hurry, and I have the basics covered so I rarely am, then I usually get good value. At this stage I am only replacing stuff that is wearing out. So I would expand the list to TK Max and any menswear shop that I am familiar with, when a sale is on.

(Apologies if I have taken it off-track, I also voted from the list above).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Jack an jones for jeans and chinos

TX Max if there is a nice deal,

Annotts for super dry or GStar

Penny's for the odd bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Charity shops.

Advertisement