Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency tax

Options
  • 20-05-2017 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all looking for help on emergency tax. I was getting taxed normal in my job since start of year, then 10 weeks ago I got emergency taxed out of no where. Next day I rang tax office and they said am working two jobs, which am not. I said there must be a mistake and after looking into it further they said I work in a hotel in Cork and my own employer which is in donegal. They recognised this was a mistake by them something to so with a dude having same name as me they got confused. So was sorted quickly and following week I was back to normal but I still haven't received back my emergency tax. I have a feeling my employer I holding me out in this (there cowboys) I been on the phone to tax office four times and they said that they sent my amended tax credit certificate to myself and employer. I have received mines and I assume that my employer has received there's because am being tax as normal. It's been over 10 weeks. Is my employer holding me out ? Everytime I pull them on this he says that he hasn't received nothing buy I told him obviously he has if am being taxed correctly again. Any help with be appreciated guys. Thanks Caolan.

Advertisement